Project Venture

Smoke-dog
This post was updated on .
Figured i could start a thread so heeeeere we go...

This is my 1990 Yamaha Venture i picked up a bout two months ago. Figure if i couldn't find a V-max maybe i could find the next best thing and make a street beast out of it. Also at the sale price of $300 i couldn't say no LOL!!!

Removal of all luggage and fairing were first on the list...

Next i took her down to the laboratory for a front end swap...

Next was removing the subframe in order to remove the fuel tank...

I wanted to see what a sportbike subframe and tail would look like but didn't like the lines...

Next i started modifying the subframe...

Mocked up the new headlight...

Next i continued to shave the seat foam then remove the battery and air box to make room for the new fuel tank...

Re: Project Venture

grado
Administrator
300. You find the deal for sure.

What’s the laboratory?

Re: Project Venture

oldironnow
Yes! Smoke-dog!
What a great idea!

The first pic with the new front-end on is just fantastic. I LOVE it.

I like what you're doing with the foam shape.

My thought was the pointy tail was too modern; try a '90s-era Yamaha race tail. Something blocky and stepped.

Re: Project Venture

grado
Administrator
Is that thing gonna be a fire breathing monster or what?😁

Re: Project Venture

I like monster motorcycles. That drop frame look is killer. Slap a leather covered 2 x 10 on her and ride!

Looking forward to the end result.

Re: Project Venture

grado
Administrator
Ditto that FF.

Smoke might be on to something.
I kinda watch Craigslist and a few places like eBay.
The older big touring bikes, Goldwings, Vulcans, V Stars,
whatever they’re called, you do see them go pretty inexpensive sometimes.

300, like that one of smokes, that was a steal.

Done right, like what Smoke has going on, finished to a younger guy looking to be hip, is a 3,000 to 4,000 dollar ride.

Make a little, save them from the scrap man,
creating, nothing wrong with that.

Kinda nobel really

Re: Project Venture

Smoke-dog
Thanks guys, i've always wanted to get one of the earlier touring bikes and turn it into a muscle/monster bike. The goldwing, venture or cavalcade were all big bikes but had BIG motors but no appealing way to strip them down to repurpose. But now with all the advancements in motorcycling hardware and crazy aftermarket you can pretty much make whatever you want as long as you're mechanically inclined and have an imagination. I've done quite a few cafe, bobber and streetfighters for people so here is the big test, if i can pull this off it could start a whole new scene/genre and bring new life to these dinosaurs!!!

And yes they are a dime a dozen down here for less than nothing sitting outside or in some shed forgotten about. Im sure some of you have seen the superchargers you can get for these type of bikes but to do that you have to strengthen up the internals, i've seen some using holley and edelbrock carbs too!!!

Re: Project Venture

Kawtippin
Smoke, that thing looks killer already!
Can't wait to see it all "Smoked out"!