Motogp coming to Amazon Prime

Motorsport.com is reporting that a documentary on Motogp will be coming to Amazon Prime Video.
The documentary will be similar to the F1 Drive To Survive series that is on Netflix.
Hopefully this will bring more interest to the sport like Drive to Survive did for F1.

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/amazon-prime-drive-to-survive/5934434/amp/

Re: Motogp coming to Amazon Prime

motogrady

That's pretty cool.  I think we have Amazon Prime.  I'm not sure.  That's Donnas thing. She's been after me for quite awhile to install these stick things in our TVs.   Prime sticks I think she called them.

Ya, I'll take care of that this week, for the good of the household.đź‘Ť

Re: Motogp coming to Amazon Prime

What a swell fella you are.

Re: Motogp coming to Amazon Prime

Motorsport.com is reporting that a documentary on Motogp will be coming to Amazon Prime Video.
The documentary will be similar to the F1 Drive To Survive series that is on Netflix.
Hopefully this will bring more interest to the sport like Drive to Survive did for F1.

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/amazon-prime-drive-to-survive/5934434/amp/
Like this ^

Not an amazon fan, but your take that it may boost our sport is likely true.

A week or so ago when I was back in town, I was loitering outside the office of a 4X4 repair shop (Tacoma issues) and when the guy ahead of me walked out, he pointedly stopped and engaged me in a solid conversation about my Laguna Seca ball cap and how it related to his new-found, and near boiling over, enthusiasm for motorsport. He was stoked to learn that a world-class track was just down the road after living in the area for a long time. It was a good moment to tell him about all the years MotoGP and WSBK have raced there, how MotoAm is still there, how he should go for the Indy race, and most definitely take his car to a trackday.

I checked out that Survive show based on his fascination, and I could see why it's captivating.

Re: Motogp coming to Amazon Prime

whatarush
oldironnow wrote

A week or so ago when I was back in town, I was loitering outside the office of a 4X4 repair shop (Tacoma issues)
What year Tacoma do you have?
We have a 15 DCLB, that we bought in May 2019. So far I've done the anytime front & rear camera, added a rearview mirror with compass/temp, and installed a 3rd gen windshield w/acoustic interlayer & camera mount.

IMG-3674

Re: Motogp coming to Amazon Prime

Not an amazon fan
Me neither. Wife got it for the video thing, that we hardly watch. I try to avoid it and shop at real stores that hire real People but it’s getting harder and harder to do that as it seems these stores are disappearing.

I was in a farm and home place a couple days ago. Guy in front of me had a toilet repair set in his hands and told the guy behind the counter that all he needed was the red thing in the package (flapper valve).
Counter boy says “we can’t take the red thing out of the package. You might try Amazon.”
I would of liked to have mr. farm and home hear that reply and seen the steam shoot out his ears.

Unfortunately with the lack of able body’s I don’t see a bright future for brick and mortar stores which is bothersome to me. These are good places for young folks to get some skills for their future.
Plus Amazon doesn’t put many windows in their warehouses and that effects my bike money.

[...]

Agree with ALL of that ^

I'm paying more for local, all the time. Things and food.
If it's in a national or regional chain, I steer away and head towards the local individual or the micro chain.
I don't see how this ends well.
And those humans need windows.

Re: Motogp coming to Amazon Prime

whatarush wrote
oldironnow wrote

A week or so ago when I was back in town, I was loitering outside the office of a 4X4 repair shop (Tacoma issues)
What year Tacoma do you have?
Nice! ^ What part of Cal is that? Fog in the valley. Golden gravels. Swoopy mountain road. Several reservoirs in the distance... Tehachapis?

2002.

Former Sconnie truck I liberated from my son.
I got it to California, and the oil pan rusted out at the seam. It's at least a Grand to replace it, having to disassemble the entire front drive system, or pull the engine up a lot. I've been hedging on it since last May. Almost pulled the trigger after that meeting, but held off since I didn't want it languishing in their tiny lot in case i didn't return for weeks.

I could upgrade my air and get the tools, but the weight of that driveline stuff is likely beyond my ability to manage.

Re: Motogp coming to Amazon Prime

whatarush
oldironnow wrote

Nice! ^ What part of Cal is that? Fog in the valley. Golden gravels. Swoopy mountain road. Several reservoirs in the distance... Tehachapis?
That pic is from Pikes Peak.

That sucks...when we bought the Tacoma we wanted a 1st gen Tacoma, but we could not find one with low mileage. Most was 200K or more

Re: Motogp coming to Amazon Prime

oldironnow
This one is right at 200K.

The frame is rusty but okay.

Intact, even after I spun the rig on ice at 75 in Montana, November, 2018.

Some full-throttle/full-lock personal-level heroic driving let me gather it up and miss all the roadside furniture.

(Changing a tire punctured by a bit of snowplow blade in North Dakota, about 24 hours before the stress test.)

That is one thing that is disappointing about the Tacoma. Mine also has rust spots on the frame. There is a recall on the frame that is good till 2026. Apparently all three gens have the problem.
I talked to my service guy at the dealer about it. He said once they look at the frame per the recall and it passes the recall is closed. If the frames has a rust hole that your thumb will fit in, then the frame will be replaced. So I'll just keep a eye on it.

Re: Motogp coming to Amazon Prime

oldironnow
Thanks for that tip on the one-time-look.

Re: Motogp coming to Amazon Prime

One of my employees missed the recall on his Yota. At 200k+miles the frame was toast. It went to the crusher.
He bought another new Yota truck.
I hope for his sake that Toyota has the frame issue fixed.

Older Jeep’s have the same issue. My 96 Wrangler has had its frame welded up with new plates. They make kits for this repair.