Ducati on the up.

Ducati as announced that their sales or higher with Italy top sales and America in 2nd highest.
It’s good to see them prospering.

https://www.mcnews.com.au/ducati-sales-figures-motorcycle-2022/

Re: Ducati on the up.

Ducati as announced that their sales or higher with Italy top sales and America in 2nd highest.
It’s good to see them prospering.

https://www.mcnews.com.au/ducati-sales-figures-motorcycle-2022/
Let’s say, $2,000 profit to the factory on every bike sold

61,000
X $2,000.00
___________

$122,000,000.00

Yikes.

Re: Ducati on the up.

Re: Ducati on the up.

Re: Ducati on the up.

Re: Ducati on the up.

Thanks for that article, FFB! That's good news - but for us consumers that probably means there's a lot of margin on those 25k+ MSRPs. Actually that could explain the multiple thousand K price increase on some of their models over the past couple of years. 😳

If they can get enough well-off people to spring for Multi V4's, Diavel V4's, and Panigale V4's (sport and Streetfighter), all of which touch or exceed 30k in the US, they can prosper in the short term. In the past Ducati was rescued from near oblivion by affordable models - monsters,    but maybe that isn't a requirement anymore with Audi money backing them up?
I was thinking, in Italy anyway, it’s the “Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday” thing.

Re: Ducati on the up.

Actually that could explain the multiple thousand K price increase on some of their models over the past couple of years. 😳
Well,,, there is 8 ducs on the track. I’m guessing sponsors don’t cover that bill completely.

Suzuki can’t afford two bikes because of their bargains.

Re: Ducati on the up.

I was thinking, in Italy anyway, it’s the “Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday” thing.
Agree. Now that there is a reason for Italian pride and a reason to spend the extra $$$ over Suzuki or Yamaha.

Re: Ducati on the up.

hacksaw
This is the beginning of the end for Ducati .
Ducati for the last few decades were somewhat affordable exotic motorcycles based on its L motor and beautiful styling. Ducatista , remember them ?
Loyal Ducati people.
V fours suck. Limited market that will be saturated at some  point. The monster of old has been replaced by the scrambler . But the scrambler isn’t in essence a Ducati .
I haven’t heard of any Scrambleristas.

The best I can explain is RE , CSC, and some Japanese tiddlers that are making inroads by marketing user friendly affordable motorcycles for regular folks on regular roads .
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.