Re: Allred Update

Ya.....old guard guy, Allred was.

I got he was raised in the UK, and had a brother.  It was his father that took him road racing early on, kinda like many a dad takes his kid to softball leagues here in the States.

That's why he knew so much, in such detail.
He lived it.

He's all thru this place, from the Silk thread to sidecar racing of that era, he was able to put into real words what went on back then.

I laughed when I put up some old British Motocross race and, straight away, he noticed a banner for some kind of hand cleaner.  And then lamented how they didn't make it anymore, as it was the best stuff ever.

That's the stuff that is gone with him. The details.

And really, he was a hell of a good guy.
I know he appreciated this place and the guys here, all of us.
Offered many a time to send money to help with the site, which I told him wasn't nescessary. I mean, this place runs on peanuts.

That we found his input, his stories, interesting, and somewhat admirable, surprised him.
To him, his motorcycle past was just an everyday thing, that was just a normal upbringing.
Told me in one of his last emails, it was really good to find a group of guys with the same mindset he had.

Ya, even if it was only electronic, glad I met the man.

Now, if I can only figure out how he put his signature on all those pics.........

Re: Allred Update

Re: Allred Update

hacksaw
oh. WTF?
i came in here thinking i would hear he was good to go. not that he was gone!
RIP Allred.
total bummer.

Re: Allred Update

whatarush
Really going to miss seeing his posts. Especially his ALLRED seek n finds.

Re: Allred Update

Seek and you shall find