My first Real Brit bike.

I have a rule that I wasn’t going to buy another bike until I paid the house off.
Well,,, I’ve never been good at rules.

You guys may recognize this machine. It currently resides in Hacksaws Garage.
We watched his build on the Cycle World forum. I have always admired it and I have always desired to own a Beezer chop.

I was scrolling through Facebook and this bike showed up in Hacksaws Garage page. I mentioned that if he were to ever need to part with it I would be interested.
After a few private messages I was sending him some earnest money with a commitment  that I would bring some cash and pick it up before the snow flies.

Friday morning my dad and I are making a blast to Connecticut to pick it up.
It will be a quick drive up, load up and boot scoot it home. We will tag team the steering wheel.

I’m really looking forward to it.

Re: My first Real Brit bike.

m143
All right.

You’ll have fun on that old girl.

Have a good trip and Congrats on the new bike.

Re: My first Real Brit bike.

Allred
A50 or A65?

Re: My first Real Brit bike.

motogrady

Was thinking the same thing.  A 500 or a 650?
I could never get that BSA/Triumph stuff straight.
Single carb, I think it came out of a Thunderrod or Thunderbolt, whatever they called em.

One thing is for sure, one of the best looking, heck, almost Art Deco, motors ever.

Congrats fatfat, a great piece for sure👍

Re: My first Real Brit bike.

Allred wrote
A50 or A65?
A65.
 1967 Lightning frame, modified. 1965 Thunder Rocket motor.

Re: My first Real Brit bike.

m143 wrote
Have a good trip and Congrats on the new bike.

motogrady wrote
Congrats fatfat, a great piece for sure👍

Thanks fella's. I'm stoked

Re: My first Real Brit bike.

She’s home.

Re: My first Real Brit bike.

She’s home.

Re: My first Real Brit bike.

That bike does look good there.

Re: My first Real Brit bike.

That bike does look good there.
Thought the same thing.

I missed this thread. Congrats, FFB!

Re: My first Real Brit bike.

Thanks guys.
It was a fun trip. I was glad I got to spend this time on the road with my pop.

We left at 3:00 A.M. Friday.  Got to Hacksaws place around 9:30 pm.
We chatted for a bit, loaded the bike up and headed for home. Got home around 4:00 pm on Saturday.
Best 37 hours a guy could ask for.
I do wish I could of spent a little time with Kieth but I had to make sure I got back for dialysis.

We didn’t want to disturb his neighbors so I had to wait to get home to hear it run.

Sounds like a beast.

https://youtu.be/dJS7zRiQSCI

Re: My first Real Brit bike.

motogrady

Cool vid, cool bike f2.

The definition of, I don't wanna say outlaw, but something like it.

Re: My first Real Brit bike.

Me and Pop at Keith’s place.

Re: My first Real Brit bike.

Me and Pop at Keith’s place.

Print that one on a glossy piece of paper, and frame it, great pic👍

Re: My first Real Brit bike.

Plan on it.
I already have this one of my brother on the right, me on the left in front of Pops 67 Lightning.

Re: My first Real Brit bike.

We didn’t want to disturb his neighbors so I had to wait to get home to hear it run.
FatFat, that sounds absolutely awesome, just as it should!

Re: My first Real Brit bike.

monkeyshines
man, I didn't think Keith would ever let that one go. cool dad story.

Re: My first Real Brit bike.

monkeyshines wrote
man, I didn't think Keith would ever let that one go. cool dad story.
 I didn't either. I was surprised, as was he when I told him it was mine and I was coming to get it.
I saw a photo of on his Hacksaw Garage FB page and commented that if he was ever to part with it I would be interested. I've admired that bike since he shared his vuild on CW forum.

 I have been not aggressively looking for a BSA chop. Most I've found were barn find junk in very rough shape or were restored garage queens that didn't deserve the sawzall,
This bike is the perfect chop, Not stretched out with corner ability.
He did a fantastic job fabbing this one up.
I'm glad it is in my garage.

Re: My first Real Brit bike.

hacksaw
it was time to let it go. i still have a few more to sell. but i have another bsa to build, and a couple other bikes that need attention. i just dont put the time in i used to. plus i do want a R65 at some point so i am thining the herd.

a big part of my moto life has always been the stories and the people.
kirk reminded me i hadnt seen him in ten years. wow.  and  it was great to meet his dad. i am honored the bike is in kirks custody.

kirk- i will be working on digging up the picture history of the build. it will get to you, eventually. lol.
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.