Why a inline 4 handles better than V4’s

Interesting article explaining why the inline handles better than the V’s in Motogp.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/motorcycles/motogp/why-inline-four-motogp-bikes-handle-better-than-v4-motogp-bikes

Re: Why a inline 4 handles better than V4’s

Allred
Wow, very interesting stuff. All of it at the limits of stress and capabilities that we can only imagine, but these guys ride at just those limits and capabilities.

As in other sport extremes the MotoGP players are of unusual skill, riding at levels we can only dream of, and such "minor" differences are substantial in these arenas.

Re: Why a inline 4 handles better than V4’s

That was interesting.  Kinda brings it home, how sensitive it gets at that level.

I mean, going from the 2strokes to the 4 strokes, that had to be a big, glaring change for the riders.
Same with electronic traction control.

But to hear even motor configuration is for some a big thing, jeez.

Re: Why a inline 4 handles better than V4’s

Allred
The only comparison I can make for us mere mortals is the difference felt when jumping from say a British parallel twin, to a Japanese in-line 4 in terms of engine braking, or even more noticeable, when jumping from either of those to a shaft drive opposed twin BMW, the torque felt from the combination of the crank rotation and the shaft drive is very noticeable in corners during acceleration/deceleration.

Re: Why a inline 4 handles better than V4’s

  Kinda brings it home, how sensitive it gets at that level.
Yeah, it really does. The sensitivity of these machines is mind numbing.

By watching Motogp I’ve learned that the Ducs struggles to beat the Japanese bikes but wasn’t really for sure why.