M143 got a Big Scrambler

m143
This post was updated on .
Looks like all is well here on the forum.

I've been occupied with some cool stuff, one is this bruised and slightly bent Triumph.

My kid bought it new 2000 miles ago. A riding buddy hit him from behind knocking him down and damaging both sides of the bike.

Insurance declared it a total loss. My kid bought the bike from the insurance company and sold it to me.

I got it almost ready for inspection and re-registration.

Took it for a shake down ride, wow what a motor. The bike is huge !!

It might be a sidecar tug someday.

Re: M143 got a Big Scrambler

m143
Here is the bike before it got mugged.

Re: M143 got a Big Scrambler

oldironnow
Good score!!!!

In what ways is it damaged?

Re: M143 got a Big Scrambler

m143
Thanks Old Iron.
I bought a tail light, foot peg assembly, hand guard, clutch and brake perch clamps, side cover, and some fasteners. About a thousand bucks.
The heat shield, right side passenger peg are scraped but for now I'm leaving them alone.
My kid put bar end mirrors on it. They were trashed but he had the originals so that was easy.
The frame got a dime sized ding by the passenger peg mount. That did the bike in, 5k for a frame and 3k labor.
It doesn't bother me.

Oh the joystick on the left switch gear that changes the display is busted. That switch is back ordered.
That's it, easy fix.
The bike however will now have a salvage title killing resale value.
I plan to ride the hell out of it, not sell it.

Re: M143 got a Big Scrambler

motogrady
This post was updated on .
Ya great looking bike.  A classic look.
Kinda reminds me of the early scramblers.
When they took a street bike and just wrapped
the pipes around the side.
Even the layed over twin shock setup lends to a classic
look.

Heck of a deal Walt.
Congrats on a great find!

Very cool.

Re: M143 got a Big Scrambler

oldironnow
Good on ya, M’!

I like that it’s going to live on fearlessly.

Re: M143 got a Big Scrambler

m143
Thanks guys!

Re: M143 got a Big Scrambler

Fatfatboy
A scrambler with a hag. I’d pay to see that.
The moto gods bless you for saving this machine from being  a donor bike

Re: M143 got a Big Scrambler

m143
Thanks Kirk,

Hacking the Scrambler can be done a few ways.

I'm leaning towards an off road flavored sidecar.

Freedom Sidecars in PA does some slick work.

This bike is tall and a third wheel might be in order.