MotoGP JEREZ

Allred
It's looking unsettled weather-wise for practice/qualifying at Jerez.

It isn't being aired on my TV until 5:00pm on Sunday, there is some extremely important re-runs of soccer footage being aired at actual Race time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: MotoGP JEREZ

Allred
With Bagnaia a full half second ahead of everyone after FP2 it continues to look good for Mad4.

Rossi currently third from last.............but with Marquez currently sitting at 16th, maybe it's still early days.

Re: MotoGP JEREZ

Quart
Miller
Oliveria

Stamp it.

Re: MotoGP JEREZ

Quart
Miller
Oliveria
Stamp it.
You hope!

Re: MotoGP JEREZ

Allred

WOW......scary as hell! Marquez crashes in FP3.

Re: MotoGP JEREZ

motogrady

Holy crap.

Re: MotoGP JEREZ

oldironnow
Wonder what the Gee report will be from the airbag?

Re: MotoGP JEREZ

I’m just now catching up. Watching FP1 and see Tito is back on a Ducati filling in for Martin. Well we now know Rossi or Vinales won’t be last.

Re: MotoGP JEREZ

Allred

Looking good for Quartararo.

Nakagami did well all through qualifying, but he never seems to maintain it on race day.

Keep seeing the name Bagnaia.

All of the top nine look like they could end up on the podium!

I wonder how spooked Marquez will be?

Rossi starting from 17th?

Re: MotoGP JEREZ

Two of the M-team at the front row. I’ll take it.
I’m starting to question my pick on Marc. I really expected him to come out fighting at Jerez.

Rossi has to be feeling a bit degraded.  Just can’t pull it out.
With the skill of the current young guns it’s not looking good for the Doctor. Only a couple tenths of a second between the top 10 riders. Amazing.

Re: MotoGP JEREZ

WOWSERS!!! What a g CD Great ride by the Jack. Great to see him finish on the top step finally.
Yes Quartararo arm misfortune helped him get there but he still held a great pace and made no mistakes.
Looked great to see the two Ducati’s out there doing the wheelies together after the flag.

Quartararo look to be in a lot of pain at the end of the race. Looks like an arm pump surgery is in his future.
Hopefully he can get under the knife quickly and be ready for the French GP in a couple weeks.

Another member of my M-team, Mobideli making it the steps. The bottom one but I’ll take it and I’m sure he will too. Working on a two year old sport bike.  How grea!!

Poor Rossi.  The guy just can’t seem to get ahead. My guess is he won’t be racing next year.

Re: MotoGP JEREZ

Allred
Congratulations to Miller, a great race by him.  Also to Bagnaia, putting him in the lead of the championship, and more proof that he was a smart CycleVisor choice by Mad4.

Can't forget Morbidelli, and a good result for Nakagami who managed to bring his qualifying results into the race.

Quite amazing how "quickly" the very recent dominating days of Marquez, Rossi, Lorenzo, Dovizioso have been replaced with "new" faces.

Re: MotoGP JEREZ

Re: MotoGP JEREZ

Allred wrote
Quite amazing how "quickly" the very recent dominating days of Marquez, Rossi, Lorenzo, Dovizioso have been replaced with "new" faces.
It's really great for the sport, but I do wish Rossi would perk up his aging spirit and try harder to not suck so badly. New faces are keeping this sport relevant, but we need to see our heroes go out in style. (Well, ok, I need to see Rossi go out in style.)

About the race: Miller was magnificent (arm pump surgery clearly worked); Quart needs that surgery quickly; Marc impressed on the comeback but what the hell is wrong with his brother? Binder did what he did last year that made me drop him from my league lineup. Top Gun's inconsistency is wrecking his career. Rins's consistency (for crashing) is wrecking his career. What else? Oh - Morbo does extremely well on a 2-year old M1 and Rossi craps the bed on a spanking-new 2021 M1. If you'd told Rossi 10 years ago that would be his story one day he wouldn't have believed you.
There was a fortune teller once, years ago, out back in the alley behind the 'Route Bar' restaurant in Tavullia.
Leaning against the stone wall of the building. Palms on the ground, fingertips feeling the rough pavement, waiting, patiently and blind in the dark, for that moment to tell the new world champion that he - young Rossi - was going to enjoy astounding success, for many years. Decades, even.

For the blind teller had a vision that transcended his sightless eyes, and he had been compelled to make this journey to transmit the knowledge of the coming laurels of fame that would make Rossi the "Greatest Of All Time." And it would be a time and a career that would last longer than any racer who had come before him, almost, seemingly a full-ride ticket to everlasting, ever-racing, immortality.

But a time would come, as softly as the change in the tide, when the thread of his success that had woven a tapestry of legend would slip from his grasp. At first, the eyes of blame would fall on the machines, or the team, or the tires. His miracle body and miracle mind (a human body that was forged sizzling by the Racing Gods from the sinew and spirit of an ancient Gilera Four) would not be questioned. Yet the tides would begin running, and as his body aged, his results would slip, and people would whisper, saying he had stayed too long in the game. And people would say he had failed the sport and failed his legend and failed his fans, but that it was Rossi's duty to soldier on, and race on in the spirit of joy for the sport as a beacon in a future dark time.

A beacon that would light a hopelessness. And also a beacon that would cast its light wide and give everyone the time to see that there was a new world of new riders. Yes - he would stay too long, but as the bright flames of his long career began to dwindle to embers, we would see that the heat of his time had sparked the fires of talent all around the paddock and the world. And he would never leave our hearts.

And then young Rossi stepped out into the darkness, behind the bar, to meet the teller, and his future.

Re: MotoGP JEREZ

Re: MotoGP JEREZ

oldironnow
I bet Grazziano was exactly the right kind of bad dad.
Mad4TheCrest wrote
The Tale Of The Teller Who Foretold gets it exactly right, OldIron, except for not explaining why young Rossi was in the Route Bar at that age. Or, what was he doing in the alley out back of the Route Bar hanging with fortune tellers? Was Grazziano a bad dad? (Great genes though)
I bet Grazziano was exactly the right kind of bad dad.

And I bet Rossi has always done exactly what he wanted to do in little Tavullia.

Always keep an open eye out for your fortune teller. They come in many forms.

Re: MotoGP JEREZ

Ahh,, the fortune teller. If only.

Good story line Mr. Iron.