Last Rides

1 ... 15161718192021 ... 26

Re: Last Rides - Oops

hacksaw
of course not. they end up in the curried stew

Re: Last Rides - Oops

I got out of the shop early and rode with my kid.
We found this dirt road in Bakerville CT

Re: Last Rides - Oops

monkeyshines wrote
 Thinking of removing the heel shifter so I can slide my feet further back on the boards.
I tried to keep the heel shifter but today I finally had enough of it.
I like my toe shifter out further than the stock position. I had a stainless tube from somewhere that was the perfect ID and cut a slice of it to fill the spot that the other shifter would fill. I used a couple drilled out washers since OD dimensions of the tube was a little smaller than the rubber thingy ID.

Re: Last Rides - Oops

That’s sweet! They paved the last dirt road in Hamden 2 or three years ago.

That’s beautiful !

Re: Last Rides - Oops

Nice. I try and keep the heel shifters . They originally were all one piece . That is the lever itself held both the toe and heel pegs.
I got used to stomping down in the heel for mad man shifts.
Lot easier than going up .
But it does compromise board space.
I don’t presently own one now. My last was on the fatboy
The next shovel I do I think I will go with police foot clutch , but if I don’t , I will keep it heel toe.

Some people remove the rear peg but keep the lever so it’s still a stomp option .

Re: Last Rides - Oops

I've taken the heel shifter off all my bikes, except the EVO's, because it gets in the way of where I keep my feet on the boards. My feet usually hang 1/3 off the backside of the boards.
For some reason all me EVO bikes I don't have that issue and I have left them on.

Re: Last Rides - Oops

hacksaw
i never noticed a difference. i think they are even the same part number.

Re: Last Rides - Oops

They are the same but I think it’s butt location. I think I sit back further on the newer bikes.
I’ll have to measure the distance from seat to bars.

Re: Last Rides - Oops

hacksaw
Must be.

Re: Last Rides - Oops

I rode yesterday to my friends farm. (My bike is behind the hay baler).

We've plowed here with oxen almost every year since 1978.

Re: Last Rides - Sad4TheCrest

Re: Last Rides - Sad4TheCrest

hacksaw
Seems like a 10yo Tiger 800 is as good as anything else . ‘Ceptin maybe dual oxen.

Re: Last Rides - Sad4TheCrest

Re: Last Rides - Sad4TheCrest

hacksaw
Belching methane ! I love it!
Olly olly oxen free!

Re: Last Rides - Sad4TheCrest

I know this is a motorcycle forum but some video content of the ox pull would be nice to see.

Sorry to hear about The Crest destruction, Mad. And for such a long period. I hope you can find some temporary replacement that still satisfies.

Re: Last Rides - Sad4TheCrest

I was able to finally get in a good ride since last season and with over a 360 mile ride it was also my first real run on the Buell.
I met up with three friends from the flat lands of Illinois that like to ride in Missouri’s hills and holler’s at a Starbucks on the outskirts of St. Louis.
 After a bit of chatting and coffee we headed south to Ozark hill country. I was supposed to plan a route but i got busy through the week and failed to plan a route but I did have a stopping point that had food. The small town of Eminence and I don’t think there is a bad route to it since it’s nestled in the center of Ozark National Scenic Riverways.

The four steeds waiting patiently at a quick stop for the coffee to go somewhere else besides bladders.

Cool man Nate relieved of the emptying.

Down in the south stopping points are where you make them and we made one at a crossroads to stop for a Camel and a bum break.

I also got a chance to hear the Buell running by as the three Illinois guys took turns taking it for a spin. Freaking thing sounds amazing and made me giggle every time one rode by at speed. I wish I would of videoed it.

Enjoying a great pork fritter, fried pickles and a root beer float at the Dairy Shack with the floaters, campers and horseback riders that fill this small town of 500 during the summer months.

After a chow down it was 4:00 and two of the flat landers needed to quick step it back to the right side of the Mississippi to be at a ball game with the family so we had one last Camel together, hoped on the bikes and it was hammer down until about 50 miles in and my left knee finally said enough is enough so I pulled from the pack and stopped and filled up and bought a Yoo-hoo and Alieve.

With another hundred miles left I found the most comfortable way to ride was to lay on the tank and let the legs dangle in the wind behind. I could only imagine what folks were thinking when a screaming bike with a guy dangling from the bars came flying past them.

I usually would just get home at this point but after 50 miles of laying on the tank I made a stop at a small town park for a break.
Sitting on a park bench it was reminiscent of my childhood watching youth hunt for crawdads in a small brook.

Sitting on the park bench watching the boys started to feel a little creepy and I started thinking about using my leather as a pillow and taking a nap so I figured I should get back to it and finish the ride.

Once home I parked the Buell and immediately headed for the medicine cabinet to find the relief of some oxycodone left over from the surgery.
As the drug was doing its thing I started dozing off with the joy of the days ride in my mind and looking forward to the next one. Pain and all of need be.

Re: Last Rides - Sad4TheCrest

Cool man Nate sent me this photo of his Bandit at rest in its stable. It should be put in print.

Re: Last Rides - Sad4TheCrest

I know this is a motorcycle forum but some video content of the ox pull would be nice to see.
A short vid. of me holding the handles of a plow. My friend Ryan driving.

https://youtu.be/FnXYoOKFLew

Re: Last Rides - Sad4TheCrest

hacksaw
Most excellent !

CT’s own Eustis Conway !!

When was the last year for kickers on oxen?

Re: Last Rides - Sad4TheCrest

And skidding firewood logs.

https://youtu.be/CO8Ee5nMDuY
1 ... 15161718192021 ... 26