Postponed events

grado
Administrator
Daytona 200 to the fall BikeFest
American Supercross tba
Motogp to who knows
American Superbike ditto
World Superbike ditto.
One wonders if Sturgis is gonna happen.

Re: Postponed events

Right now they have the France GP scheduled for May 17.
I hope it can be run but I am not holding my breath.

Re: Postponed events

it’s looking like there is going to be some cancellations of some of the Motogp races.

https://www.gpone.com/en/2020/03/29/motogp/ezpeleta-if-we-start-too-late-we-wont-be-able-to-hold-all-the-races.html?amp

They have to have 13 races to make a championship season. Before they talked liked they would get them all in but now they are worried about messing up the 2021 season if they keep pushing this season back. So I’m guessing they will start canceling some of the races.
Question is which ones? How do you choose?

That article also mentioned that Dorna had to do their own stimulus package and pay each Moto2 and Moto3 races 2500 euros.
I guess next seasons video pass will be going up again.

Re: Postponed events

grado
I have a feelin motogp April 17 is kind of optimistic also F2

As of today, March 30th.

Laconia Bike Rally, scheduled June 13th, may be moved to
August 22nd.  They’re not sure yet.

Sturgis.  The Town Council officially has moved the rally from the traditional start as the last week of July, to August 7th.
Also the official length of the event has been increased from
7 to 10 days. The Council acknowledged a few businesses will do as they please, but hoped all would comply.

Daytona Biketoberfest is on for October 15th.
The Daytona 200 Road Race, which was cancelled in March,
is slated to run at this event.

MotoAmerica has moved its first 2 rounds to later in the year.
Road Atlanta April 17th to July 31st.
The Indy round will run the weekend of October 19th.

American Supercross. After taking a massive hit to their series, having to cancel everything half way thru, are talking about rescheduling the missed rounds in the fall.
That whole deal is on hold.  Some say just call it a shortened series. Some say pick back up on it after the Outdoor Motocross Nationals.  Right now everything is just kind of in limbo.

American Motocross. MX Sports, the guys that run this series
have already cancelled the first 3 rounds of this years series.
Usually starting in early spring, out west, the first event of this years nationals will be held in Florida, June 6th.

Looks like Spring and half the Summer are gonna be a desert for motorcycle events this year.
With a virtual downpour of things to attend from June on out.

Re: Postponed events

oldironnow
I read that MotoAmerica's Indy event now spans Oct. 9th through the 11th.

https://motoamerica.com/indy/

I intended to ride out for the August date, but the Indy500 has been moved to that spot on the calendar.

My vacation dates get locked in early, so changing that one might be difficult.

Road America is still on my schedule, and, of course, Laguna Seca.

Re: Postponed events

grado
Administrator
Yes old iron that’s correct. The 9th.

Also just saw the International Six Days Enduro, has been cancelled for this year. Was set to run in Italy.  Apparently it will stay in Italy in 2021.
Even tho it’s kind of watered down, still one of if not the truest tests of rider and machine.
Gone are the days when the likes of McQueen and Penton
did it. When you needed to be able to change a tire, and mount it in 4 minutes. By yourself.
But still one heck of an event.

Re: Postponed events

France GP has been postponed with no new date set.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/04/02/shark-helmets-grand-prix-de-france-postponed/328743

This is really starting to suck.

Re: Postponed events

Allred
And so what happens to all those who paid their 159 Euros for the season video pass?

Re: Postponed events

grado
Administrator
I tell ya Allred, a lot of people are asking that same question
about a bunch of series.
This is such a fluid situation nobody, buyer or customer knows what they’re doing.

I see the promoters trying to salvage what they can.
It’s nice to think it’s “for the sport”.
Which is to a large degree one would like to think is true.

But right now, it looks as though nobody is getting or giving anything back.
No, I take that back.  I hear Daytona 200 tickets have been refunded.

If you chance to pull up the agreement, if they let u, I’d like to hear what they address in the fine print as far as refunds.

