CW memories reposted from Racing on Cyclevisor

CW memories reposted from Racing on Cyclevisor

hacksaw
maybe more people will see it.

The Highwayman posts were epic. we still dont know who he was.
i accused Fid Hawser since he has the writing ability. but he denied it and i believe him.
maybe edwards?

the darths were good.
the silver spoon mod from the west coast sucked. he is still active on some site.

some of RHATS stuff was good.
the Gixxer wars.
just about anything from the pre registration days (the wild west era)

DJslx. god rest his soul. my friend.
slx was a water cycle thing he had. but people read  his name as slacks.
LOL! and there was a bunch of posts of Hagar pants titled DJ's Slacks.

steve posting his lunch way back before it became a social media thing to do.

cloon posting an outhouse as hondarider919 garage.

yankee sargeant falling off his barstool

oldroadtoad bitching about wire wheels

never to be repeated. long live the memories!

i am still laughing my ass off over dj slacks. this is what? 20 years ago anyway. still the funniest thing this side of the Highwayman.

Re: CW memories reposted from Racing on Cyclevisor

I see it.

Re: CW memories reposted from Racing on Cyclevisor

Re: CW memories reposted from Racing on Cyclevisor

motogrady

Geez……remember Uncle E dying?
Hittin a patch of gravel and dropping it?
I think the last thing he posted was he had a nasty bruise  on his thigh….the worst he ever saw.
And how his old lady couldn’t wait to sell his stuff after he was gone.
What a freaking bummer that was.

Re: CW memories reposted from Racing on Cyclevisor

hacksaw
Was that what happened to him ?
I know his (ex?) Wife screwed the shit out of him . I thought he basicly died from depression .
He had excellent bikes. Guzzi and Indian And the last year pre unit enfield bullet.

Anyway a great guy gone too soon . Way too soon .

Allred RIP was always posting those woman pics! 😃
Brought it here too.such a tragedy .

I am in the minority I assume, but I never really followed other peoples trips . Maybe rhatt, or posts on deals gap since I met up with cw people there a couple of times.
I just wished them all safe travels.

Edwards was posting there toward the end of his reign . His von Dutch triumph was a topic I got to spend some time with him on .

Anyone remember the pop up of the old guys head? Idk remember what it was advertising. A mumbling old guy . Looked like Casey Stengel. Lol.
Or yankee Sargent ! Hahaha

Re: CW memories reposted from Racing on Cyclevisor

m143
I still want to know how the VonDutch bike turned out.

Re: CW memories reposted from Racing on Cyclevisor

motogrady
m143 wrote
I still want to know how the VonDutch bike turned out.
What was the story on that?

Re: CW memories reposted from Racing on Cyclevisor

hacksaw
Google is your friend.

Re: CW memories reposted from Racing on Cyclevisor

motogrady

Yea I know the von Dutch story.

I was kinda interested in how Edwards got involved, how it went and ended up.

I mean, is there a half done von Dutch sitting under a blue tarp behind Edwards garage?

Re: CW memories reposted from Racing on Cyclevisor

hacksaw
Google is your friend . Try it . An Edwards article from CW is an easy find. Actually the whole story may be in cw archives .
Idk if you were a subscriber . Many forum users unfortunately weren’t. I THINK the bike may have ended up in a national museum of a sort. I suppose I need to check it out myself. Lol.

Re: CW memories reposted from Racing on Cyclevisor

hacksaw
Actually the lost von Dutch story on cw archives is lost as well. Maybe not lost but unceremoniously ended .
The last installment is sept 2009 part 4
The bike is still apart .
When did Edwards suffer the coup that led to his dismissal?
Here is part 3

https://www.cycleworld.com/2009/08/01/the-lost-von-dutch-pt-3/

Calling fat 2!
You got the first issue of bike craft magazine?
Maybe Edwards continued the story as editor of bike craft?
I would ask him myself but I just gave Edwards and Barnet a hard time on bikexit (or one of these news letters) about my never getting the bike craft magazine or a refund.
Only last week .

Re: CW memories reposted from Racing on Cyclevisor

oldironnow
hacksaw wrote
Actually the lost von Dutch story on cw archives is lost as well. Maybe not lost but unceremoniously ended .
The last installment is sept 2009 part 4
The bike is still apart .
When did Edwards suffer the coup that led to his dismissal?
Here is part 3

https://www.cycleworld.com/2009/08/01/the-lost-von-dutch-pt-3/

Calling fat 2!
You got the first issue of bike craft magazine?
Maybe Edwards continued the story as editor of bike craft?
I would ask him myself but I just gave Edwards and Barnet a hard time on bikexit (or one of these news letters) about my never getting the bike craft magazine or a refund.
Only last week .

I gave you a thumbs up there.

There's a link to Part 4.

https://www.cycleworld.com/2009/09/21/the-lost-von-dutch-pt-4/

Re: CW memories reposted from Racing on Cyclevisor

Yes, CW should of gave us a chance to save all the great info that was laid on the pages of the forum. There was some really great stories and info there. The fact that they just turned off the lights with no warning showed just how much they gave a crap about their readers.

I had a CW membership. I felt I owed it to them for using their site but when the switch got flipped I didn't renew.

