MotoGP League

Re: MotoGP League

grado
Administrator

You’re doing fine my friend.
A few more events an we crown another
league champ.

Maybe when it’s all said and done we can hash it over.
Where it might use some changes for all concerned.

Thanks again guy, you’ve been a trooper with this.👍

Re: MotoGP League

Finding some time to update the league -

And so it rolls on…
The points pile up, but the order remains unchanged.
Yet, Fat2 closes a bit on whatarush…

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hkIZ_KgflCp7OI6tSbYwb3Zbzy4lhs_YdBB-3V28LLM/htmlview

.
Thanks Oldiron. I appreciate your work on the league.
I see I’m still the first looser and W.A.R is closer to nailing the championship down.
At least the trophy stays in the great state of Misory.

Re: MotoGP League

oldironnow
Well I've been remiss to update the speed sheet but not post the results.

I totally forgot before I got on the plane last week+...

Here's where we are now after Misano2.

Whatarush is just the class.

Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: MotoGP League

Re: MotoGP League

whatarush

Re: MotoGP League

motogrady

Bad injury for a motorcycle racer.
Weak blood flow to those bones.
Especially the scaphoid, the one that usually breaks.
Even if they pin or screw it, it takes a long time to heal.

Plus, right hand, it’s  the gas hand.

I’ve seen guys go to a thumb throttle, like an ATV or 4 wheeler.  I think Mick Doohan had to go that way.

Some say it’s an Omen, a warning.
Stop racing.

Re: MotoGP League

Going to be tough to make the Japanese race.

Re: MotoGP League

Bad injury for a motorcycle racer.
Weak blood flow to those bones.
Especially the scaphoid, the one that usually breaks.
Even if they pin or screw it, it takes a long time to heal.

Plus, right hand, it’s  the gas hand.

I’ve seen guys go to a thumb throttle, like an ATV or 4 wheeler.  I think Mick Doohan had to go that way.

Some say it’s an Omen, a warning.
Stop racing.
My recollection is that Doohan had to use a thumb-actuated rear brake, since his lower right leg was un-healed from an accident that nearly caused its amputation.
I think he kept using it afterward, because of a loss of ankle flexibility.
Other racers also adopted it because it offered a way to finely add in some rear braking into and out of corners.
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Stop racing.
Unfortunately I know all too well about that break. My wrist was destroyed back in 2010. They added a titanium plate and screws….Still to this day I only have one inch of movement in my right wrist.

Re: MotoGP League

motogrady
whatarush wrote
motogrady wrote
Bad injury for a motorcycle racer.
Weak blood flow to those bones.
Especially the scaphoid, the one that usually breaks.
Even if they pin or screw it, it takes a long time to heal.

Plus, right hand, it’s  the gas hand.

I’ve seen guys go to a thumb throttle, like an ATV or 4 wheeler.  I think Mick Doohan had to go that way.

Some say it’s an Omen, a warning.
Stop racing.
Unfortunately I know all too well about that break. My wrist was destroyed back in 2010. They added a titanium plate and screws….Still to this day I only have one inch of movement in my right wrist.
Ya, I did my right scaphoid.
I think I was 22 at the time.
Flat out in 4th gear at a dusty race in Hagerstown Md.
There was a pile up and I hit it at speed.
All I saw was a glint of a fork tube right before impact.
Luckily I was off the seat, half standing, but didn’t have time to even hit the brakes.
Woke up about 25 yards down the track after going over the bars.

No pin, or screw, 18 weeks in a cast, hand set like at full throttle.

Took 2 years to get 80% range of motion,
and enough strength to drive a 16 penny nail with a 20 ounce hammer.

Bummer for sure.
But hey, I was lucky, coulda broke my neck.

Re: MotoGP League

Well I've been remiss to update the speed sheet but not post the results.

I totally forgot before I got on the plane last week+...

Here's where we are now after Misano2.

Whatarush is just the class.

Fat2 claws back 19 on whatarush as Frankie Bags does not bin this round.

Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: MotoGP League

You guys are animals in my book. I got nothing on those recoveries. Feel like Brody on the Orca checkin' my appendix scar........

I snapped the ulna and radius at work in an odd fall, and the hand dislocated up on top of the arm bones.
Drove myself halfway to the hospital until a manager caught up with me and took me the rest of the way in.
The doc shot me up with some trippy drug and then pulled out the hand and set it back on the end of the forearm.
Six easy weeks in a cast, and then the hand came out crooked.

"Hmmmm.. What do you do for a living?"
"I drive trucks and pick up boxes."
"Well, if you were an 80 year-old grandmother, I'd let that be, but this isn't going to work for you."

So I had it broken and plated.
Another six weeks in fiberglass (hurt like a SOB this time), and then I had them remove the plate because I could feel it.
Good range of motion afterward, but if I picked up any parcel over 30 pounds, the wrist would dislocate.

whatrush - do you have to run a quarter-turn throttle?
motogrady - that's a long run of rehab.

whatarush
I made some quick turn throttle inserts out of 2” pvc pipe for the zx10’s and versys, but unfortunately my tuono is fly by wire and not able to use it.

[...]

Ya. It was a whole summer.

When I got the cast off, it was early fall.
I broke it in the Spring.
Having fallen into, let’s say a more party oriented crowd,
the day after I got the cast off a friend was having a pool closing get together.

I dove into the pool and I kid you guys not,
the hand and forearm had atrophied so much it was like just flesh. The hand just flopped around like a big piece of skin when I tried to swim.
Freaked me out.

Re: MotoGP League

oldironnow
"Freaked me out."

I remember that result.

When the PAs finished with the first cast, they said to get on out of here for six weeks and when you're done you'll need a month of therapy.

Which I said - no way I'll need therapy... But after three-plus months in a cast, my elbow was frozen and I couldn't do anything with my arm accept keep it still on a table.

I was in early every session for therapy.
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: MotoGP League

oldironnow
Motegi, the Japanese round.

In the Sprint, Bagnaia kept his head.
Bastianini kept his job.
And MM/Martin clawed their way out of poor grid positions.

Fat2 - 25
whatarush - 22
MG - 18
ZoomZoom - 16
oldironnow - 7
Bookworm - 2

In the Race, Mir and Alex Marquez decided to form a combination vehicle.
Quartararo ran out of fuel for the third time this season.
Zarco didn't knock off Nakagami.
And the field at the front ran in buffered, un-tussled order.
Bags
Martin
MM
Beast
Morbidelli...

Fat2 - 61
whatarush - 49
MG - 45
ZoomZoom - 36
oldironnow - 20
Bookworm - 8

MG is on the move and looking to pass.

If Bastianini takes the point to a faltering Bagnaia, FAT2 has a chance.

If Acosta keeps shredding fairings, ZoomZoom could move up a spot.

.

Fat fat has been a contender every year we’ve run this.

I was in early every session for therapy.
Jut the thought of having anything rebroken and reset is mind boggling to me.

Re: MotoGP League

grado

Freaking Mir.  😒

Re: MotoGP League

oldironnow
grado wrote
Freaking Mir.  😒
Freakin ACOSTA !

Freakin APRILIA !
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.
12345