Gas Monkey Auction

Re: Gas Monkey Auction

motogrady

Ya, FatFat put this up last week Walt.  A few of us are dreaming out loud about it.

Gonna be interesting to see what goes for what.
That Mach 3, mentioned might go for 30k, guys are telling me at least double that.
Hopefully someone will keep tabs.

I tell ya, it's hard to gauge what stuff will go for.

Saw one of those Honda Trail 70s go for $4,000 this week.
Yeah, it was a nice one.

One guy wanted it, but it was just not the right color blue.
He passed, said he will wait for another one, with the right shade of blue, and will go 6k
if one comes up.

6k.  For a freaking mini bike.

Re: Gas Monkey Auction

motogrady

Hey buddy, can you spare 4 or 5 thousand?

Re: Gas Monkey Auction

Ya, FatFat put this up last week Walt.  A few of us are dreaming out loud about it.
I missed his post.
Too busy trying not to be redundant in that chicks and bikes thread.

I had a Fox Spoiler, same frame, number plates instead of lights, knobby tires.

Me in 1972.

Re: Gas Monkey Auction

^ Great photo Walt.

I wish I had an idea of what the 160 Ducati would go for.
It would cost me $50 just to register to bid.
There’s just something about that bike that flips my skirt.

Re: Gas Monkey Auction

m143 wrote
motogrady wrote
Ya, FatFat put this up last week Walt.  A few of us are dreaming out loud about it.
I missed his post.
Too busy trying not to be redundant in that chicks and bikes thread.

I had a Fox Spoiler, same frame, number plates instead of lights, knobby tires.

Me in 1972.

First ever for me was a Ruup.  Black frame, red tank. Behind the Elementaty School, in a sandy lot.

Remember that ride like it was yesturday.

Re: Gas Monkey Auction

m143
Rupps had a torque converter, the Fox had a Mercury Comet clutch.
The Fox was quicker, but the Rupps were faster.