If a chopper showed up……

Re: If a chopper showed up……

Sold.  $1,800 has title

Re: If a chopper showed up……

Sold. Good title.  $250

Re: If a chopper showed up……

motogrady

Sale is next weekend.

Re: If a chopper showed up……

I think that’s a “62 tbird
1960 was still the bat mobile body style and “61 had the chrome on the side near the tail lights horizontal . The ones here look vertical

Re: If a chopper showed up……

motogrady

I did take 2 of that one.

Re: If a chopper showed up……

oldironnow
That Guzzi !

What's its situation?

How does it leave there?

.
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: If a chopper showed up……

And the GM pickup ??
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: If a chopper showed up……

hacksaw wrote
Well you have the right ideas .
Except lose the front brake would be a deathwish around here. Especially if you insist on using a ujm four.
I still got plenty of chop parts though I am hoping to get rid of much of them soon.
Piles of oring pegs , trident sissy’s , etc
I had a UJM chopper much like what I described. The motor was fully chromed except the jugs. It was a leftover from the 70’s.

It had a brakless girder front end. Tank was a coffin. Bars were six bend. Wheels were Invader. Sissy bar wasn’t Trident. It was your basic tall round top. I did have a Trident on my 73 xlch. Not the most passenger friendly but the girls were much younger then. I wish I could remember what happened to it. When I chopped the xlch into a rigid it was no longer tall enough or wide enough.

And you are 100% correct. It was a death trap but at 21 I didn’t consider such things as important. The older guy I bought it from did. He later ended up with the motor and I kept the roller in hopes to change it to a roller with a Shovel. It never happened.
I believe I lost the frame in a move. Can’t remember that far back. I held on to the Invaders and girder for several years but I think I left them in a guy’s attic that I rented a room from.
The rear wheel was set up for a CB drum brake. Not much good to me since I moved over to Harleys.
I did use the seat on my rigid xlch. I think it was a total of 1-1/4” thick.

Them Tridents you have are going for a good penny on eBay if you know what they fit.

Re: If a chopper showed up……

And the GM pickup ??
Some guys will show up with tow trucks.
Some rollbacks.

You register usually before 9am.
They start at 10am.
you get a card with a number on it.
The auctioneer stands over the item.
The have a girl right next to him with a tape recorder and a clipboard.

“Can I have a dollar….. just a dollar….someone holds up their card with the number showing and nods…….2 dollars….can anyone go 2 dollars?…    2 going once, 2 going twice……..sold to number 234.
They have the office linked to the audio on the tape recorder.

You go inside and the usually have your papers printed.
You pay. You haul away.

Re: If a chopper showed up……

motogrady

Most of this stuff came from a used car dealer that had a car lot maybe 5 miles down the road. I’ve been told he had that lot for a long, long time.

I tried buying a Honda, I don’t know what it was called,
it was a 650 v twin off him. Cream colored, it had these real wide bars on it that were bent pretty good.
The rest of the bike was like new.
He was semi retired and living in Florida when the young kid that was running the place said I had to call him, on account he didn’t think it was for sale.

So I did.

“No, that bike ain’t for sale.  It’s going to the scrap yard.”
“Why,” I said, “ it looks like it’s just the bars are bent.”
“ ‘ cause it’s a killer bike. A man got killed on that bike.
And I don’t sell no killer bikes.”

Was about ready to try and reason with him.
I mean, it was a nice bike.
But after thinking about it for a moment, I thanked him
and hung up.

He was right.

Sound logic.
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: If a chopper showed up……

He was right.
Respect

Re: If a chopper showed up……

hacksaw
I don’t particularly disagree. But if the bike was a knucklehead do u think it would have been scrapped?
Turn it into 10 Toyotas does that change the karma?
Or do those 10 new Toyota drivers become cursed ?

Re: If a chopper showed up……

You bring up a good point but I don't think a knuckle would os sat in a field if the only damage was bent bars. A friend would snatch it up and fixed it.

I have seen where wrecked bikes were rebuilt to honor the brothers that died.

I guess it depends on which side of the world you live in.

Re: If a chopper showed up……

hacksaw
Of course you are right a knuck wouldn’t have sat there .
Unfortunate situation. RIP rider.

Re: If a chopper showed up……

Now here’s the motor for that chopper that showed up.
Ducati top end with Harley Davidson bottom end.

Harley Ducidson???

Re: If a chopper showed up……

motogrady

What’s the deal with this one?
A soft tail?
What’s the motor?

Re: If a chopper showed up……

motogrady

This is happening this weekend.
It’s an absolute auction.
No reserve, what doesn’t sell goes to the scrap yard.

Not all have titles.
I was told the guy had a stroke, and an executor has been appointed to the estate. Supposed to be able to get a title for any of this stuff thru him.  Like a widow that can’t find the title when her husband dies, and they can’t find a title,
he can fill out a form and get one from the DMV.

I dunno.

I have a feeling anything HD is gonna bring money.
Including that pile of parts.
That pile, if it goes for 100 bucks, that would be a good start on a chopper.

I’ve always wanted Guzzi.
Everyone tells me they’re crap.
But, if that thing, I think it’s a Californian,
I mean you never see one of them around goes real cheap
WTF, you know.

Re: If a chopper showed up……

motogrady

That Kawasaki twin.  White and brown. With the bags.
Now that is almost a survivor.
Looks like OEM paint.

That motor, it’s a twin.
If it’s a 500, or a 650 that’s not a bad looking motor for a chopper project.

But, jeez, taking a hacksaw to that one would be hard for me to do.
12345