Randy's epic Euro journey is one for the ages and would of, and should of, made it to the print pages of the rag. Much better story than what I was reading in the glossy commercialized rag they were putting out.
I guess that is part of the downfall of this electronic world. Just a flip of a switch and it can all be gone.

Last week an HD Enthusiast mag showed up in my mailbox. First moto mag I've had in my hands in a long time. Feels good.
I remember back in 2008 when Harley stopped the mag, that had run since 1916, and replaced it with HOG magazine I was severely disappointed. What a bonehead move. For some reason this Enthusiast mag just showed up for no reason. I googled it and discovered that in 2020 they brought it back. I had no idea. I guess I don't buy enough new Harley's.

Re: CW memories reposted from Racing on Cyclevisor

hacksaw
They destroyed the Enthusiast with HOG.
I had every enthusiast from 1979 too when it ended. I felt so deprived I sold them .

As to Cw I also kept the sub as I felt using the forum it was the right  thing to do.

I also got clobbered when yahoo groups folded.
Their maybe some good forums out there yet . But the genre is basically dead .
I also lost the  my taste for face book .

Well corporate hd must be reviewing their files  for their big buyers . So you have been rediscovered !
I have only bought 4 new Harley’s since 1979. So I guess that didn’t make the cut.

Re: CW memories reposted from Racing on Cyclevisor

Geez……remember Uncle E dying?
Hittin a patch of gravel and dropping it?
I think the last thing he posted was he had a nasty bruise  on his thigh….the worst he ever saw.
And how his old lady couldn’t wait to sell his stuff after he was gone.
What a freaking bummer that was.
Yeah, that was one of those that took me back a step. UE was a man with a great big heart. His wife threw it in a blender and hit puree. When he told me that she cheated on him with some artsie fartsie artist guy in Ashland I wanted to ride out and give her a what for.
UE had his health issues. He had diabetes and was also a kidney transplant survivor but it was his wife that killed him. She killed his heart.

I talked to her once. I could feel the cold through the phone.

Re: CW memories reposted from Racing on Cyclevisor

hacksaw wrote
Calling fat 2!
You got the first issue of bike craft magazine?
 I don't think I do but I'll check. I think I tossed it. Kinda felt kicked in the nads when they shut'er down without giving my sub money back.

I pretty much tossed all my mags. I never went back to read them except every now and then I'd remember something and then have to dig through piles of them to find the article I wanted. Now I just google it.

Re: CW memories reposted from Racing on Cyclevisor

hacksaw wrote

Well corporate hd must be reviewing their files  for their big buyers . So you have been rediscovered !
I have only bought 4 new Harley’s since 1979. So I guess that didn’t make the cut.
You may be on to something. It's been 4 years since I bought a new one but I really don't see me buying anything new anytime soon. About the only thing I'm interested in is the FXLR Diablo but they have it severely marked up over MSRP because it's part of the Icon series so I'm gonna pass.

I'm actually considering selling off a few and get back to riding the Fatboy more. It just feels right.
Did you sells yours?

Re: CW memories reposted from Racing on Cyclevisor

hacksaw
No it’s still mine . But a buyer has been waiting for me to put a new battery in which I did.
I also adjusted the clutch cable so it doesn’t bang into first gear from idling in neutral. Still not great but at least it will roll in gear with the clutch in
Without too much grunting .

I would post a video but this forum doesn’t like my camera

Re: CW memories reposted from Racing on Cyclevisor

Geez……remember Uncle E dying?
Hittin a patch of gravel and dropping it?
I think the last thing he posted was he had a nasty bruise  on his thigh….the worst he ever saw.
And how his old lady couldn’t wait to sell his stuff after he was gone.
What a freaking bummer that was.
Yeah, that was one of those that took me back a step. UE was a man with a great big heart. His wife threw it in a blender and hit puree. When he told me that she cheated on him with some artsie fartsie artist guy in Ashland I wanted to ride out and give her a what for.
UE had his health issues. He had diabetes and was also a kidney transplant survivor but it was his wife that killed him. She killed his heart.

I talked to her once. I could feel the cold through the phone.
Yep.  He was a good hearted guy in a cold situation.
I remember he was living in a rented room,
main thing he had was his bike.  I can’t remember which it was, Hack mentions a Royal Enfield, that rings a bell.
It was like that was pretty much all he had and the hag just couldn’t stand him having just one thing that he liked.

Lol…..I told him just pack what you have, and ride that thing
down to Florida.  There’s a ton of old widows with big bank
there.  Latch on to one of ‘em and milk it, screw it, score one for our side.

His answer, “Why would I do that.  It’s all flat and the roads are all straight.”😄

Re: CW memories reposted from Racing on Cyclevisor

I used to sell them at swap meets. But it wasn’t worth dragging them around . I gave boxes and boxes and boxes them to Murdercyles MC .
Collected up from mid 70’s. Just about every msg yiu csn think of . I used to sub to everything .
I still get motorcycle classics and currently Easy rider .
I don’t think I will resub to ER . It’s to glossy and high falutant. I do buy single issues of Dice, Chopper , couple of others . I have several issues Of 60’s Chopper . I love the  old bobbers people are using as everyday rides rather than many of the custom  show bikes out there .