BIKES FOR 2022

12345

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

Fatfatboy
oldironnow wrote
My Sportster would want triple disc brakes.

Good point.

Looks like a radiator in the front and maybe a skid plate underneath???

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

Fatfatboy
At least it's not a square exhaust.

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

oldironnow
oh dear......

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

Fatfatboy
It happened. Liquid cooled. Fuel under the seat. Still only two stoppers.

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/2022-harley-davidson-nightster/

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

oldironnow
I think it will work.
I think the market will like having less brakes, visually, upfront.

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

Fatfatboy
The FXRST arrived.

I like the looks and was more impressed with the black than I thought I would be. A bit of bronze pinstripe would be nice.

What I’m not a fan of is it’s $25k out the doors.
Add $1000 for some tunes.
Add $400 for a two up seat
Add $500 for a backrest and mounts
Add $300 for passenger pegs. (Really)

I think I might be waiting for a used one or for something with some color.

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

Fatfatboy
Welcome to Oz.

https://youtu.be/nFK-hkaZ3BA

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

hacksaw
way too much black. way too much money.

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

Mad4TheCrest
Saw this yesterday:

Not sure about the gold wheels, or that it's got an MT-07 motor, but the overall look is nice. You probably can't see it in the photo, but it says World GP 60th Anniversary on it.

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

Mad4TheCrest
Saw this today:

Good God Almighty! Look at the size of that jug!

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

Mad4TheCrest
And this Speed Triple RR was yesterday again. This bike is the subject of a recall (along with the Speed Triple RS) about brake caliper bolts.

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

oldironnow
Better that than connecting rod bolts.

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

Mad4TheCrest
oldironnow wrote
Better that than connecting rod bolts.
Very true. Still, you do need brakes that don't seize up and sling you down the road. And this was a silly issue that involves two bolts where one bolt hole was misthreaded which somehow kept the locktite from securing both bolts. Rear brake is the only brake affected.

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

hacksaw
oldironnow wrote
Better that than connecting rod bolts.
yes, i would say it is!

one disk is fine. a good
caliper is the deal.  the less hardware the better

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

m143
Yes big jugs!

Mad4TheCrest wrote
Saw this today:

Good God Almighty! Look at the size of that jug!

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

Mad4TheCrest wrote
Saw this today:

Good God Almighty! Look at the size of that jug!

I guess Highway pegs are not an option here?

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

hacksaw
who needs foot pegs!

look at the size of them jugs!

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

Mad4TheCrest
Some reviewers have damned the Speed Triple's half-faired RR version as not sporty enough ... well, they should see this:

https://youtu.be/i7ynoX3gF00

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

Fatfatboy
What the heck was that!? Cars against bikes?

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

hacksaw
Sick shit! I just don’t see a purpose to it .
12345