The Big C

Allred
Hey guys, I'm gonna have to take a leave of absence from CycleVisor for while.  I got diagnosed with cancer a couple of months back and am heading down to Stanford to go under the knife, hopefully they can get it all.

I guess the good thing is it's during the MotoGP mid-season break so hopefully I won't miss any races! Hope you can band together to keep the "motorcycles & girls" thread active while I'm gone.

Allred.

Re: The Big C

Re: The Big C

Allred
Thanks Mad4, yes an "out of the blue" surprise.

If they can get it all it will be a "cure", but with a substantial recovery time, if they can't........I'll have to make other plans. They should know if it has been contained a couple of weeks from now.

Appreciate your thoughts. We leave  Monday morning.

Allred.

Re: The Big C

motogrady

Good luck Allred!  You're gonna be fine. Keep us posted.  If you know anyone, get a bit of weed to get the appetite back.  Hell, tell the docs you want it.  I hear they get the good stuff.
I'll do my best to keep your thread going, but to be honest, that's big shoes to fill.

Stay positive, take yer phone, keep us in the loop guy!
We'll be thinking/pulling for you.

Again, good luck dude!

Re: The Big C

Allred
Thank you MotoGrady......when I get back I expect to see a post-a-day on the girls&motorcycle thread!!!!

Re: The Big C

oldironnow
You're in my heart and thoughts allred!

Stanford is the way. I'm glad you have access. That's a good set of crew chiefs for your Manx-loving body.

Keep us apprised and do ask for any help needed!

Re: The Big C

Thank you OldIron, I'm definitely pleased that I have access to the Stanford staff, the "Nobby Clarks" of medical fettling!

Re: The Big C

Dang Allred. I’m hurt to see this. I hate when the C hits my friends. It sounds like you are heading to a great medical center. Good news.

Please keep us posted and let us know how you’re doing. We will miss your presence while your away. This place needs you.

I’ll be praying for a good outcome for you and look forward to hearing good news.

Take care of yourself.

Re: The Big C

Allred
Many thanks FatFat, I know you more than most understand the ramifications of medical maladies.

I plan on being back on CycleVisor asap, I can't bear the thought that you guys could manage without me!!

Re: The Big C

m143
Good Luck Allred !

Re: The Big C

whatarush
That SUCKS!!! Positive thoughts heading your way Allred.

Re: The Big C

Allred
Eight days later, two 4 1/2 hour drives, a five-hour operation, and I am fit enough to come here and thank all you guys for your good wishes.

I'm black and blue, I'm sore as hell, I can't bend, I can't stoop, I can't lift anything, I can't sit or lie in any comfort, and I'm as weak as a kitten. But hopefully they got it all!!!

Great job on the Motorcycles & Girls thread, I'm proud of you!

Allred.

Re: The Big C

motogrady
Hey Hey Hey!  It's a good day!

Great to see you back my friend.   Been on me mind.
This place ain't the same without you.
You sound a bit beat up, but eh, time is a healer.

Time to start thinking about the League, the wildcard thing is in, and things start up in a few weeks!

Again, congrats guy.👍

Re: The Big C

All right,, Allred is back. We are right as rain now.

I’m glad to hear that they got it all. Yeah surgery sucks but thankful for your sake it’s available. The alternative is no fun either.

Rest easy. It won’t be long and you will be back at it.

Glad you’re back.

Re: The Big C

oldironnow
"Master class! Normal service resumed!"

Re: The Big C

Allred
Got a phone call at 8:15 last night from the surgeon at Stanford with post operation pathology results..........ALL OF WHICH WERE NEGATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The operation took almost 5 hours, the recovery time will be many weeks or months, and there was far from a 100% guarantee that all of the cancer could be caught in time, so I can tell you to receive a complete cancer-free clean bill-of-health means "dancing in the street" at our house!!!

I want to again thank everyone here for their good wishes, they were most, most appreciated!

AllRed.

Re: The Big C

Man, Allred, that is freakin AWESOME!!!

I’m so glad to hear this great news. 2011 miles west of your home is a short round guy jiggin right along with you.
Knowing that you don’t have to endure months of painful recovery puts a smile on my shaggy face.

Re: The Big C

Re: The Big C

oldironnow
Huge win!