John Burns Out At Motorcycle.com (MO)

Re: John Burns Out At Motorcycle.com (MO)

Bummer. I like his ridings. Is this a sign of a shrinking of our world?

Question is where will he go? Rider? Motorcyclist? Is there a place for him?
Maybe start a Utube channel with ads to fund his bologna sanmmiches and roman noodle dinners.

Re: John Burns Out At Motorcycle.com (MO)

Re: John Burns Out At Motorcycle.com (MO)

Was talking to a guy about all these seemingly uncertain times yesterday.

There are quite a few scratching their heads and wondering,
where are all the riders?  What are they reading, how are they reading?  How can anyone make a buck of them?

Some lament, the street guys, the touring guys, the chopper guys, the flat trackers and a lot of the dirt bike guys, are just kinda over it.

At least the somewhat older generations are.

It’s almost like, except for the ADV crowd, if you’re not some kind of action figure like a Rossi or a Tomac, and then it’s just the flat bill monster truck types, nobody really gives a hoot anymore.

Re: John Burns Out At Motorcycle.com (MO)

VerticalScope, owner of the Motorcycle.com website/webzine, cut its workforce by 22%, or 60 people, and one of those getting the axe was John Burns, long time motojournalist and one of the last talented columnists who was also funny. (He also was a regular visitor to the CW Forums when he worked at CW, and for a short while after too)

The moto-world will be a dimmer place until Johnny lands another gig.
Ya he has good stuff.

If anyone knows his contact info maybe send him an invite to stop by.   I tried but couldn’t find him.

Re: John Burns Out At Motorcycle.com (MO)

burns was full of baloney.
he may have been good in certain situations, but as CW's "cruiser" editor he sucked.

i agree with what was said about how know body cares anymore. in general anyway.
more than half the moto news letters i get are written by people whom have no clue what they are talking about. its all some type of form letter thing. i mean when a guy is reviewing a moto guzzi and it says its chain drive, its a clown show.

motor cycle classics still has good writers.
print lives in the custom, chopper etc world.
so niche publications survive.
i haven't seen rider in a long time.

general moto is too broad a topic.

i won't miss Burns , even if his younger contemporaries are much worse than he was.

Re: John Burns Out At Motorcycle.com (MO)

Re: John Burns Out At Motorcycle.com (MO)

motogrady
I think he had a pretty high up job at Motorcycle.com.
Senior Editor or something.

Re: John Burns Out At Motorcycle.com (MO)

Re: John Burns Out At Motorcycle.com (MO)

hacksaw
YAWN!
He talks a lot .

Re: John Burns Out At Motorcycle.com (MO)

Actually I did laugh at some of Burns writing.
Cruiser expert . Lol. Not!

Re: John Burns Out At Motorcycle.com (MO)

Re: John Burns Out At Motorcycle.com (MO)

Re: John Burns Out At Motorcycle.com (MO)

Well it made Burns look like the total ass that he is. A cruiser editor for a big name straight moto press writer acting like he is a cross between Lenny Bruce and Howard stern was embarrassing.
All it was was comedy to cover his ignorance.
Not that I ever was a fan of confederate. Too expensive and weird.
But Burns Is a bigoted fool. Not a journalist .

Re: John Burns Out At Motorcycle.com (MO)

hacksaw
The duck  tapes were great loved Ed.
Egan was the best until he started recycling stories every 7 or 8 years.
Burns doesn’t hold a candle to Gresh .
I loved Edwards . Jennings . And clement , until he went on a loud pipe rant .

Re: John Burns Out At Motorcycle.com (MO)

As they pass into semi-retirement or that great race in the sky, who will replace them?
Youtubers and vloggers

Re: John Burns Out At Motorcycle.com (MO)

hacksaw
I will stick with Yuleloggers!

I can hardly wait for next Christmas.  Really plan on making it a big deal this next season . Might be my last Christmas in Ct.
but in any case with all the hate that had been flying around in this past election year , I let some of it distract me from enjoying parts of the holiday season .
Not that I am the biggest Christian around. But traditions keep us sane.