Wing Ding Done

After 45 years the Gold Wing Riders Association is closing it up.

https://ridermagazine.com/2022/07/06/gold-wing-road-riders-association-to-shut-down-after-45-years/

Makes me wonder if the Gold Wing sales will go down.

Re: Wing Ding Done

Re: Wing Ding Done

motogrady

The times they are a changing.

Re: Wing Ding Done

did i not read the article close enuff?
why did they shut down?

Re: Wing Ding Done

motogrady
hacksaw wrote
did i not read the article close enuff?
why did they shut down?
Here it is.    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tS3Wkuj5lBY&feature=youtu.be

84,000 members down to 10,000.
No real interest from the younger generation.
The founders are in their 80s.
Apparently a lot of people are moving on to RVs.

One of the only times I can remember an organization like it didn’t just file bankruptcy.
Hats off to ‘em.  A good run.

Re: Wing Ding Done

Surprised that Honda just didn't step in and fund the thing to keep it going.
I don’t think Honda see’s AMERICAN touring as very profitable anymore. Harley dominates that scene, what’s left of it.

Per Grady, the times they are a changing.

Re: Wing Ding Done

The times they are a changing.

Yes in deeded.
https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Environment/Honda-peers-to-ride-20-motorcycles-off-into-the-sunset-this-year

Looks like the Gold Wing is going away as well as the FJR1300.
Kawasaki is stopping it's oversized bikes also.
It's all related to the new Japanese air regs and the cost of redesigning engines that meet these standards.

I'm sure if they saw the potential they would come up with a motor that could meet these standards.

Re: Wing Ding Done

hacksaw
i am not sure i read ALL goldwing models were going away soon.