Bills ADV.

So, myself and the better half are waiting for
the food at the local diner, when a guy pulls up
on an ADV bike.

It’s uncharacteristic cold, and kinda wet out there
for Summer in these parts.

From the front, it looks like aftermarket city
with all the yellow crash bars and stuff.

She noticed me looking past her thru the big glass window.

I tried, but I couldn’t stand it.
Cutting the conversation short, I told the miss’s I’d be right back. I wanted to check out that bike that just pulled up.

With a roll of her eyes and a wtf look, I was off.

Bills 1991 Beamer.
Historic tags.
Pretty much as OEM as you can get.

On the road for 5 days, 3 hours from his Baltimore home,
he said the heck with it.

We talked for a bit, but I kinda got the drift.
The hot shower in the motel next door was what he was interested in lol.
And I couldn’t blame him.

Re: Bills ADV.

Re: Bills ADV.

Re: Bills ADV.

m143
Air Head Beemers are the shit!

Re: Bills ADV.

hacksaw
i totally agree!
although this particular one , The Hemorrhoid Special?, is a bit tuff on my eyes with that blasting yellow.

who is bill?

Re: Bills ADV.

motogrady
hacksaw wrote
i totally agree!
although this particular one , The Hemorrhoid Special?, is a bit tuff on my eyes with that blasting yellow.

who is bill?
Bill is the guy who owns and rides that bike.
Never got his last name.
An older guy, riding solo, was on his way back home
after attending some meet in Ohio.

Told me he had a 1300 cc Yamaha touring bike,
I forgot the model, and was missing it on the final leg home. Said with that one, he would have made it to Baltimore that evening, no problem, as it is much more comfortable.

So yea, you might be right on that nick name on the beemer.

Re: Bills ADV.

motogrady

Thinking about it, I believe BMW went on a color binge
back in the early 90s.

I believe they had a sport bike, a K2 maybe ?,
that had the same black/yellow paint scheme.
Yeah, black and yellow, yellow and red also, for them it was really unusual.

Re: Bills ADV.

oldironnow
Nice story !
Good on him.
The '90s were nuts for color schemes.

Re: Bills ADV.

monkeyshines
Cool bike. The GS we see today had a humble beginning, weren’t they racing and winning Rally races with the old girls?
I too stop to check out bikes of all kinds. It’s annoying to some. Same with cars and whatnot.

Re: Bills ADV.

hacksaw wrote
although this particular one , The Hemorrhoid Special?, is a bit tuff on my eyes with that blasting yellow.
Looks Lego-ish.