The Big C

Re: The Big C

So I got the bill for my surgery....................$277,701.00. (I'll be passing the hat around later!)

Now that's a lot of Suzuki Hayabusas!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I received the best treatment available in the world.......but geez!!!

Fortunately I am a doddering old Medicare patient, so they paid 80% of it, and our (outrageously expensive....and rising) secondary insurance took care of the rest...........otherwise they would have just had to let me die.

It's difficult to be critical of the best medical treatment on the planet but six-figure bills for a day and a half in a hospital are just hard to justify.

Re: The Big C

motogrady

You getting better is great news Allred. Really.  Awesome really.

The bill, a quarter of a million dollars and change, yikes.
Something needs to be done.  Ask 6 guys there will be 6 answers.

I had to kill a raccoon about a year ago.  Was killing some kittens in my firewood pile.
At 10 in the morning.
Wondering what a nocturnal animal was doing out in the daytime I called the health dept.
They tested the raccoon and it came back rabid. I had gotten blood and saliva on my hands, along with scratches on my wrists throwing wood so I could get to him.

3 sets of shots......$27,000.  Medicare paid the 80%, the rest was on me.

Re: The Big C

oldironnow
Oh man, I could provide one of those six opinions, but will content myself to staying away from raccoon warfare until I qualify for Medicare.

Re: The Big C

And to think,, it’s all tax free. Not for profit my ass.
In 1997 my kidney transplant cost $75,000.00.
All covered by Medicare and Medicaid, thank you very much.
While trying to get another one last year I asked what the cost is now. $500,000.00.

Since they won’t give me another kidney it’s dialysis from here on out at a tune of $390,000.00 per year for three days a week treatments.

It’s all out of control but at least I still get a to ride motorcycles. Priceless.

Glad you still riding.

Re: The Big C

Re: The Big C

Yes, dialysis is covered by The Man if a person doesn’t have private insurance.
My insurance company told me that after 30 months of dialysis. The Man takes over 80% and they only have to pay 20%.
At list I get something for paying social security all these years.

Re: The Big C

m143 wrote
This sux.

Glad you still riding.
Yup and yes sir.  I don’t get to ride as much as I used too but my knees are still in the breeze.
I’m thinking I should sell the barcolounger on wheels and get a 75/6 and a 67 Royal Star A50.😀

Re: The Big C

m143
Airhead is a good idea.

You might not like the height and width.

Did you ever ride one?

Re: The Big C

Nope. Not had the chance. There is a place near me that specializes in old Beemers and urals. I’ve done some window shopping but not gone in and talked to him because I’m afraid I’ll do something rash.

I’ve had the desire for an old air head for quite some time and would like to give ownership a try.