Racing

123456 ... 42

Re: MotoAmerica round 2 race 2

oldironnow
Baz, in the heat of Jerez:

Re: MotoAmerica round 2 race 2

oldironnow
Thailand, Malaysia, Argentina races canceled for 2020.

MotoGP to add another race after Valencia for the final race of 2020. The wording in the press release suggests that it will be at another European track, but it could just as well be another doubled-up weekend-to-weekend race at Valencia.

"However, it can now be revealed that an additional Grand Prix is to be added to the 2020 FIM MotoGP™ World Championship calendar. After the Gran Premio Motul de la Comunitat Valenciana, another race weekend will take place from the 20th to the 22nd of November at a venue in Europe, becoming the 2020 season finale. Further details on the host venue will be confirmed on Monday the 10th of August."

https://www.superbikeplanet.com/argentina-thailand-and-malaysia-motogp-races-are-cancelled/

I wonder about tires.  You know it's gonna be cold. Just go to the soft?

Re: MotoAmerica round 2 race 2

Baz, in the heat of Jerez:

Melandri?  I thought he retired.

Re: MotoAmerica round 2 race 2

motogrady
MotoAmerica Superbike on TV today, Saturday.  Foxsports1 (fs1) at 3 pm.

https://motoamerica.com/news/

Apparently a big increase in TV viewing.......yea baby.

Re: MotoAmerica round 2 race 2

Re: MotoAmerica round 2 race 2

oldironnow
I haven't looked into MotoAmerica today, but i did sample WSBK.

Recommend SBK Race 2.

The heat, as mentioned by Mad', is intense.

As I was skipping through pre-race to get to the start, I heard a report that Melandri and several; other riders found they couldn't breathe during Race 1.

It's revived my thinking that in MotoGP, especially, where there is an abundance of power that needs to be tempered and tamed, I would expect someday the riders will receive suit-based or motorcycle-supplied 'air conditioning,' or cooling. A balance between power to the ground versus enabling the rider to race with more vigor.

Re: MotoAmerica round 2 race 2

Air conditioning suits. Now that will get me ATGATT.

Re: MotoAmerica round 2 race 2

oldironnow
Yes ^

Hey, MotoAm is in Pittsburgh.

Re: MotoAmerica round 2 race 2

oldironnow
AND

WSBK is at Portimão.

Re: MotoAmerica round 2 race 2

Today and tomorrow, Sarurday and Sunday, 3pm est on fs1.

Re: MotoAmerica round 2 race 2

Re: MotoAmerica round 2 race 2

oldironnow
MLB is experiencing covid flare-ups.

Looking to see what's happening in our sport, I see MotoGP has one case at Brno.

https://sports.yahoo.com/motogp-detects-first-coronavirus-case-034633040.html

Re: MotoAmerica round 2 race 2

MLB is experiencing covid flare-ups.

Looking to see what's happening in our sport, I see MotoGP has one case at Brno.

https://sports.yahoo.com/motogp-detects-first-coronavirus-case-034633040.html
Geez, bikes goin mainstream?
I saw an article yesterday about Sturgis and the biker crowd pretty much saying screw it. Now motogp makes the spotlight. Hummmmmm......

At least Dorna caught it early.  I think they have around 1,500 people total at the events.  They are taking everyone’s temp as the move from pits to grid to parking to, well all sections.  And testing pretty much everyone at every event. Hope they keep it together.

Let's all keep it together.

Re: MotoAmerica round 2 race 2

Re: MotoAmerica round 2 race 2

motogrady
Holy crap.  I just saw somewhere he was joking about it yesterday. Said it wasn't gonna happen, that those kind of decisions were made by higher ups at Ducati.

Oh well.

Re: Late-Breaking MotoGP site

Re: Late-Breaking MotoGP site

Hey gang, Bruce Allen comments on the GP rounds from his own site these days (motorcycle.com lacks the budget to pay for his reporting). He's a good writer and has an interesting perspective and most importantly takes it well when you think he's an idiot. Check him out, comment if you wish, and support the site with your presence as much as you can:

https://motogpfordummies.com/2020/08/16/motogpred-bull-ring-i/
I stopped in.  Seems like a few good guys over there.

Then I hit the place he used to write for, and I'm at a loss.
I mean, how can a website with the name motorcycle.com not make any money?

Re: Late-Breaking MotoGP site

I mean, how can a website with the name motorcycle.com not make any money?
That's one of the reasons why I don't have fBÖök or twtterrr accounts.
Supports splitting everywhere.
123456 ... 42