MotoAmerica 2021

oldironnow
It's buried in the story.

"Steve Scheibe went to the 11th hour before finding a rider for his Scheibe Racing BMW S 1000 RR, and that rider is Héctor Barberá, a Spaniard with gobs of racing experience in different classes all over the world, including MotoGP. Barbera, like Baz, will have circuits and life in the U.S. to adapt to."

https://www.superbikeplanet.com/hector-barbera-joins-motoa-superbike/

Re: MotoAmerica 2021

Re: MotoAmerica 2021

whatarush
I haven't renewed my VP for MotoAM yet. I plan on watching the first round this weekend on MavTV and FS2 before I make my decision. After I heard that Baz was racing in MotoAM, I almost did it then.

Re: MotoAmerica 2021

This will be a difficult year for MotoAmerica. It might be a make or break year. That aside, I am sure the racing will be good. It just about always is, which is why it's so damn frustrating they can't get a stable broadcasting deal.
Well, besides NASCAR, that's true for most motorized sport here in ' America, it seems.
We seem to be a stick and ball watching Nation.
It's been rumored a Professional Poker game will draw more tv watchers than a National Supercross.

That being said, from what I hear, MotoAmerica had good tv ratings last year.  Only NASCAR beat them
in total views, here in the States, as far as Motorsports goes.

Myself, I'm feeling good on the way Wayne has things going.  The TV thing, I remember reading a piece
by Dave Coombs, the head of AMA Motocross and CrossCountry motorcycle racing here in the States.
He's been fighting for years to get those 2 venues on a regular tv time slot or schedule.
I got the impression good ratings are not in itself the answer.
He talked about how you need to get to know, and be known, by those in the world of TV Production,
to even have a chance to get your stuff broadcast.

Gonna be interesting to see how they do this year, that's for sure.

Re: MotoAmerica 2021

Knees down on baggers. I love it.

Re: MotoAmerica 2021

Watching more of Motoamerica in Atlanta. So many classes and races. A bit hard to keep track of who’s who but I like.
Just saw an interview with a 14 year old. Awesome!

It’s nice to see fans in attendance. USA!! USA!!

Many of the fans are from my tribe. Coolness.