Got a feeling u won’t be able to get it, and if u do it will be so small, and written in legalize nobody will understand it.

Re: Postponed events

If they get to do racing Ducati boss is suggesting a double header of sorts.

Wants to have two races at one track held on two weekends.

Not a bad idea really, if they can find any tracks to run on.

 https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/autos/ducati-offers-radical-solution-motogp-122507995.html

Re: Postponed events

Valencia has been postponed to possibly November.
https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/04/16/fim-cev-repsol-calendar-update-valencia/329487

Really not looking good this year

Re: Postponed events

Kawtippin
I see the big events are rescheduled or cancelled altogether. Same for the local rallies too. The MOA in Great Falls has been rescheduled for June of 2021. Most of Spring and early summer rallys are moving to the Fall or next year.
It is going to be a strange riding season this year. The reality of a lost year is sinking in.

Re: Postponed events

oldironnow
Kawtippin wrote
I see the big events are rescheduled or cancelled altogether. Same for the local rallies too. The MOA in Great Falls has been rescheduled for June of 2021. Most of Spring and early summer rallys are moving to the Fall or next year.
It is going to be a strange riding season this year. The reality of a lost year is sinking in.
true that.

I planned to ride out to Road America and Indy for MotoAmerica events this year.
I don't think that will be wise.
The midwest seems to be dropping in on the wave, as the surfers say.

AHRMA cancellations: https://www.ahrma.org/ahrma-event-situation-report/

Re: Postponed events

oldironnow
No ... Assen ???

Okay. I guess this is serious.... ;)

https://www.superbikeplanet.com/2020-sachsenring-assen-tt-finland-motogp-races-cancelled/

Re: Postponed events

Uuuughh!
My big screen tv has no reason to exist anymore. Might as well take it off the wall and put a framed photo on the wall.

Re: Postponed events

grado
Well guys, there’s a bit of rumbling going on.

First off, and I know this kind of thing can get a bit lame, but, I heard from a friend, that says the guys in Morgantown, the home of the company that runs American National Motocross, are talking dates on when and if they might start this years season.

Supposedly,  May the 31st, Father’s Day was mentioned as possibly the first date for the outdoor MX season to begin.
Usually, they would be 4 or 5 rounds in by then.

A big issue tho, seems to be the unfinished National Supercross season.  They had to quit at the halfway point in their series.

And even tho there is no mention in the rule book on how many rounds must be run to consider it a Championship Series, like Motogp does, they are hell bent on running a few if not the number of remaining races.

And to complicate things, rumor has it more than a few feel those rounds should be run, and the Champions decided, before any outdoor Nationals begin.

Both series are run by 2 different companies. MXSPORTS is moto, and Feld is SX. Both Under the AMA flag.
Word has it they both are cooperating with each other, but one has to feel, each will try for what’s best for themselves.

Most mentioned, Feld runs as many rounds as they can agree on, in some vacant stadium in Arizona I think.
Even having 2 or 3 events per week, in the same place, just to get the season in.  I know. WTF?

Then, run the outdoors with like a week break, into October or early November, to get all the Motocross rounds in.

Is this the way it’s gonna be?
Probably not.  But maybe.  It what’s going around at this point in time.

The silver lining, if you could call it that, is there is at least movement on getting going again.

Also, checking a bit on the pavement side,
look what Wayne put out there a bit ago.
He isn’t asking these questions for  nuttin,

https://motoamerica.com/2020/04/motoamerica-fans-ready-to-attend-events/

Re: Postponed events

oldironnow
grado wrote
[...]

Thanks for that link.
I missed that survey from MotoAmerica.
Looks like I better order that new rear for the Buell.
I bet I'm going to try and cross the West and the meatpacking virus stew of the Midwest.

Re: Postponed events

And they say road racing is dead in the USA.
Motorcyclist are a different bread. They ain't scare't.

While the knitting club and underwater basket weavers of the world are hiding in their homes riders are saying, "Bring it!"