MotoGP COTA TEXAS

Allred

Yet another wet-looking race weekend...............maybe it will clear by then.

Re: MotoGP COTA TEXAS

oldironnow
Wet COTA... Has that happened before?

Re: MotoGP COTA TEXAS

oldironnow

At least practice.

Re: MotoGP COTA TEXAS

Allred
With rain forecast for tomorrow's FP3/4 today's FP2 times may determine the grid positions.

Currently MM, Miller and Quartararo are the ones to beat...............Mir will have to improve from his present 13th position.

Sunday looks to be dry.

Re: MotoGP COTA TEXAS

whatarush
Looks like the rain is going to stay north of the track today. I was hoping for a wet (low traction) day today so the Yamaha’s would qualify mid pack to tighten up the championship.

Re: MotoGP COTA TEXAS

Allred

Good to see we have a CycleVisor representative trackside!!!!!

Bagnaia snags pole, again, can he make it another hat trick finish.

Miller was looking good in practice but only managed the 10th on the grid, so he will have his work cut out for him.

Lots of confidence in Quartararo.

Mir came through late as usual, and at 8th on the grid he can never be ruled out for a podium place.

But my money is on MM, he has a record to endorse here at COTA, and I'm sure he's still smarting over his defeat against Bagnaia, so he may try for an early lead from 3rd on the grid.

Re: MotoGP COTA TEXAS

Bumps! Lots of complaints about the bumps. Track conditions are unsafe say the riders. Watching practice and qualifying I’d have to agree. Bikes are unstable at times.
I think this will be a big factor in tomorrow’s race.

Riders are saying that if conditions don’t improve for next year, especially between turns 2 and 10, they won’t race again.

Re: MotoGP COTA TEXAS

oldironnow
I got a sketchy feeling about Zarco doing something sketchy.

...Indy.....

Re: MotoGP COTA TEXAS

Re: MotoGP COTA TEXAS

...Indy.....
I wish but I think the riders didn’t care for that track either.
Lacuna, maybe.

I like how Miller put it, “The bumps are their for everyone.”

I would think the lighter riders have more advantage because they can soften their suspension more than the heavier riders.

Re: MotoGP COTA TEXAS

Interesting Moto3 results today.
A single rider crash caused a red flag after 7 laps. Race restarted with a 5 lap race.
3 laps in a horrific crash between 3 riders causing another red flag.
Race winner decided on who was where at the time of the first red flag.

Names withheld for spoiler reasons.

Re: MotoGP COTA TEXAS

motogrady

Bumps to Blame?

Thank you for the non-spoiler. I woke up late.

Re: MotoGP COTA TEXAS

oldironnow
Miller - what a mensch move with eight to go.

Re: MotoGP COTA TEXAS

oldironnow
Watching the MM Honda late in the race - the motorcycle looks like it's mounted on a road test fatigue simulator.

Re: MotoGP COTA TEXAS

oldironnow
I'm hard-dreaming of a MotoGP race at Daytona.

Three eight-lap legs in a rain-race format with hot swaps (dry to dry) to a prepped spare.

This would give a race distance of 135 kms, which is five more than the FIM limit.

The teams would have roughly 16 minutes to freshen the first-leg's bike before the second leg ended.

There would be the option to change to a different tire compound to adjust feel for conditions.

There's history and legend at Daytona, and a format like this would make the North American round unique visit each year in the series.

I would go, for sure.

Okay...... Time to wake up..... Shake it off

Re: MotoGP COTA TEXAS

Allred
Magnificent show of dominance by MM.

When all others were combating the bumpy circuit (and boy was it bumpy!!) MM used his skill & experience to adapt to the road surface.

Can't blame Quartararo for not risking a fall to keep up with MM, it's a points thing now.

How does a 9 times world champion end up 15th?

Re: MotoGP COTA TEXAS

oldironnow
By staying too long.

My thin understanding of North American Football history tells me that Tittle, Bradshaw, Marino and now Roethlisberger have stayed too long.

Re: MotoGP COTA TEXAS

Bumps to Blame?
Nope. Racer error.
One got smacked with a two race penalty.