Last Rides

1 ... 9101112131415 ... 26

Re: Last Rides - Oops

Can you do protein drinks?
Because I’m on dialysis I have to really watch my intake in between treatments.
A small 11oz protein drink goes a long way.
I buy them by the case so they only cost about a buck and a quarter each.

Re: Last Rides - Oops

Re: Last Rides - Oops

Can you do protein drinks?
Because I’m on dialysis I have to really watch my intake in between treatments.
A small 11oz protein drink goes a long way.
I buy them by the case so they only cost about a buck and a quarter each.
I got a call out of the blue last night.
Somehow a friend of mine from way back,
his wife found me on the internet, called.

After shooting the breeze for a bit he tells me,
“Oh yeah, I just got out of the hospital. Was in there for
a good week. My kidneys quit working. Almost died.
They have me on dialysis, 3 treatments a week. Kinda scary, I don’t really know what it’s all about.”

“WTF?” I said.

Told me they think it might have been caused by acedimedethine (sp?).  Said yeah, he took it not like crazy,
but was the only thing he used for headaches and colds.

Told him don’t sweat it, I know this guy that has beezeritis on top of TheBuell Flu, and lives larger than I do, doesn’t seem to faze him.

After explaining it a bit, he used to ride a Bonneville,
he laughed and said whew, that makes me feel a lot better.

Re: Last Rides - Oops

Buell flu. I like that.

Sorry to hear your friend has to visit the vampire’s. Not as much fun as having a kidney but it’s better than the alternative.

Yeah, it can be a bit overwhelming at first but soon it’s just routine. I go to work and on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays I leave at 3:00 instead of 5:00. I drive the 40 minutes to the clinic, plop in a chair, I stick some needles in my arm (an innie and an outie), the gals hook them to some hoses to the machine, I grab the tablet or a nap and 3 hours and 15 minutes later they unplug me and I head home and typically go to bed.

That routine is about to change. Next week I start training to do my own dialysis at home on a portable machine.
I’m hoping to do it at night when I sleep giving me my days back. Freedom!

I hope your friend can get a kidney transplant. That there is true freedom.

Re: Last Rides - Oops

hacksaw
I just found out a good friend is on dialysis.
It’s over nite while he sleeps at home. Daily deal

Re: Last Rides - Oops

Re: Last Rides - Oops

Re: Last Rides - Oops

Sounds like he’s doing what they call peritoneal dialysis (PD). It use a tube that hangs out the belly and runs into the peritoneum sack. Fluid fills the peritoneum and dwells in there  using the sack as a filter. After a few hours the fluid drains and then repeats the process again while you sleep.

I did that on my first go around of kidney failure 24 years ago for awhile. I got an infection called peritonitis a few times so had to go back to hemodialysis and can’t go back to PD.
It’s a pretty convenient way to do it. No blood exchange so it can be done just about anywhere as long as you can carry all the fluids required to make the fluid exchanges.

I know a gal that did her exchange sitting on her bike on the highway shoulder. She carried the bags of fluids in a motorcycle trailer.

Re: Last Rides - Oops

Idk if Tylenol is tge same thing. The guy I am talking about blames acidwhstever himself

Re: Last Rides - Oops

Last Rides is getting dangerously close to Last Rites.
So to switch back to rides.
Not a big ride , but I had the T100 detailed.
Picked it up and did a nice loop . First time I rode it in over a year . Man my hips hurt though . Oh well.
600 mikes on this bike. Bought it new 2012! Lol. Seating position didn’t bother me ten years ago .

Re: Last Rides - Oops

motogrady
hacksaw wrote
Last Rides is getting dangerously close to Last Rites.
So to switch back to rides.
Not a big ride , but I had the T100 detailed.
Picked it up and did a nice loop . First time I rode it in over a year . Man my hips hurt though . Oh well.
600 mikes on this bike. Bought it new 2012! Lol. Seating position didn’t bother me ten years ago .
Lol….I feels you Hack.

I’ve been out like 3 times this year.
WTF.

Working on getting my priorities straight.
We’ve got so much…..stuff…..the….3 acres
to mow.  The house is a becoming a lot for us at 2600sq ft.
Work, I’ve dropped half of my customers, the crappy ones.
I don’t need it.  Did this season, work wise, by myself.
Seems like every young guy I hire has issues witt something. Effing cell phones rule their life.

Na.  Seriously thinking about selling my 2 750s and just have the 450 Zook.  It fits me better. Almost like a dirt bike
weight wise.  Being a twin and all it’s much more narrow.
And lighter.  And lower.

I dunno.  Maybe it’s winter bearing down on us.
I just know getting that call, kinda got me thinking.
I mean, Donald and myself, he’s younger than me,
we worked together in a sheet metal shop just outside Annapolis for a year. And lived in Baltimore.
He rode a Bonneville, I had one of those RD 350s, the red one.  Fridays we’d get paid, race the 20 miles home and be broke on Monday.  Couldn’t afford a freaking car, but life was just, I dunno, fun.

Now I’ve gotta get the Holloween stuff out, the vinyl siding needs power washing, one of the 3 cars we have is running rough and needs attention……. 3 bikes, and I’ve ridden 3 times this season.

That call just brought it to the forefront.
Time is finite.
Enough with the stuff.

Time to scale back.
Do more living.

Re: Last Rides - Oops

hacksaw wrote
Last Rides is getting dangerously close to Last Rites.
Bwahaha,, that’s hilarious.
It’s good to get’em out once and awhile.

I’m curious, which bike hurts your hips more, the triumph or the fatboy?

I’m kind of in the same thoughts as you, Grady. I’m starting to feel inslaved to my bikes.
Fatboy needs new tires.
Beemer has an oil leak
Beezer needs a top end and I’d like to put a Springer with real brakes on it.
Ironhead needs carb work as well the Topper
Softail deluxe needs a new back tire soon
Red striped Springer needs a new front shock
Buell needs fluid changes because I have no idea when the last was done.

I just finished putting a new headlight and front shock on the blue striped Springer to put it up for sale. Took it for a ride yesterday and heard some squeaking in the rear swingarm and shock connection so back on the table it went.

If I could just get a month off work I could knock this all out. The three trips a week to dialysis really backed me up on my chores. I’m hoping this home hemo will give me back some free time to get some of these bikes the love they need and then maybe off to someone with more time.

Right now I’m thinking about keeping the fatboy, red striped Springer, Buell, Deluxe and maybe the Beezer. This is subject to change. Ever time a take a bike out I seem to change my mind.

Re: Last Rides - Oops

Fall is creeping in. Took advantage of the coolness and took the Buell out for the day to introduce it to some of my local back roads.

Even tried some gravel. Not bad but could use some 80/20 tread to get serious.

Got about 170 miles on her. Starting to get used to it and having some fun.
The really good brakes saved my bacon on a curve I went in too hot on. Thanks Erik.

Re: Last Rides - Oops

Re: Last Rides - Oops

oldironnow
Love reading about your Buell adventure, ffb!
Feel your project backlog - i have six of them. Maybe seven.

It was a willful play on words when i chose “Last Rides”.
We go along. We go along. We go along…
At some point, there’s an unforeseen last ride.

Joyfully fill up this space with the ones that aren’t.

Re: Last Rides - Oops

hacksaw
“  Ever time a take a bike out I seem to change my mind. ”

That I completely understand.

Re: Last Rides - Oops

Re: Last Rides - Oops

whatarush

Nice!!!  Is that Oak Grove Church Rd just before Mill Hill?

Re: Last Rides - Oops

hacksaw
Tuff place to park .
1 ... 9101112131415 ... 26