"WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

123456 ... 23

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Allred wrote
 rode in flip-flops,
Really?,,, flip flops!?
I can't even walk in those things without deep concentration.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

 The Loop looks fantastic. I wanna play.

Interestingly enough Highway 50 is in one of my loops.
Not as curvy as your highway 50.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Really?,,, flip flops!?
I can't even walk in those things without deep concentration.
I hear you, I think I've had more "dangerous moments" walking in flip-flops than I have riding motorcycles!

And to add to that recent ride, I cannot praise the Michelin Commander II tires I fitted to the bike recently enough, I really like them, they are keen to lean into a corner and have a very stable grippy feel to them. Of all the tires I've used over the years I would rate Michelins as the best, by a large margin, I pretty much won't/don't buy anything else for motorcycles.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

monkeyshines
the guy that bought my Busa did this to it last week

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

oldironnow
What did the 'Busa do to him?

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

monkeyshines wrote
the guy that bought my Busa did this to it last week
That sucks big time!

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

oldironnow
Maybe a candidate for some time with the cutting torch.
Start an evolutionary journey to Bonneville (which is happening right now).

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Bummer! I hope he is okay.
I think that bike needs to go to the Kentucky chop shop of Smokedog.

Was thinking the same thing!

Thinking it was game-on with a Tesla that was whipping past him on an empty two-lane he cranked it up, the Tesla moved back to the right, rider slammed on the binders but lost it. He was wearing a helmet but only jeans and T shirt. A week at the Burn center, severe abrasions, they've got him wrapped up in high tech bandaging. Ground off one of his nipples :(
Say's he's going to part the bike out.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Allred
monkeyshines wrote
Thinking it was game-on with a Tesla that was whipping past him on an empty two-lane he cranked it up, the Tesla moved back to the right, rider slammed on the binders but lost it. He was wearing a helmet but only jeans and T shirt. A week at the Burn center, severe abrasions, they've got him wrapped up in high tech bandaging. Ground off one of his nipples :(
Say's he's going to part the bike out.

Now that REALLY sucks big time!

Hope his recovery is quick and trouble free.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Auughhh,,, Real sorry to hear that. I hope has a speedy recovery.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

oldironnow
Oh, I did not want to hear there was bad news...
Damn. Was looking forward to a tale of unscathed escape suitable for future barroom regalure.

Rider-to-rider, he has my bests.

Man-stectomy, and all the pain.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

oldironnow
I spent way too many minutes trying to force 'regalitry,' but gave up.

Mr. Shines: Support point? GoFundMe?

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

motogrady
Took my time gettin it on, cleaned brakes, greased wheel bearings, oiled the chain, replaced a missing chain adjuster bolt.

Gonna shake it down tomorrow, around the block, maybe do the loop this weekend.

Tags are good, insurance is paid, feeling a certain lightness of being.

Now, next week, get something going on my '82.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

oldironnow
The good work of soul craft.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Shake it up Grado.
Looking forward to your ride report

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

monkeyshines
I spent way too many minutes trying to force 'regalitry,' but gave up.

Mr. Shines: Support point? GoFundMe?
Bones of the bike look good, rear subframe is bent, left engine cover ground down and leaking a bit, half the fairing parts are garbage, instrument cluster destroyed, etc. Frame forks swingarm rims cooling system, all appear good. Tank has one minor 1/4 inch dent. that bike is sturd-dee. He's looking into buying it out of the ins settlement.

We drove to the sight of his crime, I need to find a way to measure the distance the bike slid after he lost it, has to be over 150 yards.
123456 ... 23