Women and Motorcycles

1 ... 6768697071

Re: Women and Motorcycles

whatarush

Re: Women and Motorcycles

hacksaw
Not sure what the whip is about.
Maybe to punish the guy whom used the crappy looking tank .

Re: Women and Motorcycles

whatarush

Re: Women and Motorcycles

hacksaw
Is this a vintage foto or faux nostalgia? I don’t recall flowered tit painting actually .
But I wasn’t in Frisco. Or much of a Parrot Head

Re: Women and Motorcycles

hacksaw
That’s a cone shovel so it had to be a fairly new bike if it was chopped in the early 70’s . Plus the tatts.
That’s modern tattoos you didn’t see on women back in the day . So I will answer my own question .
Despite the bike being quite period correct , the model wouldn’t have been alive in say 1975.
It’s faux nostalgia. If they used a model with no tats they could have got away with it.

Re: Women and Motorcycles

Heck with the faux nostalgia. The bike is beautiful.

Re: Women and Motorcycles

hacksaw
I realize in todays world historic accuracy is not priority .
Being  a product of those times I lament passing off staged shoots as representative of by gone eras.
Including A disclaimer would have been ideal.
Nice images. But,
People whom don’t know any better should be aware .

Re: Women and Motorcycles

motogrady
hacksaw wrote
I realize in todays world historic accuracy is not priority .
Being  a product of those times I lament passing off staged shoots as representative of by gone eras.
Including A disclaimer would have been ideal.
Nice images. But,
People whom don’t know any better should be aware .
Had an interesting conversation awhile back.
Mainly about vintage bikes.
I was lamenting the lack of accuracy in much of what is out there in the present.

“Very true”, I was told.
“But, the thing is, after awhile. After a few generations,
especially if it isn’t photographed, who’s to say what was really what? Many is the time when the past is reinvented to appease or impress the present.”

“Think about it.”, he carried on, “If someone lays claim to a certain thing or way, and nobody disputes it, that becomes the history. That’s the way it was.”

Sad but true.

Re: Women and Motorcycles

hacksaw
Well…
This is why I continue to point out historical inaccuracy.
In this case of this photo it’s a small thing .
In the case of Capt America and the BS with Cliff Vaughs being it’s builder , a huge thing.
And stuff like Harley-Davidson calling it’s iconic Hummer Sportster tank a peanut tank , the idiots who think there is such a think as suicide SHIFTs and whatever else goes down as “history” when it’s wrong , need to be spoken against.

Unfortunately The Rodney Kings of the motoworld help perpetuate these misconceptions.

Re: Women and Motorcycles

whatarush

Re: Women and Motorcycles

hacksaw
Repeat but still sweet.

Re: Women and Motorcycles

whatarush
I thought I had seen it here before…I guess I didn’t look back enough.

Re: Women and Motorcycles

hacksaw
Also on CW

Re: Women and Motorcycles

hacksaw wrote
Repeat but still sweet.
Congrats Hack!

With this post Cyclevisor.com has its first
10,000 views thread.

Bitches kickin ass.

Re: Women and Motorcycles

hacksaw
Wow! Lol.

Re: Women and Motorcycles

whatarush
I’m sure this will be another repeat…and it won’t be my last

Re: Women and Motorcycles

hacksaw
Never saw this one b4!!!!

Re: Women and Motorcycles