AUSTRIA MOTOGP

Allred

Looking like a wet weekend in Spielberg Austria.......

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

motogrady

Thank you Allred.  šŸ‘

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

oldironnow
Interesting FP1.

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

motogrady
How so?
I don't have the Motogp package.
Inquiring minds want to know.

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

Allred

Looks like rain may be delaying FP2 for MotoGP.................and then this...........

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

Allred

For those interested, an updated MotoGP rider list by number/name/nationality/bike/sponsor.

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

How so?
I don't have the Motogp package.
Inquiring minds want to know.
The various KTMs are still near the front. I wasn't predicting that.

Binder not among the KTMs at the front, but this story has some data. Rain in the first session, and he builds into a weekend.

https://thebikeshow.co.za/brad-binder-tough-day-austria/

FP1: https://www.superbikeplanet.com/motogp-red-bull-ring-austria-fp1-results-2020/

FP2: https://www.superbikeplanet.com/motogp-red-bull-ring-austria-fp2-results-2020/

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

Good read over at Crash.

If they allow 5 sealed motors, and we are coming up on round 4, how can a few be out of engines already?

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/942104/1/rossi-lower-revs-more-braking-everybody-fast

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

oldironnow
Q1 is happening, but there's massive buffering.

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

oldironnow
Petrucci losing his mind over something Aleix has done.

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

oldironnow
New English phrases so far this morning:

Early doors.
Donkey years.

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

New English phrases so far this morning:

Early doors.
Donkey years.
Very familiar with "donkeys years" (it's usually plural). "It's been donkeys years since I've seen Mary".

"Early Doors" is new to me. Looking it up on the internet it has a relatively recent origin apparently stemming from a well known sports announcer who, in the excitement of the events, jumbled his words and instead of saying "early on" or "early days", he would often say "early doors", and the phrase became lore.

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

Allred

So it's official!

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

Allred

Looks like Rossi squeaked into Q2, but only managed 12th on the grid, so it doesn't fare well for him.

Having not seen the qualifying, only viewing the results and reports, it's difficult to know who stands the better chance tomorrow, with so much talent out there it could be anyone's race.

I would favor Miller, but he always seems to fade in the later laps. Vinales looks strong, but he can be unpredictable. Dovi could have a lot to prove. Pol Espargaro has been consistent during practice, Quartararo is a favorite,  etc, etc.

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

motogrady
I'll take those results in the GP tomorrow for the Cyclevisor league.šŸ˜

About Dovi, agreed, watch him go on a tear.

Nothing like a woman scorned, or a man insulted.

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

Allred
My guess(es) for tomorrow is/are:

1) Dovi
2) Quartararo
3) Morbidelli

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

motogrady

MotoGp Round 5, Austria, TV time.   NBCSN1 7:30 am est.  8/16/2020. (Sunday morning).

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

Quite a surprise to see Yamahas at the lead. I expected it to be a pasta fest.

Quartararo seems to be struggling mite than usual so Iā€™m not having I hopes for him on this round. I hope Iā€™m wrong but I need his points. As well as Dovis.

Interesting point, after qualifying they show who was the fastest in each sector. Vinales is not listed in any position of those sectors. Consistency consistency consistency.

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

oldironnow
Morning warmup.

"draw a line under it."

(Draw a line under it. It's a phrase that has become inextricably associated with political jargon. It's come to mean move on, take things forward, make a fresh start, get over it.)

In regard to discussing what the under manufacturers will do about Yamaha's frequest to be allowed to open their engines for 'safety reasons.'

All that above mentioned in regards to a puff of smoke seen from the rear of Vinales M1.

Re: AUSTRIA MOTOGP

oldironnow
Must say.

This team-based format for our League is much more relaxing than the old league supported by MotoGP.

The deal is done.  Just watch my team do its best.

John Madden - "Don't worry that the horse being blind. Just load the wagon."