Triumph dirt bike rumors again

motogrady

Word floating around has Triumph either
leasing or purchasing one of the top motocross
training facilities in the USA.

Even tho there have press releases from Triumph, saying they are going to add dirt to their lineup, for a few years now, and Factory guys have been seen a a few Supercross Nationals, no picture of any prototype has surfaced.

There have been reports from a few local MX racers in Britain saying yes, Factory Triumph has been showing up at small, obscure tracks now and then, testing frames and suspension using Suzuki motors as mules.

Word has it the Triumph will be all Triumph.
And it’s been the motor that has been a challenge to create.
No KTM or Honda clone, all British.

Apparently they are getting close, if rumors are true they have either leased or flat out bought this place.

https://themotocrosslife.com/motocross-schools/moto-x-compound-motocross-training-camp-culloden-georgia/

New blood……yeah baby.

Re: Triumph dirt bike rumors again

Interesting that their interest is in purchasing or leasing American dirt. Is there no dirt in England?

You’ll have to forgive my ignorance because I’m so out of touch in the dirt world but is there really a need for Triumph to enter this arena?

Could they be setting their sites on electric dirt bikes?

Re: Triumph dirt bike rumors again

oldironnow
Those are all good questions.

America is huge and England is far away... maybe they feel a need to have tight proximity between US racers, US dirt and their pile of equipment.

Re: Triumph dirt bike rumors again

motogrady

From what I gather, Triumph feels it will put them on par with Kawasaki, Honda and Yamaha as far as having a complete line.

It’s been a monumental task, for sure.
But, they will be one of a select few that offer
a 250 and 450. They will have a motor and bike to run American Flat Track singles. GP motocross, American Supercross, ISDE, will all be possible.

Electric wise, I have heard nothing from them.

As far as why America, Supercross wise, that’s where it’s at.
That series sells a lot of bikes.
It is very hard for a Euro to break thru into that series and win.  Not saying it hasnt happened. It has.  But it’s kind of rare.

They say Triumph has its sights on 4 World/National Championships.
US Supercross.  US Motocross. Europe GP Motocross. And the International Six Days Enduro Championship.

That’s what I hear anyway.

Re: Triumph dirt bike rumors again

Interesting that their interest is in purchasing or leasing American dirt. Is there no dirt in England?

Could they be setting their sites on electric dirt bikes?
There is something to Triumph and electric bikes.
Triumph recently purchased OSET. OSET is a leader in electric off road bikes.
We have had two OSET's they are great machines.
And I really dig riding my new Scrambler on dirt roads.

Re: Triumph dirt bike rumors again

motogrady

That’s really a good thing imo Walt.
The noise factor really hurts the dirt guys.
These, heck, a dad could lay out a small track in his backyard, in a surburban housing development and nobody would realize it’s there.

Go wild little Johnnie!

Ya, this has got to help the future of the dirt side of things.

Anyway, Triumph just put this press release out.
Looks like they ain’t playing…….

https://triumph-mediakits.com/en/news-articles/triumph-racing-motocross-world-championship-team-announcement.html

Re: Triumph dirt bike rumors again

hacksaw
electric moto? lol. well if someone wanted to run stealth in the neighborhood i guess god bless them.
electric dirt bikes have been available for several years.
but it certainly won't help racing. would you pay to watch somebody shave? Norelco Racing! lol.
internal combustion rules. its the  sound and smell that fuels the soul.
E Bikes? no thanks!

Welcome to Rolling Blackout Raceway!
unfortunately todays program has been canceled by request of the Governor
due to the cloudy weather of the last week causing low grid power reserves.

rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: Triumph dirt bike rumors again

oldironnow

https://www.webbikeworld.com/triumph-and-motocross-vision-to-reality-episode-two-the-engine/

If that has an 81mm bore, that could be a Moto3 engine.

Re: Triumph dirt bike rumors again

Re: Triumph dirt bike rumors again

Re: Triumph dirt bike rumors again

whatarush
I’ve looked and can’t find or overlook it, but have the signed any riders yet for Supercross?