Rice O Rama

Rice O Rama today.
Big show and swapmeet.
I was amazed at the wide aray of bikes there.

Re: Rice O Rama

grado
Administrator

Best handling street bike I’ve ever ridden.

Re: Rice O Rama

That RD brings back great memories.
Good looking bike.

Re: Rice O Rama

m143
Kirk ripped my RD at the 2012 CW Rolling Concourse.

Re: Rice O Rama

I flipped this, hope it makes more sense.

Re: Rice O Rama

Interesting bumper rig.
Do you think the carnivals could get away with those nowadays?

Re: Rice O Rama

m143 wrote
Kirk ripped my RD at the 2012 CW Rolling Concourse.

That was a rockin' blast of a time. Sure doesn't seem like 12 years ago.

Re: Rice O Rama

I didn’t know you were there!
Personally I was disappointed in the overall quality of what I saw . I hadn’t been there in a few years and I remember a much larger array of interesting models.
I was hobbling rather badly so I didn’t look close enuff I suppose. I didn’t see that bsa motor stuck behind the bumper car.

Re: Rice O Rama

hacksaw

Friend of mine traditional shovel chopper .
A cool digger triumph

Clean BSA single in the parking area

Re: Rice O Rama

m143
I really liked this Triumph.

Re: Rice O Rama

hacksaw
I didn’t care for the custom paint. The design did not take into account the tank badge . It just didn’t flow. 69 or 70 TR6? is an attractive bike in any case. But I thought the swirly paint job was a distraction . For me anyway .

Re: Rice O Rama

m143
Two macaroonies, I'm thinking T120.
I could do without the mirrors.
Rims are beautiful, tires are wrong.
I still dig it.

Re: Rice O Rama

Bultaco Lobito (Little Wolf), not many of these around.
This one is very complete.

Re: Rice O Rama

m143
This Montessa has Grado written all over it.

Re: Rice O Rama

I couldn’t see another carb and the side cover looked to have more space in front than if it had 2 carbs.
But I guess that was from the angle of the picture.
I don’t recall looking at it in person . Looked like one gauge . But that’s how distracting the paint job was.

Yes , mirrors are out of place. Owner must be young and just doesn’t know conflicts in generational styles

Re: Rice O Rama

hacksaw
I see now. That is the back of the pancake black filter I mistook for blank space.

Re: Rice O Rama

m143 wrote
This Montessa has Grado written all over it.

There was a considerable amount of non jap bike dirt type machines there. I probably should be more interested in them , but I am not. Nothing negative toward them . Ossa , bultaco , etc . Good looking bikes. True Husky’s , Maico all good. Never had any of them . Seems like r o r was a good place to find these .
Sorry I missed you . Not just for the sake of it. But i may have learned something about what are these off brands to me.

Re: Rice O Rama

m143

There was a considerable amount of non jap bike dirt type machines there. I probably should be more interested in them , but I am not. Nothing negative toward them . Ossa , bultaco , etc . Good looking bikes. True Husky’s , Maico all good. Never had any of them . Seems like r o r was a good place to find these .
Sorry I missed you . Not just for the sake of it. But i may have learned something about what are these off brands to me.

PUCH

Re: Rice O Rama

m143
This Husky was so shiny it was hard to take a picture of it.

Re: Rice O Rama

I had a couple of Puch and Allstate street bikes but not on the road. Also Jawa. Japan wiped out more than just BSA