AUSTRIA MotoGP TWO

Allred

Looks like Austria Two is going to be a wet weekend.

Re: AUSTRIA MotoGP TWO

Re: AUSTRIA MotoGP TWO

Re: AUSTRIA MotoGP TWO

Re: AUSTRIA MotoGP TWO

motogrady

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/08/20/zarco-declared-unfit-for-friday-s-action-in-styria/340165

That can be a slow healing injury.
Even worse, it's his right wrist, the throttle side. ☹️

Re: AUSTRIA MotoGP TWO

Re: AUSTRIA MotoGP TWO

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/08/20/zarco-declared-unfit-for-friday-s-action-in-styria/340165

That can be a slow healing injury.
Even worse, it's his right wrist, the throttle side. ☹️
My guess is he'd rather sit out a race with a healing minor  fracture than piss off the paddock again and risk other, even slower healing fractures.
I,  don't,  know  ... My thought is that Mr. Zarco is always stoically confident that the realm of possible actions is greater for him than it is other human beings.

How much greater?

By about half a wheel-length.

I do like the guy, though.

Re: AUSTRIA MotoGP TWO

Watching MotoGP's feed, with the cameras and filters and aerial shots, makes this valley look so gorgeous.

I am deeply desirous to go there.

Re: AUSTRIA MotoGP TWO

The Ducs of Miller and Dovi lead FP1.

With rain forecast for Saturday these Friday times may be very important for grid positions

So Zarco gets a pit lane start, what with that and an injured wrist it doesn't give him much of a chance, and if he sits it out I assume his penalty will also be postponed to the next race?

Petrucci gets a warning for his gesture.

Rossi says he will be here for 2021

What has happened to Crutchlow, haven't heard or seen much of him this season........Edit, Oh yes, I forgot about his injury, which was further harmed by a prang early in the season.

Re: AUSTRIA MotoGP TWO

motogrady

I think Zarco still has to pass a medical to ride today, to ride this weekend.

Which may not be so easy, seeing how they effed up with MM.

"Vee don neeed see cond Marquez, no pass him at meed e cal"

Re: AUSTRIA MotoGP TWO

motogrady

Just saw where Zarco passed medical.

Re: AUSTRIA MotoGP TWO

Just saw where Zarco passed medical.
I bet they used the same protocol as they do with MM - get them into the show for the clicks and eyeballs.

But it does harken back to the hardass days of our sport.

Re: AUSTRIA MotoGP TWO

oldironnow
No live feed for Moto3's FP3.

https://twitter.com/search?q=motogp%20no%20feed&src=typed_query

Re: AUSTRIA MotoGP TWO

Allred
Looks like Rossi is going to have to fight his way through Q1........along with Binder, Petrucci, Zarco etc.

Re: AUSTRIA MotoGP TWO

motogrady

For u guys without the Motogp package.

MotoGP NBC Sports schedule for 2020 (all times are ET)

Stop Date Grand Prix Venue Air Time Network
(ET)
6 23-Aug Styria Red Bull Ring – Spielberg 1:00 AM NBCSN
7 13-Sep San Marino Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli 2:30 PM NBCSN
8 20-Sep Emilia Romagna Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli 7:30 AM NBCSN
9 27-Sep Catalunya Barcelona – Catalunya 11:00 PM NBCSN
10 11-Oct France Le Mans 7:00 PM NBCSN
11 18-Oct Aragon Motorland Aragon 7:00 PM NBCSN
12 25-Oct Teruel Motorland Aragon 4:30 PM NBC
10:30 PM NBCSN
13 8-Nov Europe Comunitat Valencia – Ricardo Tormo 10:00 PM NBCSN
14 15-Nov Comunitat Valencia Comunitat Valencia – Ricardo Tormo 2:30 PM NBC
11:00 PM NBCSN
15 22-Nov Portugal Algarve International Circuit TBA TBA

Re: AUSTRIA MotoGP TWO

Allred

KTM on pole....with Nakagami 2nd, and although Zarco qualified 3rd he is relegated to a pit lane start, so everyone else moves up one position.

Dovi back in 9th, Quartarao in 10th,  and Binder and Rossi way down the field in 13th and 14th respectively.

This is going to be an interesting race!

Re: AUSTRIA MotoGP TWO

Allred
I'm thinking that with the way the KTMs have been sorted for this year, and with Pol Espargaro on pole, I think he stands a good chance at winning this race.  Miller has looked good this year so maybe a second place for him.  For third.....Mir, Rins, Vinales, Dovi, Quartararo......who knows.

I'm going to go with :

1) P. Espargaro
2) Miller
3) Quartararo

Re: AUSTRIA MotoGP TWO

motogrady
Allred wrote
I'm thinking that with the way the KTMs have been sorted for this year, and with Pol Espargaro on pole, I think he stands a good chance at winning this race.  Miller has looked good this year so maybe a second place for him.  For third.....Mir, Rins, Vinales, Dovi, Quartararo......who knows.

I'm going to go with :

1) P. Espargaro
2) Miller
3) Quartararo

.
No Nakagami?

I tell ya Allred, who knows is right.
With the Zarco drama I was thinking about
who I’d pull in as a replacement.

And the more I thought about it the more
his name poped up. I mean, he just seems to
ride, get ok results, and finish pretty good.

Re: AUSTRIA MotoGP TWO

No Nakagami?

I tell ya Allred, who knows is right.
With the Zarco drama I was thinking about
who I’d pull in as a replacement.

And the more I thought about it the more
his name poped up. I mean, he just seems to
ride, get ok results, and finish pretty good.
Yes, Nakagami has been improving this year, finishing in the top ten, even 4th at Jerez-2, and he is 2nd on the grid, so could be in with a chance, I just don't see him being experienced/good enough to make the podium against such opposition.

Re: AUSTRIA MotoGP TWO