Postponed events

Re: Postponed events

Allred
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEcn7XPUG9Q

I watched this fairly lengthy youtube video of Rossi (complete with mustache and beard) commenting on the possibilities for the 2020 season, and it was very obvious that he "needed" the continued race experience in order not to lose it, and at that level of racing I can well understand that they all need to maintain a continued experience in order to be at the level they are at.  So if to do this they have to race without spectators that is fine, much better than no racing at all, and a stepping stone to a recovery from the current virus conditions. Hopefully the true race conditions of racers, spectators and media will return soon.

Re: Postponed events

motogrady
Using this years Supercross as a baseline, it seems a few riders miss the "gladiator entering the arena" feeling.

Others say they don't notice the difference.

Myself, TV wise, after the first round, don't notice the empty seats.

What one did notice, was the riders were kind of out of shape, big time, the first event 2 weeks ago.

Yes, the location they are using to finish out the season is 4000 feet above sea level. But even Tomac,
the points leader, who lives and trains at 6000 feet above sea level, was huffin and puffin at the interview after the first event.  Which is rare for him.  Also, some have remarked they all looked, racecraft wise, a bit off the first 2 rounds. Now, 4 rounds in, after resuming their season, racing every 3 days, most every rider seems in good shape, and racing razor sharpe.

One thing is for sure, most on all sides, riders, spectators, industry types, are feeling it's great to be back.

Re: Postponed events

Allred wrote
Fatfatboy wrote
Damn, Oldiron. That was pure poetry. I don’t know where you pull this spectacular thoughts from but it must be a wonderful place.

Yeah, made me feel guilty for saying I didn't think it was racing without the spectators!  I hide in shame!

ah, don't feel bad guy.  I was yelling for them to just call this years Supercross season after the corona thing stopped it, hand out the Trophies and be done with it lol.
123