More small bores

Re: More small bores

hacksaw

Pretty simple old fashioned air cooled I believe bike.
Not a fan of the flattish seat though

Re: More small bores

hacksaw
The Yamaha appeals to me the most.

Re: More small bores

The Monkey bike is small bore with a healthy seat

Re: More small bores

Or,,,

I’m sure you can get your legs on this one

If not then I think you’re Vespa bound which is much cooler imo.

Re: More small bores

hacksaw
Those are good. But the monkey is a bit to small.
That step thru Benly bike is nice . Not sure I am ready for that or for Vespa. Vespa isn’t cheap for one with a bigger motor.
But I will kno more as I get my bikes out soon.

Re: More small bores

I hope you find out throwing a leg over is doable.
Or at least able to stand on the left peg to get a leg up.

I know it’s not a small bore but the Burgman 650 can be picked up pretty reasonably. I see them for a let less than than the 400.

I know a gal that had the 650. She would run as hard as us on big twins. Ran the slab no problem and has adequate storage space for those trips to hardware store or to grab a few things at the grocery store.

I’ve considered the Burgman since I’ve started having knee issues in 2022.  I need to sell a couple bikes before I bring another one home.
I was planning on putting them on the block this spring.
Once I dump the walker and can actually move them around I’ll start selling them of. I hope.

Re: More small bores

hacksaw
I know the Burgman is a capable machine.
Can you honestly see me on one?
Bcz I can’t. Lol.
I understand selling stuff. Hopefully I get back out in the garage soon.
I have to finish , or at least keep working , on things in the house . And softball and gardening and I have a siding  issue on one end of my house . The tall side of course .
The meets start in may and I am way behind !!!!!

Re: More small bores

hacksaw
PERFECT!

Re: More small bores

hacksaw
Speaking of which
Actually it’s stupid. Available for four days and not available in the USA!

https://www.motorcycle.com/bikes/new-model-preview/special-edition-vespa-celebrates-piaggio-s-140th-anniversary-44600314

Re: More small bores

That Persist bike is a sweet looker. The drum brakes look good but in todays world of mindless drivers I'd like to have at least one good disc brake. I googled them. Looks like you'll have to travel to Taiwan to enjoy one of their bikes. All sub 500 cc's cool looking bikes. Nice to see a younger age getting into the culture.

That Vespa 140 thing is stupid. Just not what I would want in Vespa. Of course Vespa doesn't make a Vespa that I really care for the looks of. The Chinese are making more of the vintage look that I care for but I ain't going there.

Re: More small bores

hacksaw
You are right , F2.
I likely could get a Persist shipped over to the Philippines.
But that’s another game in of itself.
SE Asia is a hotbed of young builders since they don’t have the money to be Corey Ness .
True on disc brake .

Vespa . Vespa actually has a couple of different models. Some look more vintage than others . Though I think I read somewhere they have made recent changes and perhaps not for the better.
300cc scooter might not be so bad. I doubt I would buy a scooter that wasn’t a Vespa or BMW .
But who knows?

Re: More small bores

hacksaw

8 grand for this 300 model

Re: More small bores

hacksaw

50cc for 6k.

The Privera models all look the same.
But these maybe scaled differently

Re: More small bores

hacksaw wrote

8 grand for this 300 model
It would be hard for me to spend $8k on a scooter without being for sure that scooter life is my thing.

I’d probably buy a used one to test for awhile before making that big of a leap.

There’s a Vespa dealer in St. Louis that does pretty well which leads to decent pool of used ones in the area.
This 2007 200 gt would be a good way of testing the scooter life. I think it looks better than the new ones.

https://www.facebook.com/share/hcDX9AHqdreoYEuF/?mibextid=79PoIi

Re: More small bores

hacksaw
From what I understand 2500 is a good deal! But don’t you have a Topper? 🤔

Re: More small bores

hacksaw wrote
From what I understand 2500 is a good deal! But don’t you have a Topper? 🤔

Yes. I've never licensed it. Just stuck a plate from another bike. It sat too long without starting and needs a carp cleaning. It's slated for the bike lift as soon as the knee is able.

I'm actually considering making it legal.
I just wished it had an electric start. The pull start is a nice novelty item but nothing beats, push the button and go when all you're doing is running to the hardware store are riding the 2 miles to work.

Re: More small bores

hacksaw
I see!

Re: More small bores

The 50cc Monkey was good enough for John Lennon with Julian

Julian said it was the bike that got him into motorcycles

It’s in Paul Tutal jr’s collection. To me it’s the coolest one.

Re: More small bores

hacksaw
Well I have never talked with Julian but I will take your word for it.

I appreciate Lennon’s music.
But when it comes to stuff , celebrity previous owners don’t mean much to me. Unless the owner was a wrench , then ya. But as I have said about McQueen , I am not interested in premium priced celebrity  stuff.