COTA MotoGP

whatarush
The doctors have cleared Marc to return….Can he make it #7 out of 8 races there?

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2022/04/06/marc-marquez-set-for-sensational-return-to-action-at-cota/413308

Re: COTA MotoGP

oldironnow
And then, there's weather. A wet MotoGP race would be, crazy, at COTA. No?

That surface and water.

Did it get repaved?

Re: COTA MotoGP

whatarush
Taking rain gear in hopes of no rain.

It did get repaved in January, Turns 2-10 and 12-16 was repaved, and a concrete pad to reinforce the areas at Turns 2 and 10 had been built

Re: COTA MotoGP

oldironnow
paving = good news!!!!

Looking forward to a great journey and excellent tales!

Re: COTA MotoGP

whatarush wrote
Taking rain gear in hopes of no rain.
 Have fun brother. Hope your rain gear doesn't see the light of day.

Re: COTA MotoGP

Decisions, decisions.
Boy, I’m kinda relieved.
I don’t think there has ever been a more important decision
as to keeping or trading a guy.

For the guys with the option of changing out Bradel for 93…… or anyone for that matter, the consequences for points this week are dire.

One would think Bradel has to go.

There are just too many good guys available.
With teams whatarush and mg hitting good last week,
now is not the time for another bad day for everyone else.

I guess it boils down the belief in Marquez.

Does the guy show and hit a top 3 or something?
And back that up with good finishes till the summer break?
Or bust and lay an egg?

Ya, I think there are 60 some points available at each round.  No one team has ever pulled a hat trick and taken
the 60 some points.  Heck, a few 40 or 50 points event would really be nice for any team in the league.

The lead in standings is pretty much up for grabs.
Not like the second half of the season, when everyone has the opportunity to pick the guys running hot is of no consequence. The summer break rider swap really did tighten things up last year.

But, llke anything, it sure would be nice to
be at a strong position, points wise, come June.

Ya, is he is, or is he isn’t, that this week, is the decision!

Re: COTA MotoGP

whatarush
Thx…plan is to get a couple demo rides in tomorrow.

Re: COTA MotoGP

oldironnow
Oh Man!
Ride the hell out of everything!
Thursday - I like to stalk the pits. There's less of an attempt by the teams to hide out. Access is freer. More chill vibe. Sometimes one can engage mechanics in conversation.

Friday for the demos - good hunting!

Saturday - all track but a trip into town to be with the peoples and get a good meal.

Sunday - all eyeballs.

Re: COTA MotoGP

whatarush wrote
Thx…plan is to get a couple demo rides in tomorrow.
Livewire results please.

Re: COTA MotoGP

I’ve only watched FP1 so far but it looks like MM is able to perform. Not quite at full potential but still able to hang at the front.

Vinales showing that Aliex is not the only rider of the Aprilia’s. He’s been officially challenged I guess with last week’s race results.

The riders say the track is better than last year. They call it safe but not perfect. Their are concerns of the future of the track because of the resurfacing could be just a band-aid.
Ahem,,, Indy?
A guy can wish.

Re: COTA MotoGP

Re: COTA MotoGP

Re: COTA MotoGP

oldironnow
The livestream had a cool 500th-GP retrospective vid before the presser.

I hope it gets posted to the video section.

Re: COTA MotoGP

oldironnow
"In-DY! In-DY! IN-DY!!!"

Re: COTA MotoGP

Wow!
Ducati taking the first five spots in Q1 with Martin in 1 with Miller second. If a Ducati doesn’t win this race it will e a tragedy.

Marquez starting in 8th at COTA!? Didn’t think I’d ever see the day.

Quartararo threw it down the track with 7 minutes left but managed to still come in right behind the Ducati herd.

Re: COTA MotoGP

An amazing race!

Great ride by Miller. I was hoping he could keep it going at the front but his tire management skills are not equal to Bastianini. I’m glad there was still a couple Ducs on the podium.

Rins showed he still has it in him to take charge and make it to the front.

How about that Marquez? I said he had warning lights pop up on him and that he had no power up until he went through turn 1. I wonder if his holeshot device malfunctioned.
Either way he showed that he still has race winning possibilities.

I do wish our friend Glen was here to share this race with us. He would of loved watching Marquez making the 20 paces from last place to 6.

Re: COTA MotoGP

An amazing race!

Great ride by Miller. I was hoping he could keep it going at the front but his tire management skills are not equal to Bastianini. I’m glad there was still a couple Ducs on the podium.

Rins showed he still has it in him to take charge and make it to the front.

How about that Marquez? I said he had warning lights pop up on him and that he had no power up until he went through turn 1. I wonder if his holeshot device malfunctioned.
Either way he showed that he still has race winning possibilities.

I do wish our friend Glen was here to share this race with us. He would of loved watching Marquez making the 20 paces from last place to 6.
Great ride by MM.  His bike either fould a plug or the electronics had the rev limiter engaged at the start. Great ride.  Kinda felt a bit for Miller.  He had that one.
Was cool seeing all the cowboy hats being worn.
Guess there's a little bit of John Wayne in all of us lol.

And ya, Allred gone.....a total Effin bummer.

Re: COTA MotoGP

oldironnow
That was a good meeting.

I was surprised by the Suzukis in the way they moved up the field.

Kinda weird hearing word that Quart is looking hard at getting off Team Yamaha.

Every day is kind of cloudy without Allred. Ride In Perpetuity, man.

Re: COTA MotoGP

Kinda weird hearing word that Quart is looking hard at getting off Team Yamaha.
It sure looks like he is searching for a better ride. Makes me wonder if Yamaha will make a move to a V4 or keep trying to squeeze more out of the I-4.
I'd like to see Quart and Marc team up, if Marc can continue.

Re: COTA MotoGP

oldironnow
I'd feel bad if the I4 left the stage.
The engineering solutions all lead to the V4, but where's the character of the series?
Very nascar.
Moto2 is almost a spec class, Kalex/Triumph.
I was ruminating on that 'packagedness' of the sport while watching the Dorna's 500GP celebration.
Yes - safety is up. Money is up. Marketing is up. Viewership is up.
But, for me, I don't come to the well so much to be entertained, as I do to see a race.
Supports splitting everywhere.