Daytona 2022

Re: Daytona 2022

Josh Hayes bumped to the rear at the start.  For something other than water in coolant.

Never heard of that one.

Re: Daytona 2022

whatarush
I believe they was able to run VP Stay Frosty last year. (maybe it was 2020) After looking over the 2022 rules, they can only use water now.

I wonder if that is why Tyler O'Hara had to start from last place in the Bagger & Hooligan race?

The Twins Cup race was crazy!!

Re: Daytona 2022

“Other than water”
I wonder what it was and if it was just a stupid mistake by a crew member?

Watching them baggers, O’Hara on that Indian pulled a good slipstream win. Very well calculated ride right there.
If I’m not mistaken he’s riding a 107” and the HD’s are 131”.
I wonder if the Indian is super charged?

I wonder if the Indian is super charged?
Engine Ice maybe. I've heard some guys believe regular glycol watered down helps a and edging run a bit cooler also.

Re: Daytona 2022

motogrady

Here ya go Kirk.

https://www.engineice.com

Re: Daytona 2022

motogrady

Here’s the 200 guys.

https://youtu.be/ymGu9pDhInQ

Re: Daytona 2022

oldironnow
Roadracing World™ has an article in the February 2022 issue that covers their attempts over several years to quantify any difference or benefit in running VP Stay Frosty vs. plain water.

Pure water is required in MotoAmerica racing- but it leads to massive corrosion problems and/or increased maintenance to manage its use, or fix damage caused by not draining the water.

Glycol is great at cooling and slipperiness, and enters the story when RW™ tested VP Stay Frosty™ and plain water in a glycol-cooled GSX-R600 at Big Willow.

They ran the bike with each type, flushing and filling four times on each swap, and water was top with VP™ middle and coolant in another position related to the others, but not the same.

There's data in the article, and also the word 'inconclusively'.

Re: Daytona 2022

oldironnow
Thanks for the 200 link!

Re: Daytona 2022

Re: Daytona 2022

motogrady

 Jeepers Creepers that 200 is a long race!

All in all a great weekend of racing imho.  Noticed looking over the 200 results, hats off the The Brits and Triumph for the win.  That was really something.  That Ducati kinda fizzled out wtf?  Surprised I was by Yamaha running so strong, and without Big Red not having a bike in it at all, one thinks old man Honda must be turning over in his grave!

Re: Daytona 2022

Jeepers Creepers that 200 is a long race!

All in all a great weekend of racing imho.  Noticed looking over the 200 results, hats off the The Brits and Triumph for the win.  That was really something.  That Ducati kinda fizzled out wtf?  Surprised I was by Yamaha running so strong, and without Big Red not having a bike in it at all, one thinks old man Honda must be turning over in his grave!

Took all day to get through it in bits.

But it was great - sportbikes up on the banking in groups is just pure emotion. Damn, that was fun.

Re: Daytona 2022

oldironnow
Wow - Twins Cup was off the wall.

There's data in the article, and also the word 'inconclusively'.
That’s where I seen the article….out of curiosity are pictures on pages 22-24 bubbly?

Re: Daytona 2022

oldironnow
I noticed that.
Most pronounced in my issue on 44.
In a moist environment, the print seems to get welts like serial mosquito bites.

Re: Daytona 2022