MotoGP ASSEN

Allred

Once again the weather forecasts the threat of rain....................

Re: MotoGP ASSEN

whatarush
Looks like Gerloff is going to replace Morbidelli at Dutch TT.
https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2021/06/23/gerloff-to-replace-injured-morbidelli-at-dutch-tt/380607

In other MotoGP news the GP of Americas has been confirmed and will be ran Oct 01-03. With the Japanese GP cancelled.
https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2021/06/23/2021-motogp-provisional-calendar-updated/360428

Re: MotoGP ASSEN

motogrady

Cool.  An American runs Motogp this weekend!

And yes, whoever has Morbidelli on their team can.....well you guys know.

Re: MotoGP ASSEN

Re: MotoGP ASSEN

Cool.  An American runs Motogp this weekend!

And yes, whoever has Morbidelli on their team can.....well you guys know.
I’ve been considering this. I’m thinking of sticking with a Yamaha and hiring Quartararo.

Re: MotoGP ASSEN

I’ve been considering this. I’m thinking of sticking with a Yamaha and hiring Quartararo.
Quartararo has been very good to Motogrady, might be a good move.

Re: MotoGP ASSEN

Allred
WOW! A HUGE high-side for Marquez in FP2, he walked (limped) away, but didn't venture out after that for the rest of the session.

Vinales is looking good, and as rain stopped play in FP2, and more rain is forecast for tomorrow, we may already be seeing the Q2 players.

Re: MotoGP ASSEN

That high side was vicious! Doesn’t look like it effected the right arm but it sure looked painful.

It was good to see him walk way and later see him in the garage holding real conversation.

Marquez says it a TC issue. In the article he mentioned that it’s an issue with the Honda’s. An issue others don’t have.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/981684/1/lucky-escape-marc-marquez-only-honda-riders-have-these-kinds-highsides

Re: MotoGP ASSEN

Allred

Vinales looks to be favorite, but I'm sure Quartararo, Bangnaia, Oliveira & Zarco will all have something to say about that.......and maybe Miller and Rins too.

So looking like another good result for Motogrady.

My riders (Mir/Pol/Rossi) occupy row 4 of the grid.

A crash in Q1 left Marquez 20th on the grid, but we've seen amazing performances from the back of the pack by him before.

Looks like the threat of rain has evaporated, so looking forward to a great race tomorrow.

Re: MotoGP ASSEN

motogrady

Not good news for the American Gerloff. I saw where he was kind of hoping for the wet.  Said the setup for the wet is kind of cushy.  For the dry, they set it up kind of stiff, I guess to handle the power and brakeing that comes with a Motogp bike, and wasn't really much like his WSBK, saying they are a softer ride.  Interesting.

Re: MotoGP ASSEN

Re: MotoGP ASSEN

Luckily MotoAmerica is racing this weekend on a beautiful but strange and twisty track at The Ridge in the Pacific Northwest where temps today are over 100. The racing there should be interesting even if Vinny, Quart, or Baggy-Eyes (please!) run away with GP.

Errrgghh. I was planning on attending The Ridge this weekend, but my kids demanded I visit them...

Just cuz we haven't seen each other in over a year... Whatever!

Roberts, Beaubier and Gerloff show just how far the USA is out of the game. Or, how far the game has evolved from our world. The rider needs to have the 'software,' but they need access to the tracks and the teams that know what they are doing and have the proper equipment. They are so many gateways.

Gerloff wants a softer WSBK setting - I wonder if PETRONAS (which is how they want it spelled ) is giving him the 'this is how we roll it' line... crossed arms, 'ride it this way'.

Re: MotoGP ASSEN

oldironnow
Wow.
Quart in a rush - Around the outside, fully on the rumble strip.

Re: MotoGP ASSEN

oldironnow
Assen is a good venue for MotoE. It's a recommended watch.

Re: MotoGP ASSEN

Re: MotoGP ASSEN

Assen is a good venue for MotoE. It's a recommended watch.
Unless it rains. Those E-bikes look like high-side bull-ride machines in the wet. 😳
So the E-Moto lack TC?

I wonder if the front wheel had a motor-hub, could the machine pull itself out of a rear-wheel slide?

Re: MotoGP ASSEN

Re: MotoGP ASSEN

Allred
An interesting race, an excellent performance by Bagnaia.....until the forced ride-through.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Rossi go from 12th to 21st before he had even reached the second bend!  And then when he fell it sealed the deal!

I thought Takagami was going to shine at last, but not to be.

Another amazing performance by Quartararo.

Mark Marquez did well to go from 20th to 7th.

While Vinales did well to end up second, I'm not sure he has a consistent enough performance to start calling the shots. (although I remember Rossi leaving Yamaha several years ago to go to Ducati (with disastrous results) because he accused them of pandering to Lorenzo, so maybe Yamaha is difficult to get along with?)

Mir's consistency is good, especially for my League scores!

I continue to be disappointed with Pol Espargao on the works Honda.

And now we have to wait 6 weeks for the next race!!!!!

Re: MotoGP ASSEN

oldironnow
I've always held that there's something wrong at Yamaha since Spies' weird days there.

Re: MotoGP ASSEN