ITALY MotoGP Rimini

Allred
Yeah, I know, it's another two weeks, but .................Rossi's home turf.

Rossi hasn't won here since 2014, he did come second in 2016, It would be good for him, (and for my CycleVisor MotorGP league) if he could win here this year.

There's no Marquez, Quartararo doesn't seem to be able to be able to repeat his earlier performances, Vinales keeps having clutch or brake problems, Crutchlow is really suffering, Dovi doesn't seem to be what he was, Binder had an amazing Czech win, Mir, Nakagami, P. Espargaro, Miller are trying hard, maybe it's Rossi's race? (if only he can qualify with a decent grid position!)

Re: ITALY MotoGP Rimini

motogrady

It’s a bummer when one gets into a series and then it pauses, stops or finishes.☹️

Re: ITALY MotoGP Rimini

Re: ITALY MotoGP Rimini

Re: ITALY MotoGP Rimini

Re: ITALY MotoGP Rimini

whatarush
First round with spectators ....last I heard they're allowing 10'000 a day.

Only 10 more days to FP1.

Re: ITALY MotoGP Rimini

Allred

Still a week away so things could change, but right now looking like a possible wet weekend for Rimini.........

Re: ITALY MotoGP Rimini

motogrady
Allred wrote

Still a week away so things could change, but right now looking like a possible wet weekend for Rimini.........

.
Hummm.........wet would be good for brakes and lack of hp bikes........,.

Re: ITALY MotoGP Rimini

Allred
Checking my Dish TV guide, looks like the Italian GP will not be aired until 1:30pm PT on Sunday.

Re: ITALY MotoGP Rimini

Allred

Threat of rain has disappeared.......looks like 83 and sunny for Sunday.

Re: ITALY MotoGP Rimini

oldironnow
Good news.
Perhaps too much shenanigans in MotoGP of late to add the madness of rain.

Re: ITALY MotoGP Rimini

Re: ITALY MotoGP Rimini

So ready for a race.

Re: ITALY MotoGP Rimini

Allred
Vinales predicted he would do well at Rimini, and FP1 & 2 reflects that, although Quartararo pipped him for combined first after the two practice events.

P. Espargaro is looking good, and even Valentino placed 6th overall thus far.

Will be interesting to see what Saturday brings.............

Re: ITALY MotoGP Rimini

oldironnow
I launched the browser just in time to see the results.

Re: ITALY MotoGP Rimini

Allred

Like old times..........Rossi led FP3 ahead of Vinales and Quartararo!

Re: ITALY MotoGP Rimini

Allred

A Yamaha front row, with Rossi leading row two.

Dovi down in 9th, and Zarco, P. Espargaro & Oliveiro making up the 4th row of the grid.

Nakagami, Petrucci, Binder & Rabat have their work cut out for them starting from 14th, 15th, 16th and 17th.

Crutchlow a non starter due to complications from his left arm operation.
https://us.motorsport.com/motogp/news/cal-crutchlow-arm-surgery-disaster/4872018/

Re: ITALY MotoGP Rimini

Allred
Should be an excellent race...........I'm going to predict:

1) Quartararo
2) Miller
3) Rossi

Re: ITALY MotoGP Rimini

oldironnow
Quart
Rossi
Bagnaia
Rins, close fourth.

Re: ITALY MotoGP Rimini

motogrady

Thoughts........kind of amazing nobody over at Repsol hasn't gone off the deep end yet.  Alex, what can u say?   And the fact it's been published his brother, MM, is gonna be out for 3 months from this weekend, I mean how do you spell anti depressants?

I tell u guys, one is wondering, just how bad is Marques injury?
Is it just a bone and muscle thing, or, heaven forbid, some kind of nerve issue also?

I dunno, either way, the talk I saw is him coming back for the final round.  Why, one asks oneself?
If it's that much a thing, screw it, what is there to gain?  Seems like just taking half a year, maybe 9 months off, get nice and strong, would be the thing to do.

Radios in helmets.  Dorna is supposed to be putting one in a riders helmet this weekend.
Just to see how it works.  Just for safety, so the riders won't miss a red or yellow flag.
Sure.
Some say bring it, others say it would ruin Motogp like it seems to be in F1.  You know, puppets on a string.  Others say screw it, go full tilt and make it 2 way, conversations unlimited, and put it on the tele
live.

If you listen to the riders over at blue, Yamaha has figured a ton out during the last 3 weeks off.

Oh, and yea, Chrutchlow put some pics up of the operation he just had to help with arm pump.

Beef.  It's what's for dinner.
12