LE MANS FRANCE MotoGP

Allred

I know it's still ten days away, but damn that weather forecast doesn't look very promising!

Re: LE MANS FRANCE MotoGP

Re: LE MANS FRANCE MotoGP

Re: LE MANS FRANCE MotoGP

Re: LE MANS FRANCE MotoGP

Re: LE MANS FRANCE MotoGP

Re: LE MANS FRANCE MotoGP

Allred

We're getting closer......and the weather is looking better!

Re: LE MANS FRANCE MotoGP

oldironnow
Remote engineers.
Aren't they all?

https://www.superbikeplanet.com/this-covid-thing-it-seems-to-be-going-around/

Re: LE MANS FRANCE MotoGP

Allred
A wet Friday but looks like a dry track for Saturday (and Sunday) so we should see some faster qualifying times tomorrow.

Re: LE MANS FRANCE MotoGP

Allred
An interesting FP3 on a dry but cool track.

Fallers included Rins, Marquez, Miller, Rossi and Mir, with Mir and Rins relegated to Q1. Dovi made it through to Q2 scraping in at 10th position.

Re: LE MANS FRANCE MotoGP

motogrady
Allred wrote
An interesting FP3 on a dry but cool track.

Fallers included Rins, Marquez, Miller, Rossi and Mir, with Mir and Rins relegated to Q1. Dovi made it through to Q2 scraping in at 10th position.

.
I saw where Rossi's brother had a big get off yesterday in moto2 also.  A big one.  Look it up.

I dunno, is it me that seems to notice there is a lot more wrecking going on?
Thinking back to the 2 stroke era, the no traction control era, I struggle to recall the amount of incidents one sees nowadays.

I mean, did King Kenny ever fall?

Could it be that, yes Bernice, we are witness to the leading edge of what we as humans are capable of,
engineering wise, concerning TC?

Could the mindset of just grabbing a handful, say, coming out of an apex, relying with a bit of blind faith, on some program designed in some far off, distant land, actually be hurting, or helping the task at hand?

Re: LE MANS FRANCE MotoGP

I saw where Rossi's brother had a big get off yesterday in moto2 also.  A big one.  Look it up.
That was some high-side, my back hurts just watching it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjJPA_0E5tY

Re: LE MANS FRANCE MotoGP

oldironnow
I think the crashing is due to the tires and brakes being asked to work at the low end of the temperature spectrum.

There was a lot of checking up and and hinking and jinking in the corners early on in Q2, but the heat soaked in right at the end of the session. I was thinking they may want to make these qualifying sessions 10 minutes longer so the riders have enough time to work up to a series of flying laps.

or, I'm wrong.

I've missed Roberts good work in Moto2. Just haven't has time to watch.

https://www.superbikeplanet.com/quartararo-roberts-on-motogp-moto2-poles-at-le-mans/

Re: LE MANS FRANCE MotoGP

Allred
Airing on "regular" TV (DISH) of Sunday's race isn't until 4:00PM PT, so I will have to stay away from electronic devices for 12 hours to avoid spoilers!!!!!!

Re: LE MANS FRANCE MotoGP

Allred

Quartararo is looking good, he is on pole, on his home soil, with major competition (Morbidelli, Mir, Rins, etc,) much further down on the grid), so I'm hoping (for my CycleVisor League) that he can pull something off here.

Dovi is on the 2nd row, so may be able to pull something out of the bag to reclaim some championship status.

I'm not confident that Miller can make the podium despite his 2nd on the grid position.

Surprised at Crutchlow's position 4 at lead on row two, but I wonder if his continued injuries will hamper his podium chances.

Don't know what to think of Vinales, he is so up and down it is difficult to predict.

Bagnaia may be one to watch.

Rossi at 10th will have his work cut out, but he has looked like the old Rossi the last few races.

If Quartararo does come through, and Dovi can make the podium, and Rossi can put in a good performance, I may be able to get back to my proper position in the CycleVisor League!!!!

I'm going to predict:

1) Quartararo
2) Petrucci
3) Dovizioso

Re: LE MANS FRANCE MotoGP

https://www.superbikeplanet.com/quartararo-roberts-on-motogp-moto2-poles-at-le-mans/
Ya, I caught that. The Roberts pole today. A year or 2, who knows.........🙂

Re: LE MANS FRANCE MotoGP

motogrady
Oh, almost forgot..........ZARCO ZARCO ZARCO!!!!!

Re: LE MANS FRANCE MotoGP

oldironnow
Just watched Moto2 Q2.

Roberts was consistently in 18th until the last two laps.

Came in for a new tire near the end.

Went back out and worked on heating the left side of the tire.

Then nailed the fourth sector to leap up to third to start the last lap.

And then kept at it to take pole.

Stoked!

That's not shit technique. Nice. -

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news/moto2-roberts-grabs-another-pole-position/