Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

motogrady

Don’t know who’s gonna ride them in what series.
But, strong rumors they are gonna enter 2 bikes in the 2024 AMA Supercross series.

Which starts in about 4 or 5 weeks.

“Blimey mate…..that’s the limey bike!”

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

motogrady

This from last year…..

https://www.dirtrider.com/story/racing/triumph-supercross-motocross-world-championship-team-2024/

…..easy to gloss over in this article is the name Dave Arnold.
Dave was the team manager for American Honda during
the transition from steel to aluminum frames, 2 strokes to 4 strokes, with some of the greatest riders under Hondas tent.

The other guys……. never heard of them.

But Dave Arnold, he’s been there.

Some say he’s, well, a bit outspoken.
A bit controlling.

But believe it….Dave is the real deal.

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

Nice that they put the Union Jack right in your face out there.
I’m not a dirt bike guy but if I was I’d be looking at this over the Japanese bikes.

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

I’m with you on that one Kirk.
One of a few times I’ll be rootin for a brand vs a rider.

Priced at $9,995.00 it’s not the lowest, price wise.
I think the Zook and Yamaha are a bit lower, with the Honda a bit more and the KTM topping the list.

Weight wise same thing, not the heaviest at 229lbs, again
kinda in the middle of the other half dozen or so 250s
available this year.

You gotta give it to the guy that bought the brand and has it where it is today.   I mean, very few thought they were gonna succeed with bringing it back.

The next big thing for them I guess is finding
2 good riders.  Thinking about it, all the really top tier guys
are under contract. Even the best bike out there ain’t gonna do crap without a really good pilot.

Keep in mind, Supercross in the states is really 3 series per year.  The top class, the 450s, run I think this year 17 rounds.
The 250 class is broken into 2 divisions,
East and West with both naming a Champion.

The first 4 events are all West events, starting with Aniheim 1 in California January 6.

The first East event is Detroit on February 3rd.

Technically, it’s possible we wont see the Triumph until then.
🤔

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

Monster Energy. Is there anything they are not into.
They must make a killing on them drinks.

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

Priced at $9,995.00 it’s not the lowest, price wise.
I think that’s what a friend paid for his 250 Gas Gas a year or so ago.

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

Monster Energy. Is there anything they are not into.
They must make a killing on them drinks.
Same with Red Bull.

I read a brief history on RB awhile ago.
Those energy drinks are total crap.
Almost nobody that actually competes drinks them.

It’s all about marketing.
Those guys could sell snowballs in Siberia during winter for $6.99 a piece.

I think it’s like 10 cents a can to make, ingredients and the metal can included.
Add 15 cents a can to get it to a wholesaler, shipping, ingredients, can included.

This makes it about 25 cents a can, delivered to the wholesalers warehouse.

Who they, RBull, then charge the wholesalers $1.80 a can.

Then the wholesaler adds whatever he wants, with the retailer doing the same.

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

Thanks Walt for that link.

Hopefully they can do better over here, rider wise.

Not dissing anyone, but if you read that link,
Triumph has for the European GPs an older vet kinda guy whose best GP series finish to date has been 7th.
The other guy is a 19 year old hot shot who missed all last year injured.

I’m not gonna say yikes, but if you have participated in our
Motogp league, well, you have an idea what they, Triumph are up against.

I guess they are trying to cover both ends of the spectrum.

The kid, under the tutelage of a large factory might really
pop one off and do real, real well if he finishes the series.

And if not, the old guy could hand them a top ten, or even a top 5 series place finish, to at least save face.

Ya, imho, if they can pull a top 5 this year in the European 250 MX GPs, that would be a win for Triumph.

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

motogrady

You gotta give it to the GP series, they do get around.

Not holding a round in Russia or the USA, well, that’s a bummer, but it is what it is.

https://www.vurbmoto.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/Screen-Shot-2023-10-12-at-9.03.08-AM.png

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

i am hoping this will lead to a dual purpose bike.

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

hacksaw wrote
i am hoping this will lead to a dual purpose bike.
I’m pretty sure that’s a given.
They have already mentioned it.
I’d not be surprised that is next, after they get the 450
done.  I know they have mentioned the ISDE.

It’s not like they have never been there…..

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

motogrady

Remember this guy?

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

I drink Red Bull . Monster not that much .
Red Bull and Beam is a great cocktail.

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

Remember this guy?

Well that’s not a 250 .
I understand where you are coming from .
But this is Hinkley ,not Meriden and nobody from McQueen  days are around. So idk.
I wait and see.

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

motogrady

Yeah I know it’s not a 250, point is they, Triumph we’re into the dirt.  Well, about as much as anyone that is.
And I’ve heard they want to go back to being a major player again, making motorcycles across the full spectrum.

 Heck, I remember when, granted it was a long time ago,
it was a Triumph, what were they, Cub 200s that were the stuff if you wanted to ride trials.

Seems the only thing they didn’t make was the real big 1200s that HD and Indian did.

Now, will they start making trials bikes, I doubt that.
But a 450 Enduro, or dual sport, one would think to fill out
a model line, would have to be included.

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

Red Bull and Absolut

hacksaw wrote
I drink Red Bull . Monster not that much .
Red Bull and Beam is a great cocktail.

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

McQueen, ya he’s gone, but he was a big influence to a young kid.

And so was that ISDT bike he rode that year.

The last of an era really.
Apparently they were the stuff, if you dirt tracked,
desert raced, scrambled, most anything in the dirt.
Heck, I know a guy that has one of those Rickman Triumphs
or BSAs.   Effing thing is beautiful.

That bike, the McQueen bike I’m told is still on display at a dealers shop somewhere in kal a for nia.
I think it’s a TR something.
He had it built and picked it up on his way to the event in Germany.

Why he went with the exhaust 2 in one but still ran it low
down the frame, I dunno.  There seems to be some kind of canister mounted to the rear frame for something.
The rest, besides the tires, looks standard Triumph to me.
But then again, I’m not a Triumph guy.

Anyway you look at it, that bike, for better or worse, was a big influence.

I mean, hell, I coulda got into Cars!

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.