Your own Aprilia Race Ready Middleweight

Your own Aprilia Race Ready Middleweight

That’s right. You can have your very own Aprilia 660 track only race ready cicle for an MSRP of only $21k

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news/aprilia-unveils-105-horsepower-337-pound-track-only-rs-660-trofeo/

Re: Your own Aprilia Race Ready Middleweight

oldironnow
It claims to have a proprietary fairing and be ‘tactfully built.’

Re: Your own Aprilia Race Ready Middleweight

hacksaw
hopefully it comes with a turtle vest.

Re: Your own Aprilia Race Ready Middleweight

Ya, they do offer some pretty cool stuff at times.

When I moved out here, mid 2000s, there was an Aprilla dealer in the next town over.

Stopped in one day, and they had 2 - 250 2 stroke street Legal racers from the factory replicas.

I think they called them an RS.

Full fairing, expansion chambers with silencers, discs all around blah blah blah, but with lights and a horn.

They were the baddest looking street bikes I ever saw.

This was in Maryland, the land of regulation.
And since Maryland tested for emissions,
you couldn’t get a 2 stroke to pass, so, no tag.
No ride.

So, I asked the guy behind the counter, what’s up with these?  Why the lights, turn signals and horn?
You can’t tag them, they’re smokers.

The guy looked at me for a few seconds, and asked me how long I’d lived around there.  About 6 months I told him.

Well, there are 2 counties in the State of Maryland that are so removed from the rest, both physically and culturally, that even the laws can be a bit different, I was informed.

And if you look at a map you’ll see, all the way to the left,
where his shop was, lays Garrett County.
And it was the only County that hadn’t implemented
Emissions Testing.

So, in Garrett County, yes, you still could tag those fire breathing street legal racers.

I remember thinking, living out in nowherevill…..might not be so bad after all…..

Re: Your own Aprilia Race Ready Middleweight

Re: Your own Aprilia Race Ready Middleweight

oldironnow
I was just thinking about the gorgeous smell of two stroke exhaust.

It makes my toes curl.

Re: Your own Aprilia Race Ready Middleweight

hacksaw
nothing like leaded gas on a chilly evening with an overly "choked" exhaust.
four stroke mind u.
but 2 stroke oils worked great too.

The paint chips of my life.

Re: Your own Aprilia Race Ready Middleweight

Re: Your own Aprilia Race Ready Middleweight

That is an odd looking front end.
A single lens would look better IMO