Movie of the week.

Re: Movie of the week.

Saw the movie One Week awhile back on Netflix. Unfortunately YouTube only has a trailer or buy or rent.

https://youtu.be/SL-PbsZKGfw
Ya, I hit that wall also.
Been thinking how/if we could get around it.
“The Motorcycle Diaries”.  True story about Che Chavara
riding across South America on a motorcycle before he got mixed up with Castro. You gotta buy or rent it. 😟

Re: Movie of the week.

Re: Movie of the week.

They would have to pay me to watch that.
I think it was Castro that got mixed up with Che .
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: Movie of the week.

Thanks for the link!
This will be watched.

Just listening to the high rpm long-stroke sound in the intro makes it get on the list of need-to-watch.

Re: Movie of the week.

Thanks Grado

Re: Movie of the week.

motogrady

m143 wrote
Thanks Grado
No problem Walt.
I'd like to find some kind of ADV movie, besides Easy Rider.

I know one thing, there's a ton of Biker stuff out there.

Re: Movie of the week.

Still a gleam.
Excellent find Grady.

Led me to racing in the 70’s

https://youtu.be/kPLjZut0ero

Re: Movie of the week.

Still a gleam.
Excellent find Grady.

Led me to racing in the 70’s

https://youtu.be/kPLjZut0ero
Geez....that Daytona was a great one.   Thx Fat2!

Re: Movie of the week.

motogrady

And now my friends, this weeks selection.
Alaska to South America, by a guy from the Ukraine.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud18v-5vrSw

Re: Movie of the week.

Re: Movie of the week.

And now my friends, this weeks selection.
Alaska to South America, by a guy from the Ukraine.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud18v-5vrSw

"No more spare underwear left."
Tragedy.

Re: Movie of the week.

And now my friends, this weeks selection.
Alaska to South America, by a guy from the Ukraine.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud18v-5vrSw

"No more spare underwear left."
Tragedy.
Lol….yeah I know.
I looked that guy up, him being from the Ukraine.
He has a website.
Seems to be more of a film/art guy.
How he got the idea to do that trip on a bike is beyond me.

The last things he put up on his site were about the Russians invading, disbelief, wondering why, the stupidity of it all.

He lives in Kiev.  Who knows what’s up there on that.

Re: Movie of the week.

How the Ozzies do it with KZ's

Re: Movie of the week.

hacksaw
no more. the club situation got so out of hand that anyone on a harley gets hassled by police.
arabs moved in and took over the drug trade with certain MC clubs.
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: Movie of the week.

okay guys....mucho artsey fartsey......from another era......like a lot of the older ones, this one is hard to watch at times.

Hooked by a few short clips, in a vid we all have seen many a time, it wasn't easy tracking this one down.  And like a lot of the old greats, the full movie is not possible to put up here. At this time anyway.

So, the 3 segments offered up tonight, hopefully gives us a glimpse to what was cutting edge, a space in time, in a very turbulent era.  1967.

The clip, really takes a backseat to the late/great Burnside song, "it's bad you know".
But, the visuals are, put mildly, pretty good also.
And sneaking in there, is, The Girl on a Motorcycle.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZncehIh_Kw

Maryanne Faithful, Mick Jaggers girlfriend at the time, has the lead role.  She rides a Norton, likes taking LSD, and riding thru the countryside, all the while thinking about screwing her boyfriend.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hyIykynnCCc

Which she handles pretty well, till she gets that Harley....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DYKrIhJJ-yg&list=PL8LmrKifhwKsaTnBv0vvnWAte4gXbYSSe&index=15

Re: Movie of the week.

Re: Movie of the week.

motogrady

How about we switch it up a bit guys.

Bennets War.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o6TiCbQr8dw

Re: Movie of the week.

I’ve not seen Bennett’s War before until now. Good flick.

Re: Movie of the week.

I’ve not seen Bennett’s War before until now. Good flick.
Ya my neighbor told me about it.

Never give up!

Re: Movie of the week.