Last Rides

1 ... 78910111213 ... 26

Re: Last Rides - Old 💎

hacksaw
That would be red on red.
Meaning  it couldnt  be read.

Re: Last Rides - Old 💎

oldironnow
White on Black is my Favorite.
But interested in
Vintage white on Black,
and,
Orange on Black.

Re: Last Rides - Old 💎

White on Black is my Favorite.
But interested in
Vintage white on Black,
and,
Orange on Black.
Well…..the white on black……we already did that.
If you have one, I think only a dozen were made,
hold on to it.
That color scheme ain’t coming back.

I’m leaning to the HD guys this time out.
I know, me, Oldironnow and Mad4thecrest are a bit more sport bike guys, red or blue colors, orange or yellow mixed would be cool.

But I’m leaning to black on orange.
Fat2 was instrumental in getting this place going.
And Hacksaw has been around.
Maybe give the Vtwins Twins their due.

I dunno.  Dark blue on light blue, orange on red, just might have to wait till next year.

Re: Last Rides - Old 💎

Thanks for the thought Grady but in thinking about this,,, the last shirt was black. Maybe a different base color this year and back in black next year.
Just a thought.

Re: Last Rides - Old 💎

Maybe all red 😉

Re: Last Rides - Old 💎

oldironnow
Maybe a 'cycle' of the traditional factory colors?

Re: Last Rides - Old 💎

Re: Last Rides - Old 💎

In have it - a black shirt with Cyclevisor in red, curved around a central image of a red 1980's Nighthawk 650. On the back placed in an obscure place in red print so small you have to hunt to find it (and feel like a winner when you do), "Allred".
Man…..I was talking to a guy about an old
Video of some GP roadracing about a week ago.
It was the Kenny Sr. era, he was in a few events on the Yamaha.
The talk turned to “who was on the 7 bike.  Who was on the 16. Was that Kenny on “2?”.

I started to say “I’ll find out, I know a guy that knows”.

Then realized, I had to cut myself off, because, well, I didn’t.

Re: Last Rides - Old 💎

In have it - a black shirt with Cyclevisor in red, curved around a central image of a red 1980's Nighthawk 650. On the back placed in an obscure place in red print so small you have to hunt to find it (and feel like a winner when you do), "Allred".
We have a winner!!

Re: Last Rides - Old 💎

Some shots of a cool spot from Sunday’s ride at Hrand Tower.
Lewis and Clark stopped here November 25 1803 and all the way back in 1673 French explorer Pere Marquette stopped by to climb the 90 foot tall rock and planted a wooden cross to ward of the demons lurking in the treacherous whirlpool that is at the bottom where the River goes around the rock and meets back up with itself.

Modeling the Cyclevisor shirt.

Stolen from the WWW.

Re: Last Rides - Old 💎

hacksaw
nice spot. i really would love to ride that gravel road on a DP machine.

Re: Last Rides - Old 💎

A DP would of been a good one for it. The other two bikes were a KTM 1190 adventure bike and a v-strom.
I floated across gravel like riding on marbles.
Worth it.

Re: Last Rides - Oops

Re: Last Rides - Oops

hacksaw
well....
glad u didn't have an accident.
i dont understand that top case, that doesn't affect the handling? that  and that muffler  would just have to go. comments for another thread i suppose.

chains. well i use them on some bikes. shit happens. glad u r ok.

Re: Last Rides - Oops

Re: Last Rides - Oops

hacksaw
that's fine. you ride harder than i do these days.

Re: Last Rides - Oops

oldironnow
As hacksaw says - Glad you didn't eat it and all came out fine.

That's a good reminder to carry some stranded-water with me.

How do the output shaft threads look? Not damaged?

What has the shop said?

How did you get off the side of the road?

Re: Last Rides - Oops

Re: Last Rides - Oops

motogrady

Shoulda been a flat washer with grooves to fit over shaft under the nut with a tab that can be bent up next to one side of the nut, to keep said nut from moving.

If the new washer has the grooves cut into it so it slides on the countershaft, and there is enough of the washer to be bent up to lock the nut in place, and isn't, silly mechanic.

Re: Last Rides - Oops

motogrady
1 ... 78910111213 ... 26