MotoGP QATAR TWO (Tissot)

Allred
Just getting a thread ready for practice/qualifying tomorrow.

Re: MotoGP QATAR TWO (Tissot)

Allred
The Ducatis are looking good in P2, 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 5th.......... but can they last a full race?

Neither Mir, Rossi nor Pol made it into the top ten.

It's early, lets see what Saturday brings.

Re: MotoGP QATAR TWO (Tissot)

Time for Miller to settle down and deliver, Quart to say a prayer to the God of Everlasting Valves, and Oliveria to just ride that tangerine like he was runnin from the cops.

Re: MotoGP QATAR TWO (Tissot)

Time for Miller to settle down and deliver,
 Yes, Miller needs to make the race his. Take advantage of the minus 93 track.
And Franko needs no more engine issues. He's on engine #3 already.

Re: MotoGP QATAR TWO (Tissot)

Re: MotoGP QATAR TWO (Tissot)

So windy conditions slowed down times in FP3 and Mir, Rossi and Pol didn't make the top ten and ended up in Q1.

Mir managed to scrape his way into Q2, but Rossi and Pol will end up way down the grid on Race Day.

Re: MotoGP QATAR TWO (Tissot)

Allred

Looking good for Motogrady with Miller and Quartararo, and Mad4 has Bagnaia joining them making up Row 2.

No one has any of the front row riders!

Rossi starting from 21st!!!!!!!

Re: MotoGP QATAR TWO (Tissot)

Wow, Q2 was exciting. If you can watch it, do.
That was exciting!! The last few seconds was fantastic.
Seeing Martin being cheered by even competing teams was excellent.
Interesting in Martins interview he said it’s not his day to win and he his hoping for 6th seems odd. Realistic or just humble??

Here’s a like for Q1 and Q2 for those without the feed.

https://youtu.be/D96DW6ulvnY

Miller was pissed!

Rossi?? 21st? Really?

Re: MotoGP QATAR TWO (Tissot)

Allred
Wow! What a race!

Amazing performance by Martin!...........and Rins, and Zarco, and Quartararo, and Vinales, and Bagnaia, and Mir, and Miller, and.........

The top speed of the Ducatis is just phenomenal.

I guess P. Espargaro hasn't got the measure of the Honda yet.

And at over 14 seconds behind Quartararo, I guess Rossi hasn't got the Petronas Yamaha dialed yet either.

Re: MotoGP QATAR TWO (Tissot)

Re: MotoGP QATAR TWO (Tissot)

It was an interesting race. Can't figure out what has gone so very wrong with the Doctor, though 😳

Bad news for the Americans in Moto2, both crashed out of a tough race, with Robert's crashing out while in battle for a top 6.
Ya bummer for the Moto2 guys.  Imo Roberts really messed up not taking that Aprilia ride in the big class.   I mean, he's saying he thinks he needs to learn how to win before moving up.

What if he never wins?

Re: MotoGP QATAR TWO (Tissot)

whatarush
That was some awesome racing this weekend. Moto3 was great as always, start from pit and still WIN!!! That was amazing!!! MotoGP was a close one, 8.928 seconds was the margin from 1st to 15th.

Looks like Miller is having arm pump surgery before the next round

Re: MotoGP QATAR TWO (Tissot)

motogrady
whatarush wrote
That was some awesome racing this weekend. Moto3 was great as always, start from pit and still WIN!!! That was amazing!!! MotoGP was a close one, 8.928 seconds was the margin from 1st to 15th.

Looks like Miller is having arm pump surgery before the next round
Miller goin under the knife?

Re: MotoGP QATAR TWO (Tissot)

motogrady
Motocross guys sometimes suffer and have this done.

Basically they cut down to a kind of grissel type membrane that wraps around all the muscles in the forearm. Then they slice that membrane.  It gives room for the muscles to expand when really being worked, and swelled up, from the high volume of blood that gets thrown in there.

I think Crutchlow had it done.

Re: MotoGP QATAR TWO (Tissot)

Allred wrote
Wow! What a race!

Amazing performance by Martin!...........

The top speed of the Ducatis is just phenomenal.
Yes!!! Great race. The Ducati’s looked great from the chopper shots on the straight. The way they slipstream and then pass another rider that looks as if they were chained to the wall makes me smile. I bet it pisses the Yamahas off something fierce.  If the Ducati’s could corner speed they would own Motogp.

Speaking of,, having the satellite ducs on the podium can’t make the factory guys pleased. I had high hopes for Miller but his tie ins with Mir may have caused him some time.
I’m surprised there wasn’t a penalty for the side swiping.

