"WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

1234567 ... 23

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

monkeyshines
Took my time gettin it on, cleaned brakes, greased wheel bearings, oiled the chain, replaced a missing chain adjuster bolt.

Gonna shake it down tomorrow, around the block, maybe do the loop this weekend.

Tags are good, insurance is paid, feeling a certain lightness of being.

Now, next week, get something going on my '82.

Brings back memories, a friend had an '80 750f, great bike, love that design.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

monkeyshines wrote
We drove to the sight of his crime, I need to find a way to measure the distance the bike slid after he lost it, has to be over 150 yards.
150 yards! Holy sliding sushi. That’s some serious scrapage.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

monkeyshines wrote
We drove to the sight of his crime, I need to find a way to measure the distance the bike slid after he lost it, has to be over 150 yards.
150 yards! Holy sliding sushi. That’s some serious scrapage.
Shades of Sheene at Daytona.

I propose cutting as much weight as possible off the 'Busa. Try to get it to fit into vintage GSX-R1000 bodywork.

There once was Big Poppa. Now make Slim Poppa.

The thing was covered in oil coolers.

https://www.cyclenews.com/2016/07/article/archives-the-debut-of-big-papa/

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

motogrady

Out for the first time in awhile.
Front seemed mushy.
Had 5 lbs in it.
Found it leaking with 40psi at the rim.

Dumped the 40 psi, clamped it off the shoulder, soapy water, put 95 in it.
Hit the tire with a hammer, I heard a slight pop, poof, no bubbles!

Back out, with 40 in it still felt weird.
Realized, front brakes were sticking.
Both discs, stuck to where they steamed when I hit them with the spr ay bottle.
Very dangerous.

Crackedthe bleeders, instantly freed them up.

I'm thinking a bad hose, master cylinder maybe.

Besides that, running strong.

Oh, picked up a battery for the 82.   Gonna see what's up with that on e tomorrow.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

motogrady

Good news on the 82.
New battery in, (39.00 @ wal mart), motor turns over nicely.
Lights, horn and brake light work.

Next, clean the tank, install an in-line fuel filter I got at Lowe's (10 bucks, highway robbery),
and see what happens.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

“I'm thinking a bad hose, master cylinder maybe.”

I had a 82 GS750 that dragged the front brakes.
I rebuilt the master cylinder and calipers and still had the issue sometimes.
Ended up being the hose was collapsing inside.
Didn’t find out until I gave the bike away to a friend.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

oldironnow
Braided Teflon mmmmm.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

I'm getting this old enduro ready for some cow trailing.

It was kind of easy. The bike was stored with Sunoco Standard 110 about 4 years ago. The fuel has a long shelf life.
I checked the air filter for squatters (had none). Gave her a couple of kicks and she lit right off.
Put some air in the tires, I still have to lube the chain and then off we'll go.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Allred
m143 wrote
I'm getting this old enduro ready for some cow trailing.
Gave her a couple of kicks and she lit right off.
I still have to lube the chain and then off we'll go.
Sounds like fun!

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

m143

Sounds like fun!

.

Should be. I’ve been helping out on a dairy farm, lots of riding around there.

Been a while since I followed a cow trail.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

m143 wrote
I'm getting this old enduro ready for some cow trailing.

It was kind of easy. The bike was stored with Sunoco Standard 110 about 4 years ago. The fuel has a long shelf life.
I checked the air filter for squatters (had none). Gave her a couple of kicks and she lit right off.
Put some air in the tires, I still have to lube the chain and then off we'll go.

Great deal Walt.
Low hours bike for sure.  Not even a ding in the pipe!
And imho the perfect size, 250cc, and stroke, 2, for woods riding.
Ya, great deal.👍

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

whatarush
Replaced the windshield on my Tuono today, do to a piece of wood kicked up from trying to get a whiff of my buddies exhaust on the backroads.

Just glad it wasn't the headlight housing or my visor.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

whatarush wrote
Replaced the windshield on my Tuono today, do to a piece of wood kicked up from trying to get a whiff of my buddies exhaust on the backroads.

