here ya go fatfatboy

hacksaw

get your leg fixed and go at it!
get off that faux racer Buell and on to something that you can handle.
in your price range too. i predict.
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: here ya go fatfatboy

What is it. Inquiring minds want to know.

Re: here ya go fatfatboy

oldironnow
Looks like the latest BMW1000RR.  ?

Re: here ya go fatfatboy

Yeah,,,uhhh,,,,,no.
I know now that I cannot be trusted with that type of HP.
Maybe the G310R.

If I was going to go Euro and fast it would be a Duc.
I do miss my 999.

Re: here ya go fatfatboy

Re: here ya go fatfatboy

hacksaw
Well I can understand that .
I always wanted to embrace Ducati . Especially the old 750ss.
Tried hard to love the monsters and blew it
By not buying one of the retro bikes they put out around 2005

Oh well
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: here ya go fatfatboy

Sadly, for any of us who may be either vertically or financially challenged (or both), Ducati has left us out in the cold when it comes to their top end sportbikes.

That 999 had an accessible seat height and reasonable power, with great torque. The current V2 comes close to the power numbers but has a lofty non-adjustable seat height that rules out some potential owners who don't want to risk dropping their relatively expensive baby (nearly 17k MSRP for the 'S'). Ducati's V4 models now touch 30k OTD, so not an option for most people, short or tall, who can't justify to put that much $$$ into such a single-purpose recreational toy.

I have gravitated to the three-cylinder world, where Triumph and Yamaha are producing relatively inexpensive but powerful (enough) sportbikes, even if they are mostly of the 'naked' variety. Although I remember well and really do love the V-Twin sound and method of power delivery, I have found the triples to be better mills for my purposes, which is to have good power at sporting speeds with a nice top end, but that don't sound like they are going to stutter and die at stoplights or tooling around town. 😉

That is a shame but not a huge loss. I'd probably gravitate to the 999 again or maybe 750SS of that same era. I'm more interested in the older Ducs than I am the new ones with all their electro gizmo's.
A 250 Desmo would be a fun one to have.

I've never owned a Triumph but would like to have one in the stable for a trial. The closest I came was the Thruxton but I bought the Roadster instead. The Thruxton seat was a bit higher than the Roadster that I bought instead.

Re: here ya go fatfatboy

hacksaw
I think the newer thruxtons are different than the one available at the time you went roadster . I personally suspect you were starstruck by the Roland sands catalog .
I actually thought the roadster was too high for me.
But I will get another sportster . Although I am in no rush to  sell my 2008 T100
I think the thruxton rear sets made it harder to stretch one’s feet to the ground . But as I mentioned idk which thruxton was available at your time.

Sportsters 85-03 are my thing . I am going to get another sometime or another .
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: here ya go fatfatboy

I’ve owned a 73, 74, 01, 16 and 20 Sportster.
The 73 was my favorite and the one I owned the longest (10 years) but the 01 was the most reliable and the one I put the most miles on. It was my first new bike.

I bought the 74 a couple years ago just because it’s very close to what my 73 was. It’s an xlch that has been converted to a e-start.

Re: here ya go fatfatboy

hacksaw
i cant remember them all.
1988 hugger i had the 1200 kit and belt rear installed. super e, cycle shacks and accel coil , raped ape.
1991 1200 that was a great bike
1990? 883 i brought to the Philippines
2010 883
1991 kitted w/thunderstrom heads. cosmetic issues
and a bunch of non running projects, junks, and parts bikes

the 88 was great. i tried to sneak it thru a hp contest at laconia but the dyno guy suspected it was a ringer. even though the evo sportster hadn't really been on the scene and my improvements were new even to the dealers at the time.

i would want another. i do want another.
one of the best looking bikes of all time.

rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: here ya go fatfatboy

monkeyshines
Here ya go fatfatboy

Re: here ya go fatfatboy

hacksaw
Right on !
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: here ya go fatfatboy

monkeyshines wrote
Here ya go fatfatboy

Can I have the van too?

I'd really like to have a servicar. I saw an orignal fiberglass servi box come up on ebay a few weeks ago for $500.00. I was very tempted to buy it to give me that push.

Re: here ya go fatfatboy

hacksaw
not sure those wheels will fit in the van as is.
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: here ya go fatfatboy

Saw this one the other day.

It has my interest for the two up riding.

Re: here ya go fatfatboy

hacksaw
with almost no backseat?
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: here ya go fatfatboy

hacksaw
actually i really like it except for the fairing .
what's the price vs a miata?

rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: here ya go fatfatboy

monkeyshines
Funny that. The girlfriend bought a freewheeler last year and we’ve been using it for two-up. Because it’s her new trike and she wants to use it so…
It goes against my every motorcycle riding fiber, but turns out, the thing’s a farging hoot. Much harder to master than a two wheeler imo. Harsh rear suspension. The front doesn’t self center, constant micro steering input….you steer it, counter-steer has the opposite effect. you get a workout. First time on it we went on the (busy)freeway. Don’t do that. Non riding public love the things.

I think a two wheeler is a better long distance mount, the RG fairing seems aimed at urban riding, boom stereo and all in the ads. Personally I’d like the windshield gone off this one. And the fenders, and….  Thought I saw 32 grand?

Re: here ya go fatfatboy

monkeyshines
The back seat does suck, so does the front.
Your right leg gets way hot at times. I guess there’s some things you can do about it.

Re: here ya go fatfatboy

hacksaw
yeah, not buy it lol
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.
12