Chinese Sportsters, possibly?

Re: Chinese Sportsters, possibly?

oldironnow
There’s a guy at work who careens in on a ‘95 most every morning. (About 95% of the time)
And i always have lust for its lean simplicity.
Narrow and pure.

Re: Chinese Sportsters, possibly?

no, i mean i took a picture with my phone of the 2023? nightster at the dealers. the one with the new motor.
they did have a regular 2022 iron left.

i never took much pictures of my old bikes. some do exist. not of all of them but if i find some i will post.

i have to somehow reduce the size of the nighter picture.
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: Chinese Sportsters, possibly?

monkeyshines wrote
Ain’t nothing like the real thing baby

AGREED!
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: Chinese Sportsters, possibly?

There’s a guy at work who careens in on a ‘95 most every morning. (About 95% of the time)
And i always have lust for its lean simplicity.
Narrow and pure.
exactly their appeal.

the 4 speeds are even narrower.
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: Chinese Sportsters, possibly?

I wanna see some of those Polaroids you have, of your old bikes in those shoeboxes.

Put the pic on a sheet of white paper, get as close as you can before it gets fuzzy, take the shot and upload it right from your phone.
well i am going to have to do some digging.
here is a crappy picture of my 2010.

well i guess not. invalid url or something!
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: Chinese Sportsters, possibly?

hacksaw

Ok. That was simple!
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: Chinese Sportsters, possibly?

hacksaw wrote
no, i mean i took a picture with my phone of the 2023? nightster at the dealers. the one with the new motor.
they did have a regular 2022 iron left.

i never took much pictures of my old bikes. some do exist. not of all of them but if i find some i will post.

i have to somehow reduce the size of the nighter picture.
Ya resizing is a hassle.

Maybe try medium or small when you hit “insert image”.

Another messed up thing, pics showing up sideways.
Pull up the pic going sideways, take a screenshot of it.

Load the pic from screenshot file on your phone it should post right side up.

Re: Chinese Sportsters, possibly?

hacksaw wrote

Ok. That was simple!
Did someone stick a Sportster tank on a Yamaha Bolt?😀

Does a Yamaha Bolt have 90hp?
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: Chinese Sportsters, possibly?

Nope, 65hp
It’s air cooled

Re: Chinese Sportsters, possibly?

Here it run.
https://youtube.com/shorts/EJ8eAX-M5Ro?feature=share

I notice the nose cone is different than the original.

Re: Chinese Sportsters, possibly?

My point.
The bolt isn’t a bad looking bike . But it’s not for me.
I suffer from the days people made their own bobbers and they usually were Indian, Harley or British .
So there is no historic or artistic appeal to the Bolt.
Regardless , my pointing out the HP difference was replying to your comment about the tank . Lol.
I agree the nightster is challenged in more than one styling que. but 90hp may make up for much of it.
The ergos seem really good.
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: Chinese Sportsters, possibly?

monkeyshines
Oh boy

Re: Chinese Sportsters, possibly?

motogrady
monkeyshines wrote
Oh boy

Some good links showing up here lately.
Thx ‘shines.

Looking around over there, this popped up.

https://www.topspeed.com/harley-davidson-338r-and-500r-inch-one-step-closer-to-your-home/

Re: Chinese Sportsters, possibly?

China it’s self is disturbing .
China will stab HD in the  back worse than Erik Buell did.
This whole bunch of crap will be the end of HD as a premium American icon.

A “we are the world “ non motorcycling ceo.
If this crap shows up in Harley showrooms , along with 45$ made in Pakistan tv shirts, I am going to be embarrassed to walk into a showroom .

As I said , I like the new nightster , but I hear the ST standard is being dropped .
These people are out of their minds.
Rebadged benellis made in China , a country that gave us death from Covid , uses slave labor and practices genocide , and is flooding our country with fentanyl . Not to mention stealing everything they can in a cyber war and paid off at least hunter Biden .

I should go back to Indian . Really.
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: Chinese Sportsters, possibly?

motogrady

Really.

You think they would have learned after
the Rikuo.

They didn’t learn after the Boxer rebellion .
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: Chinese Sportsters, possibly?

Looks like it’s coming to Europe and not for cheap. $11,000.00 usd. Going to be called the SWM Stormbreaker.

https://www.advrider.com/swm-stormbreaker-whats-up-with-the-chinese-sportster/

I’m not sure if the Europeans feel the same as we do about Chinese knockoffs but I guess we will see if this proofs HD made a mistake by not making the Evo sporty Euro compliant.

Re: Chinese Sportsters, possibly?

hacksaw
It’s cheaper than the last run of real 1200’s
But the idea still want me to heave this evenings
Roast and potatoes .
Who in their right mind would buy one if these here?
They would be ridiculed beyond belief , and more !
Sick. It’s sick .
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: Chinese Sportsters, possibly?

hacksaw
Euro compliant? Fk them !
They couldn’t make them Newsome compliant .
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.
123