Martin was fabulous. Before the race he said it wasn’t his day to when but it sure looked like he was gonna do it.
I’m glad he was able to get a podium.

Quartararo was a surprise. He did it right. Got in front of the ducs after turn one so he could gain some space in the turns.

Zarco,, another surprise. Last year I was considering him a flash in the pan. Looks like there is still some fire left l.

Rossi ,,,, that’s all I got to say about that.

Finished Moto2 tonight. Not good for our American boys. Roberts was looking at a sixth, at least, before he threw it down the track. He started in 7, got back a few places and then fought his way back up to sixth. He sounded very upset in his interview.

Sam Lowes had a nice finish with Gardener chasing his tail. I think o heard them say that this is the first time sine 79 that a Brit one the first two races. I hope to see him on the podium more this year.

Some really great racing throughout.

Re: MotoGP QATAR TWO (Tissot)

Motocross guys sometimes suffer and have this done.

Basically they cut down to a kind of grissel type membrane that wraps around all the muscles in the forearm. Then they slice that membrane.  It gives room for the muscles to expand when really being worked, and swelled up, from the high volume of blood that gets thrown in there.

I think Crutchlow had it done.

Interesting,,, thanks for explaining that. I’ve wondered what that surgery actually did.
I wonder if it is the hard braking that causes the issue?

Re: MotoGP QATAR TWO (Tissot)

oldironnow
Redundant to add - such a good race.

Wish I picked Zarco instead of Morbidelli, but, conversely, I feel Pol has had little time with the Honda and that he'll come good. Last year Alex Marquez got strong after he came to grips with the Honda. Here's to hoping Pol figures it out sooner.

Re: MotoGP QATAR TWO (Tissot)

Redundant to add - such a good race.

Wish I picked Zarco instead of Morbidelli, but, conversely, I feel Pol has had little time with the Honda and that he'll come good. Last year Alex Marquez got strong after he came to grips with the Honda. Here's to hoping Pol figures it out sooner.
It's early in the season.
Remember last year, Quartarano was unbeatable the first few rounds, and then just collapsed.
Pol just might figure it out.  Zarco might clip a competitor, get yelled at, and become a mid pack guy.
Like last year.

I dunno.

There are 2 things coming up, that, as the owner of team mg, I'm thinking about.
Only one of which I can maybe control at this point.
First, if Miller goes under the knife, and doesn't show for round 3, who is the best pick to take his place?
That I have a say in.

The other thing, is Marc Marquez.
Is he in, or is he ain't, kicking ass, or no he can't?

Re: MotoGP QATAR TWO (Tissot)

Motocross guys sometimes suffer and have this done.

Basically they cut down to a kind of grissel type membrane that wraps around all the muscles in the forearm. Then they slice that membrane.  It gives room for the muscles to expand when really being worked, and swelled up, from the high volume of blood that gets thrown in there.

I think Crutchlow had it done.

Interesting,,, thanks for explaining that. I’ve wondered what that surgery actually did.
I wonder if it is the hard braking that causes the issue?
It's a big thing in Motocross.
Many believe it boils down to nerves.  Some guys, they get all wound up and hold on with a death grip, never relaxing the muscles in the forearms at all, like others might do, in the big sweepers or straights.
It's not unheard of to see a guy like that have issues with fatigue from not breathing enough, they hold their breath, all tensed up in the moment, and are their worst enemy.  Those guys need to learn to relax a bit more in the heat of battle.  The operation, for that guy, might not help a lot.

The other kind of guy, ya, the guy that has increased the size of his forearm muscles from working out,
or riding hard a lot, has that wrapping of ligament tissue that doesn't expand enough, ya, the operation might really help. They just slit that membrane like it was a tight set of nylons on a fat girl, making room to let the blood flow, and don't sew it back up.

There's an exercise that's really good for the forearms, you wanna experience arm pump, try this.
Take a broomstick. Cut it 30 inches long.  Drill a small hole in the center, run a piece thin rope, a cord, maybe 36 inches of it, thru the hole. Tie a light weight to the other end of the rope,a pound or 2 is plenty.

Stand up, hold the thing straight out in front of you, like it was a set of handlebars, with the weight hanging down by your feet.  Roll the broomstick, wrapping the cord around it, until the weight comes all the way up.  Then, roll it the other way till the weight is back down by your feet.

Do that 2 or 3 times in a row, and one will experience arm pump first hand.

Re: MotoGP QATAR TWO (Tissot)

whatarush wrote
That was some awesome racing this weekend. Moto3 was great as always, start from pit and still WIN!!!
Just watched this. Phenomenal!!