Serious Dirt from Italy?

Re: Serious Dirt from Italy?

motogrady

15k for a dirt bike.
Gonna be interesting.

Re: Serious Dirt from Italy?

oldironnow
They’ll sell every single one.

Limited production numbers, with jewel-like quality, and that high price to catch the eye of the ‘top-shelf’ folks… that’s Ducati’s path to survival.

No one can compete on volume.

Re: Serious Dirt from Italy?

motogrady
Ya, yer probably right.  ^

Re: Serious Dirt from Italy?

They’ll sell every single one.

Limited production numbers, with jewel-like quality, and that high price to catch the eye of the ‘top-shelf’ folks… that’s Ducati’s path to survival.

No one can compete on volume.

That actually makes sense and it gives Italians another place to stand proud.

With motocross being such a big hit it's a shame there is not an American company doing the same,, ahem Harley, are you listening.

Re: Serious Dirt from Italy?

They’ll sell every single one.

Limited production numbers, with jewel-like quality, and that high price to catch the eye of the ‘top-shelf’ folks… that’s Ducati’s path to survival.

No one can compete on volume.

That actually makes sense and it gives Italians another place to stand proud.

With motocross being such a big hit it's a shame there is not an American company doing the same,, ahem Harley, are you listening.

Seriously. ^

I hope HD gets to place where their customer base will be of a quality that will except exploration of different modes/styles/types of transport.

Re: Serious Dirt from Italy?

oldironnow
I further hope that the Impala/Zeitz Rewire plan will turn out to be more of a tightened-up version of Levatich's More Roads plan.

(It's getting hard to find mention of it - https://www.motorcycle.com/features/from-more-roads-to-rewire-where-does-harley-davidson-go-from-here.html )

There were e-bikes in the More Roads plan, and with the massive proliferation of Super73 (and their ilk) on the roads/streets/sidewalks/side-of-the-highways(!), I think HD missed a solid youth-market-grab point.

They could've done the old Sportster program where they'll buy it back full-price on trade for a new motorcycle HD.

On the other hand, HD could've lost out on it, subsumed under a wave of cheapness competition, never getting their toe-hold.

Then again, a large number of the old people I know are buying e-bikes!
They could've worked both ends of the demographic.

Re: Serious Dirt from Italy?

Seriously. ^

I hope HD gets to place where their customer base will be of a quality that will except exploration of different modes/styles/types of transport.

.

There's the Pan Am getting seriously dirty.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/O8tk1VG8qB8?si=7gq2rgm2tGkf-tNt" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Re: Serious Dirt from Italy?

I was wore out just watching this guy on his Pan-Am

Re: Serious Dirt from Italy?

I... I... don't know what to say....

I respect it, and I'm appalled.

What a headlong work out.
What a seriously intentional maximal use of a machine in its design envelope...  without regard to the mechanical consequences.

I guess it's akin to buying a superbike and throwing it into a serious race season; it will get used up.

Re: Serious Dirt from Italy?

And “youth” have money for 15k dirt bikes ?
I would not trust Ducati to have parts for these things either.

Re: Serious Dirt from Italy?

Do you think youth is who Ducati is aiming for?
I'm thinking it will be the guy in his mid 30's and older that has already done the Jap brands and wanting something different and doesn't want a Chinese made KTM.

Re: Serious Dirt from Italy?

I was wore out just watching this guy on his Pan-Am
me too. That guy is pretty tough.

That would be fun on an old Bultaco.

Re: Serious Dirt from Italy?

oldironnow
m143 wrote
Fatfatboy wrote
I was wore out just watching this guy on his Pan-Am
me too. That guy is pretty tough.

That would be fun on an old Bultaco.
Yes!
Something smaller for fun.

Re: Serious Dirt from Italy?

Do you think youth is who Ducati is aiming for?
I'm thinking it will be the guy in his mid 30's and older that has already done the Jap brands and wanting something different and doesn't want a Chinese made KTM.
No! Not at all! If they are they are losers.
I was replying to what was said earlier in this thread .
I agree with you.

Re: Serious Dirt from Italy?

Wouldn’t be much fun pushing it a half mile out if the woods. I don’t think an old bike is going to
Take that kind of a beating

Re: Serious Dirt from Italy?

m143
hacksaw wrote
Wouldn’t be much fun pushing it a half mile out if the woods. I don’t think an old bike is going to
Take that kind of a beating
This is mis-information.
My old Bultaco's are very capable.
We ride our old bikes and rarely if ever have to push them.
My Alpina's would dance all our that trail.
My Scramler is too 'effin big for that trail, and it's a lot smaller than that PanAm.
I do admire that rider though.

Re: Serious Dirt from Italy?

m143
I saw a picture of the Ducati MXer, it has Beta on it.
That means some serious dirtbike know how is in this machine.

Re: Serious Dirt from Italy?

motogrady
m143 wrote
I saw a picture of the Ducati MXer, it has Beta on it.
That means some serious dirtbike know how is in this machine.
Ya I saw that also.
Apparently there was an official release with pics.
They looked real, real good.

Rumor has them looking to buy an existing Supercross/Motocross team here in the States.

Re: Serious Dirt from Italy?

m143 wrote
I saw a picture of the Ducati MXer, it has Beta on it.
That means some serious dirtbike know how is in this machine.
I don’t understand.
Beta the tools, Beta the motorcycle company, or something else?