BIKES FOR 2022

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

A Sport Glide!

I thought they hired Quart.

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

Quart on a bagger would be fun to watch.

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

I like it. Of course the muffler needs to go, don’t they all.
Yeah parallel twin is so ho-hum but so is the I-4.
A V4 maybe? Or go real radical with an I-6.

Can Honda do anything radical?

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

hacksaw
Horrible looking cobbled up machine.
The front “tin” is 1960’s matched , or rather grossly mismatched , with late model hipster abbreviated tail.
This is what happens when Honda tries to do something radical. Mismatch by committee .
At least it’s not electric.

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

motogrady

It’s the single round headlight.

Pick the phone up, 1962 is calling.

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

Honda is particularly proud of the Hawk’s ergonomics, showing that it can accommodate riders from as short as 5-foot-1 to those 5-foot-11 or more, apparently without the need for an adjustable seat height.

5'1" guy stretching it out.

As well as the standard Hawk 11, Honda has also revealed the first elements of a set of aftermarket components for the bike. A modified version, with silver and black paint instead of the blue and silver of the initial show model, a Moriwaki exhaust, and alternative rearset footpegs has been revealed, with more bolt-on parts promised

The muffler alone is a big improvement.

A guy photoshopped the fairing on a CBR. Looks a bit cleaner

https://www.cycleworld.com/story/motorcycle-news/honda-hawk-11-revealed-japan/

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

oldironnow
That Euro5 muffler is the new real.
Would exhausts on both sides of the bike look alright?
Would two sets of Cats wind up the price?

I like the general idea, but for me a bunch of nibbley details echo the deign by committee comment.
Foremost is the short section of square tube for the frame stay. Why the change from round?  It makes the eye ask questions that can't be answered.

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

Yes, dual pipes shooting out the back would of be pleasant to me eyes.
In stainless of course.

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

Exactly! Which in of itself is nice . But the back of the bike just doesn’t go , or flow, with it at all.
What did they put in the designers Saki?

They have been doing the square engine cradle thing on their dirt bikes for awhile.

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

Square pipes save lives?

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

^ and it only had a 31.7” seat height.

Are the roads getting worse that requires these taller seat heights?
Or is it just more lean angles are desirable?

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

somehow i just dont think so.

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

^ and it only had a 31.7” seat height.

Are the roads getting worse that requires these taller seat heights?
Or is it just more lean angles are desirable?
I think it's about body position regarding center of gravity and hanging off gymnastics. It's about the attitude of rider and machine mid-corner.

All, IMO

Re: BIKES FOR 2022

My Sportster would want triple disc brakes.