CATALUNYA SPAIN MotoGP

Allred

Weather looks dry for the weekend at Catalunya.

Note race start is one hour later than normal 6:00am PT/9:00 ET

Just 4 points between Dovisioso, Quartararo, Vinales & Mir.

Re: CATALUNYA SPAIN MotoGP

Allred wrote
Just 4 points between Dovisioso, Quartararo, Vinales & Mir.

.

Makes it gooder.
I love it when it's close.

Re: CATALUNYA SPAIN MotoGP

Allred

Unfortunately, upon his arrival to the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Cal Crutchlow slipped as he stepped out of the PCR Testing Booth, rupturing his left ankle ligaments as confirmed by Dr. Max Ibañez, member of Dr. Mir’s team. Nevertheless, despite this misfortune, Cal and the team will try their best to regularly start the Catalan GP on Friday.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/09/23/cal-crutchlow-s-condition-update/346286

Re: CATALUNYA SPAIN MotoGP

motogrady
Allred wrote

Unfortunately, upon his arrival to the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Cal Crutchlow slipped as he stepped out of the PCR Testing Booth, rupturing his left ankle ligaments as confirmed by Dr. Max Ibañez, member of Dr. Mir’s team. Nevertheless, despite this misfortune, Cal and the team will try their best to regularly start the Catalan GP on Friday.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/09/23/cal-crutchlow-s-condition-update/346286

Re: CATALUNYA SPAIN MotoGP

Allred
Yeah, if Crutchlow didn't have bad luck he wouldn't have any luck at all!

Re: CATALUNYA SPAIN MotoGP

oldironnow
Sometimes, your body will try to tell you you're old.

Re: CATALUNYA SPAIN MotoGP

Re: CATALUNYA SPAIN MotoGP

Allred wrote

Unfortunately, upon his arrival to the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Cal Crutchlow slipped as he stepped out of the PCR Testing Booth, rupturing his left ankle ligaments as confirmed by Dr. Max Ibañez, member of Dr. Mir’s team. Nevertheless, despite this misfortune, Cal and the team will try their best to regularly start the Catalan GP on Friday.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/09/23/cal-crutchlow-s-condition-update/346286

.

I read that yesterday on a news feed. Said the same thing as Allred. His luck is just not on his side.

Re: CATALUNYA SPAIN MotoGP

Sometimes, your body will try to tell you you're old.
“The body lies!”
Says the 53 year old who got knocked out of the seasons best ride time by a tire changing.
Insert white bearded smiley here.

Re: CATALUNYA SPAIN MotoGP

Re: CATALUNYA SPAIN MotoGP

Re: CATALUNYA SPAIN MotoGP

Re: CATALUNYA SPAIN MotoGP

Re: CATALUNYA SPAIN MotoGP

Re: CATALUNYA SPAIN MotoGP

Allred
Sounds like it was an exciting FP1 & 2, with the likes of Morbidelli, Quartararo, Zarco, Mir, Binder, Vinales jostling for the lead with improved FP2 times.

Rossi managed to gain 10th overall, but Dovizioso will have to come up with something in FP3/4 in order to get into Q2.

Re: CATALUNYA SPAIN MotoGP

Do I was looking good in FP1. As well as Quartararo and Vinales. It was looking like my team was going get me some points. I’m not sure if it’s the remaining riders have found the right settings or my team lost theirs. All I know is they better find it. Fat2 needs some points.

Re: CATALUNYA SPAIN MotoGP

Allred

Wow, Rossi on the front row!

Racing so close in practice that small differences make such big results for grid position. People like Binder, Nakagami, A. Espargaro, Rins and Mir had some good lap times but end up down the field on the starting grid.

Speaking of being down on the starting grid, Dovizioso must not realize how important it is for my CycleVisor League points that he improves his current performances!

So we have a Yamaha front row. And whatever they have done to Vinales' bike seems to be working for him so maybe he will be one to watch starting from 5th.

Jack Miller is top Ducati man starting from 4th.

My prediction is going to be:
1) Quartararo
2) Morbidelli
3) Rossi

Re: CATALUNYA SPAIN MotoGP

Re: CATALUNYA SPAIN MotoGP

oldironnow
I hope my racers finish carbo-loading, get some sleep and make a push at the end tomorrow.

Quart', Vin' and Rin' need to finish!

(Does anyone carbo-load anymore?  )

Re: CATALUNYA SPAIN MotoGP

Zoltar sez,
 "I see 3 letters.....a Q.....a V....a hat.....a trick......with a Z making a big difference......with some kind of good breaks.......".
Zoltar sez.

Quart
Vins
Zarco