Just glad it wasn't the headlight housing or my visor.

Auuuugghhhh,,,,,, Not the Tuono,,,, the beautiful,,sexy,, lovely Tuono?!!!
Where's a sacrificial Kawasaki when you need one?

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

No more jacked up arm with Mo Mar.

Got real lucky on this one. Guy was moving to W.V. and needed to lighten his load. I had to drive fours hours round trip but well worth it for the price. Hardly been used.

It was made about 20 miles from my house so it’s nice having something build locally in my garage.
I wanted to add a tool to keep the sidewall from creeping and get some lube. Was able to swing by the place and buy it straight from them. Nice.

I’m going to bolt it with some lead anchors so I can move it to the side for storage.
Can’t wait to finish the tire that jacked my arm up.
I will conquer!

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

No more jacked up arm with Mo Mar.  Got real lucky on this one. Guy was moving to W.V. and needed to lighten his load. I had to drive fours hours round trip but well worth it for the price.
Excellent find and great addition for the garage!

Now once the word gets out you can spend your weekends fitting tires for all the local biker boys!

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

whatarush
No more jacked up arm with Mo Mar.

Steve and Sue at No-Mar are awesome people. I lucked out when I bought my No-Mar classic model and balancer 9 years ago. They had just got back from the IMS in Chicago and sold me a demo from the show. I was able to save some $$$.

The yellow thing is very helpful. You should also get a couple of xtrahands. They are used to hold the bead in the drop of the wheel.

https://www.nomartirechanger.com/XtraHand_Clamp_p/ac-eh-clamp.htm

Amazon has some plastic ones that are cheper.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MFNJJVK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_sdThFb0XPNKXT?pldnSite=1

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

I asked the guy at No Mar about the extra hands. He said they were more for the sport tires. I told him I do Harley tires.  He told me it won’t work on Harley tires.
Not sure why.
This was at the manufacturing facility off Sappington Dr.
They are close to the dialysis clinic I go to now.

I’ve gotta pick up some lead anchors for 1/2” bolts. I think I’ll set it up in the center of the garage between her side and my side. I plan to make it so that I can move it if I want to store it elsewhere.

Tuesday I have an MRI scheduled for the arm which is getting better but still hurts if I pick up anything more than a couple pounds. Lucky for me my dinner plates have been on the light side 😀

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

whatarush
Fatfatboy wrote
I asked the guy at No Mar about the extra hands. He said they were more for the sport tires. I told him I do Harley tires.  He told me it won’t work on Harley tires.
Not sure why.
This was at the manufacturing facility off Sappington Dr.
They are close to the dialysis clinic I go to now.

I’ve gotta pick up some lead anchors for 1/2” bolts. I think I’ll set it up in the center of the garage between her side and my side. I plan to make it so that I can move it if I want to store it elsewhere.

Tuesday I have an MRI scheduled for the arm which is getting better but still hurts if I pick up anything more than a couple pounds. Lucky for me my dinner plates have been on the light side 😀
I didn't know that...goes to show, everyday is a school day

How'd the MRI go?

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

whatarush wrote
How'd the MRI go?
I’m going Tuesday morning.

BTW, What’s the difference between the No Mar Classic and the CH100?

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

whatarush
As far as I know. The CH100 has posi-clamps wheel clamping system and ground level bead breaker. It also has no overhead arm. The Classic has locking cam & block wheel clamping system and waist high bead breaker with overhead arm.

From what I've read the lower bead breaker is not ideal, because you have to put blocks of wood down so the rotors don't hit the floor when breaking the bead. The overhead arm keeps the center pole more stable to give more leverage when mounting tires and also puts the bead breaker higher.

CH100      Classic

Also if you don't want to bolt it to the floor they have a roll on base so you can move it around.

 https://www.nomartirechanger.com/Roll_on_base_for_Classic_Jr_Pro_Tire_Changers_p/ac-rollonbase-wh.htm
1234567 ... 23