anyone familiar with ultrasonic cleaning?

anyone familiar with ultrasonic cleaning?

hacksaw
i am getting mixed results.
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: anyone familiar with ultrasonic cleaning?

m143
I have a small heated one, I like it.
Not good for carbs. though. I heard using gasoline as the cleaner helps.
I use Dawn for alot of cleaning.

Re: anyone familiar with ultrasonic cleaning?

oldironnow
Why the prohibition on carb cleaning?

Re: anyone familiar with ultrasonic cleaning?

Why the prohibition on carb cleaning?
Really.

I was watching an old Dick van Dyke show last year.
Rob had bought an English sports car.
His wife Laura was pissed because first, he didn’t tell her.
2nd, it didn’t run smooth.

Rob said all he had to do was take the carbs off, disassemble, and boil them in hot water for a few hours.

Re: anyone familiar with ultrasonic cleaning?

Why the prohibition on carb cleaning?
I find that the Ultra Sonic doesn't clean the ldle circuit.
I have access to an agitated cold carb. cleaning tank and I get better results there.
Otherwise I throw all kinds of parts in the "pool".
Just my experiece.

Got it. Thank you.

Re: anyone familiar with ultrasonic cleaning?

i can believe that.
although i am using a simple green water mix to clean   cabinet hinges. its hard to get up inside some of the areas of the hinge pin.
if i leave it in hotter the antiquing comes off and its bare brass.
so i will give them a quick rust oleum spray.
i have heard the was the way to clean carbs. may need a more caustic bath for that kind of thing.

rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.