MotoGP LE MANS

Allred
I know it's a little early to start thinking about Le Mans, it is still 11 days away, but I couldn't help but think that Rossi always excels at Le Mans, and that maybe, just maybe we may see "the old Rossi" there this year.

But then I checked the results over the last several years, Rossi hasn't won there since 2008, 13 years ago.

He's podiumed 8 times in the last 12 years,  1 first, 5 seconds and 2 third podium positions, but Lorenzo has the best history with 5 wins in 6 years (albeit over 5 years ago) and Marquez has 2 wins and 2 seconds, and Dovi figures pretty well with 4 podiums.

So maybe my hopes for us seeing a resurgence from Rossi on the 16th are not as high as I thought they would be.

Re: MotoGP LE MANS

motogrady

He's trying, or so he says.

I saw it mentioned feelings around his team are a bit low.
He's got a lot going on.  Says he's still working during the week at his ranch with team 46.
He's s full time rider in the middle of a season.
He's got that smoking hot girlfriend.......

Anyway I think Quart and another guy did the Miller thing and got their arms sliced first thing Monday.
Seems it's in Vogue this year.

Coolest quote so far this week........Binder, whose been having a rough time as far as finishes this season, has a good day testing Monday.  "I don't know what they did, but it's working great!"

Re: MotoGP LE MANS

Allred

Yer think it might rain at Le Mans?????

Re: MotoGP LE MANS

oldironnow
I wonder if the wets will let KTM and Rossi run better.

Re: MotoGP LE MANS

I wonder if the wets will let KTM and Rossi run better.
I hope the wet makes Rossi run better, he is deep in debt to me right now and good finish position in the wet would go a long way to begin paying off the balance!

Miller is good in the wet, so may be good for Motogrady, FatFat and Whatarush.

You and I need Pol to hurry up and learn how to ride that Factory Honda!

The race is at 5:00am PT, but doesn't air on my Dish channel until 10 hours later at 3:00pm (there's some really important soccer reruns on at 5:00am!!!!)

Re: MotoGP LE MANS

motogrady

 (there's some really important soccer reruns on at 5:00am!!!!)

Lol!

Re: MotoGP LE MANS

Reruns of soccer?!!
Who the hell watches that?

Re: MotoGP LE MANS

Reruns of soccer?!!Who the hell watches that?

Tell me about it!

Maybe it's the same people who watch Women's Ice Curling!!!!!!!!!

Although, thinking about it, women's curling is probably a lot more exciting than men's soccer!!!!!

Re: MotoGP LE MANS

oldironnow
:)

I really like curling.

Re: MotoGP LE MANS

Allred
Seems the rain was intermittent enough for some riders to get some laps in on slicks.

So far Zarco is looking good on his home turf.

Pol is also looking good for a change, and even Valentino is currently in the top ten.

Let's see what Saturday brings..............

Re: MotoGP LE MANS

oldironnow
I caught the last 30 minutes of FP2.

It was a cold-weather festival of fairing destruction.

Bin. Bin. Bin. Bin. Bin.

Re: MotoGP LE MANS

:)

I really like curling.
Ditto that. They have a curling club in St. Louis. The wife and I have considered joining.
Throw some spiked tire cycles in with it and you would really have something there.

Re: MotoGP LE MANS

MERDA!!

Re: MotoGP LE MANS

Allred

So the inclement weather has produced a mixed bag grid for Le Mans.

Frenchman Quartararo leads the pack, and his fellow countryman not far behind him in 5th place on the grid.

Tomorrow's forecast is for continued rain showers so Miller is a strong contender sitting 3rd on the grid.

I'm unsure how cautious Marquez will be in the wet, but he is right up there with a strong 6th grid position.

Can we see a Valentino Rossi of old tomorrow in the wet?.......if so starting from the third row he could be a podium challenger.

I have my fingers crossed for Pol.

Bagnaia will have to try hard from 16th.

Re: MotoGP LE MANS

motogrady

Hummmmmmm.........2 in the top 3, 3 in the top 10.  Yeah baby.

Re: MotoGP LE MANS

Allred wrote

Can we see a Valentino Rossi of old

.
I think we are seeing the Rossi of old.
In 2016 at Jerez Rossi, who came in first, averaged 288 kph in the race. In 2021 he averaged 290.3 so he did improve some but other younger riders are averaging 295-300. Zarco, who won, did 300.8.
I don't think Rossi has gotten slower. It's the other riders have gotten faster and he can't seem to catch up.

I wonder if it's the tires that are holding him back. He can't seem to be do late deep hard braking that he did on the Bridgestones or is it just age holding him back.
It sure does suck getting old.

Re: MotoGP LE MANS

I think we are seeing the Rossi of old.
In 2016 at Jerez Rossi, who came in first, averaged 288 kph in the race. In 2021 he averaged 290.3 so he did improve some but other younger riders are averaging 295-300. Zarco, who won, did 300.8.
I don't think Rossi has gotten slower. It's the other riders have gotten faster and he can't seem to catch up.

I wonder if it's the tires that are holding him back. He can't seem to be do late deep hard braking that he did on the Bridgestones or is it just age holding him back.
It sure does suck getting old.
Those are some very interesting facts, while I thought the younger riders were getting faster, I assumed Rossi was getting slower! But apparently not, Rossi is getting faster, but the young blood is getting even faster..........faster!

Re: MotoGP LE MANS

Re: MotoGP LE MANS

motogrady

Hey, it's a big world out there.......